Thomas USC Visit

Advertisement
Mom's ticket is included in the "official" visit. You can bring a parent along on the school's dime.

Don't think that's accurate

True. The parents have to pay their way there. Once on campus the school can put the parents up and provide food and entertainment. That is why a lot of times you'll read articles about kids bringing their family or someone, as it is a big deal. That is because on most of the trips the kids from lesser financial situations are on their own.

Yup that's also why often times a kid that wants to bring their parents along will end up driving many hours to an OV instead of taking a free plane. Because the school is allowed to compensate the cost of travel for the recruit to get there, so the fact that the parents ride along doesn't cost anything in a car.

Guys, maybe Thomas just really wants to go to the Duke game next week for free and THAT'S why he moved his OV to next week instead of this weekend?

Honestly though, I feel that if this kid wasn't going to be a Cane, we would know by now.

No way Ice Harris lets one of his players lead on the hometown university like this.

ice harris isn't steering anyone anywhere. kids go where they want to go. remember after 08 when we thought we were going to land any and every northwestern prospect we wanted?

Wouldn't be surprised if he cancelled on usc last minute. If he said so no, his phone would be blowing up non-stop until the scheduled flight.

Advertisement
Only way he takes that trip to USC is if his mom bought a plane ticket. Do we know for certain she bought a ticket to go with him, or are we just assuming she planned to go? No way they're throwing that money away.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Eligibility/Becoming+Eligible/Recruiting

Seems like parents do not get the plane tickets paid for anymore.

Hopefully Thomas' mom can't make the trip to Tally because of the length of the drive. Plane tickets there are insanely expensive.

Good point on the price of air fare to Tally. And that car ride sucks a$$.

Advertisement
Here is my issues

You want to go to USC for an OV? sure .. take it as you wish

Mathew Thomas KNEW way head of time that the 18th was a big day for Miami and for some very strange reason his USC trip fell on THAT day?

If he was taking an OV to USC a day before NSD it would not be as bad as him missing a day that our staff has been trying to get him to come on for a month now.

BAD feeling about this

ive been wanting to take a visit to cali for a long time, i dont blame the kid for wanting to take the trip there, as long as the kid makes some sort of visit on campus it will be good

Here is my issues

Mathew Thomas KNEW way head of time that the 18th was a big day for Miami and for some very strange reason his USC trip fell on THAT day?

If he was taking an OV to USC a day before NSD it would not be as bad as him missing a day that our staff has been trying to get him to come on for a month now.

BAD feeling about this

lets not forget that most of the big name kids cancelled their visits this weekend, maybe that went into his decision, but like i said before we really dont know what he is thinking unless one of you guys is bugging his house and tapping his phone, the kid has been saying for a while he has never gone to california

If he already knows where he's going to college, what does it matter if he's there or not?

Advertisement
ice harris isn't steering anyone anywhere. kids go where they want to go. remember after 08 when we thought we were going to land any and every northwestern prospect we wanted?

So what does not landing NW kids after 08 have to do with A) Ice Harris B) BTW kids and C) Matthew Thomas???

Here is my issues

BAD feeling about this

this is what I've been saying. He easily could have rescheduled USC for another weekend but chose not to. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he comes to Miami

Advertisement
His mom already bought her plane ticket by the time Matt Thomas started thinking and saying, "I might switch up my visits, oops!" He literally spoke about changing the trips at the UA practices. Just because he didn't appropriately observe or possess the forethought to recognize Miami's big January 18th weekend doesn't mean we're out of this. Not by any means.

Instead, it means he didn't plan very well, his mom bought her ticket, he wanted to go to Miami instead of USC this weekend, and eventually ended up feeling badly about his mom's wasted ticket money. So he's taking the friggin' visit to USC.

SKY STILL UP THERE WITH THE CLOUDS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back