Thomas Davis on TV right now

Advertisement
He's a mystery man. Our staff thinks he's the best LB in the state. Blew everyone away at Paradise as an off-ball LB. Still mainly a rusher at Killian.

Haven't seen enough of him but he is twitched up.

There's only so much you can show at a camp in short with no pads at off-ball LB......fluidity/redirection, speed and coverage ability.

That's great but it's nothing with instincts, reading keys, ability to shed/evade blockers and chase the ball down in traffic. Not sure how they can think he's the best in the state when he has no tape doing any of that. If they're judging him strictly as an athlete, ok.

Advertisement
Don't care what he does outside of LB. He's not a DE. And before anyone says Freeney he's an anomaly. This board for years hasn't understood the definition of an anomaly.
Absolutely correct. Davis is not a natural edge rusher like Freeney. I think he can be a very good backer. He seems to navigate traffic well and still finds the ball carrier. I really think his best position will be in the middle

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's fast and athletic. No problem there. It's all about the mental transition from rush end to LB.
D; I’ve spoke on this & looking for a little insight. It appears we are recruiting a bunch of square pegs, but we are trying to fit them into round holes. I’m seeing this at the LB position, ATH position, and along the OL. Hence we see a lot of disjointedness. We see way too much growing pains

D; I’ve spoke on this & looking for a little insight. It appears we are recruiting a bunch of square pegs, but we are trying to fit them into round holes. I’m seeing this at the LB position, ATH position, and along the OL. Hence we see a lot of disjointedness. We see way too much growing pains
it's just about projecting where a kid is going to be best at the next level. this is true of scouting in any sport. just because a kid is playing a certain position in high school or college doesn't mean it's his best position when moving up a level. yes ideally you recruit at the level of bama or ohio state and can take the no doubt 5 star studs at every position and slot them into your team, but beyond that you have to be able to project. sometimes it's a slow process or doesn't work at all but we have had been plenty of recent success stories -- greg rousseau went from WR/DB to a top 15 pick at DE, deejay dallas went from high school QB to NFL RB, RJ mcintosh was a DE who became a dominant DT, kendrick norton was an OG who became a multi year starter at DT etc.

Advertisement
Lets go canes []_[]!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1607157148934.jpg
    FB_IMG_1607157148934.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 170
He's back from the medical tent with a TFL!!

That was actually a pretty funny moment because I was sitting there worried and hadn't even realized that he was back in the game. I thought dude was still in the medical tent and then BAM he makes a play. LOL

Great LBs come from a lot of different backgrounds. When you look at the recent first rounders, you see guys who were rush ends in high school, QBs, RBs, safeties and traditional linebackers. The common thread was speed.

One of the problems with the 17-18 LB classes is that we got two slow guys and two fast guys who had their careers derailed by injury.

Advertisement
Back