Thomas Davis on TV right now

He's a mystery man. Our staff thinks he's the best LB in the state. Blew everyone away at Paradise as an off-ball LB. Still mainly a rusher at Killian.

Haven't seen enough of him but he is twitched up.
How fast will he be as a college lb? I have seen zero film of him.

Advertisement
Full disclosure: I've watched this kid for 3 series..and he clearly has an explosive first step, moves well laterally in pursuit down the line of scrimmage, and plays PHYSICALLY and AGGRESSIVELY. However, he's about 6'1/2" and projects to be a tweener (?). I can see by the physical characteristics why just about any staff would be thrilled to work with him, but is he going to have to be taught how to play LB at D-1? Or is he a situational rusher/blitzer who hopefully hits a growth spurt? Reminds a bit of Quincy Roche (maybe because he's #2), but Roche is 6'3".

Full disclosure: I've watched this kid for 3 series..and he clearly has an explosive first step, moves well laterally in pursuit down the line of scrimmage, and plays PHYSICALLY and AGGRESSIVELY. However, he's about 6'1/2" and projects to be a tweener (?). I can see by the physical characteristics why just about any staff would be thrilled to work with him, but is he going to have to be taught how to play LB at D-1? Or is he a situational rusher/blitzer who hopefully hits a growth spurt? Reminds a bit of Quincy Roche (maybe because he's #2), but Roche is 6'3".
Mike backer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude was literally helped off the field, not putting weight on the leg..and then back in the game within 5 plays. Guess is trainers told him not to put weight on it til they checked it out.
North Cobb was getting zilch running right (at Davis), and immediately picked up a 1st down running right after his exit. Then he re-enters with the TFL and Lowndes forces a punt.

Advertisement
Back