Thomas Brown on the future of Miami Hurricanes’ offense

Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

But if that were it, wouldn't at least one of the last 2 staffs have found a way to get him the ball? Thin as we are in other spots, it seems like there's got to be more to it than not being a natural RB.

What do you want this staff to do throw him out there on crutches just to get him carries?

Advertisement
This the same Brown that said we have 2 elite RBs at the beginning of the year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He wouldn't get drafted though. 1k season, they don't mean squat with as many games as there are these days. Family to feed, he better get that degree as that's his future in all likelihood.

Was a early enrollee so probably has only one semester left after this year. He can come back anytime and finish that.

Yearby getting drafted?

Source: the Brad Kaaya hype squad

Even if he doesn't get drafted signing as an UDFA is probably the better choice. He has way more on the line to lose than he does to gain

No he doesn't. His future is his degree. There's a lot of running backs that can do what he can. If he left early, he would be jobless in a few months most likely, and while he can come back for his degree....he'd have to do it without free room and board as well as tuition. Talk about a burden, it would be much higher than it is now.

UDFA's rarely make the team. ****, some draft picks don't. He gets injured as an UDFA, he's doubly screwed. Get your diploma, go from there.

Jesus, people really get worked up on the stupid sauce after a win against a crap opponent.

This Yearby stuff is hysterical. You're kidding about the draft, right? I mean surely you are?

Grad transfer is a possibility at some point, but Walton isn't pushing anyone out....at least not to my eyes. Neither is Gus after just one game.

You really see all 3 of those RB's sharing the backfield again next year? Yearby has a resume good enough to get looks from the NFL. It's very unlikely he could improve his stock by staying a year. Most importantly he's got kids to feed. It's not about getting pushed out it's just a good business decision imo.

Again, what's resume stuff? Do you guys even watch other teams?

His skill set. Yearby can be a 3rd down back in the league. Can always come back for the degree.

Advertisement
Yearby getting drafted?

Even if he doesn't get drafted signing as an UDFA is probably the better choice. He has way more on the line to lose than he does to gain

No he doesn't. His future is his degree. There's a lot of running backs that can do what he can. If he left early, he would be jobless in a few months most likely, and while he can come back for his degree....he'd have to do it without free room and board as well as tuition. Talk about a burden, it would be much higher than it is now.

UDFA's rarely make the team. ****, some draft picks don't. He gets injured as an UDFA, he's doubly screwed. Get your diploma, go from there.

Jesus, people really get worked up on the stupid sauce after a win against a crap opponent.

That degree isnt important right now. Why wouldnt he chase the nfl and all that first? If he gets injured or whatever he can fall back on getting his degree just like kenny phillips is doing.

Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

But if that were it, wouldn't at least one of the last 2 staffs have found a way to get him the ball? Thin as we are in other spots, it seems like there's got to be more to it than not being a natural RB.

What do you want this staff to do throw him out there on crutches just to get him carries?

I don't care what they do with him at this point, I'm saying that before he got hurt he wasn't seeing the field. He's either not the hot **** athlete everybody thought or he's f'n up in some way, otherwise they'd have found a way to get him the ball when he was healthy.

Yearby getting drafted?

That degree isnt important right now. Why wouldnt he chase the nfl and all that first? If he gets injured or whatever he can fall back on getting his degree just like kenny phillips is doing.

The degree is free right now, in a few years it'll cost him $50K a year to finish up.

Yearby getting drafted?

I've said this for months. I said it thinking he'd be the lead back again this year and end up with another 1000 yard season and be gone. I still think he'll leave. 50k on a practice squad, 500k league minimum etc is going to be more than what he makes with his degree. I'm more focused on his situation with his kids as the reason he'll leave. Any extra time in the NFL whether it's practice squad or not is the better future he can offer his kids. Make 50k or make nothing and be a backup? Not a hard choice especially if 500k is within reach

Advertisement
Yearby getting drafted?

The degree is free right now, in a few years it'll cost him $50K a year to finish up.

He enrolled early probably closer to a semester away

I don't trust brown's coaching ability nor his decision making. Not one bit

Gus should've been the starter from day 1

Just rampant stupidity in this thread.

So people are having our 3-star backups transfer, or leave for other schools, or prematurely enter the draft, as if we have a conveyor belt of running backs ... and injuries, suspensions, screwups and other unplanned events don't happen.

Brains as soft as mush in this group.

Go to the Bama boards, where instead of 3-stars, they have 4-5 stars in the 3-deep or deeper, and get them to transfer out or otherwise leave while you're at it.

Just stupid.

I think it was pretty clear from that quote that Brown doesn't view Gray as a real contributor. The fact that they have to "stay on him" is not a ringing endorsement. If he wants to play, it likely won't be here. Which is why it is reasonable to think he will transfer.

I don't trust brown's coaching ability nor his decision making. Not one bit

Gus should've been the starter from day 1

He started one game and proceeded to get 2 carries for -6 yards. Give it some time before we crown Gus. Like he said in the interview the injury still lingered and he probably wasn't in good enough shape to be the lead back.

I'm glad he's mixing in though. He brings something different than Walton and Yearby.

Advertisement

So people are having our 3-star backups transfer, or leave for other schools, or prematurely enter the draft, as if we have a conveyor belt of running backs ... and injuries, suspensions, screwups and other unplanned events don't happen.

Go to the Bama boards, where instead of 3-stars, they have 4-5 stars in the 3-deep or deeper, and get them to transfer out or otherwise leave while you're at it.

Just stupid.

I think it was pretty clear from that quote that Brown doesn't view Gray as a real contributor. The fact that they have to "stay on him" is not a ringing endorsement. If he wants to play, it likely won't be here. Which is why it is reasonable to think he will transfer.

And send Yearby packing, too.

While we're at it, let's move Homer to CB.

The retardation on this thread is severe.

Like I said, brain-dead morons on here acting like we have a conveyor belt of running backs, all full of 4-5 star players.

Right now, we have maybe one very good back and possibly 2 average or above average backs and one untested freshman.

Also like I said before, let's hop onto the Alabama message boards and tell them to have their 4-deep five stars transfer or leave

Just stupid.

Like I said, brain-dead morons on here acting like we have a conveyor belt of running backs, all full of 4-5 star players.

Right now, we have maybe one very good back and possibly 2 average or above average backs and one untested freshman.

Also like I said before, let's hop onto the Alabama message boards and tell them to have their 4-deep five stars transfer or leave

I'm not speaking for the other comments on the thread, but you're in denial if you think there was anything positive to take away from the commentary about Gray in that article. If you are interested in betting on it, I'd gladly bet you that Gray isn't either at RB or UM next season.

Advertisement

Just stupid.

You are really f*cking stupid, you know that? We are going to have seven running backs on the team next year if Yearby stays and we get the two commits that Coach Brown wants. If Gray stays at running back, he would most likely not see the field at all next year, except on special teams. He needs to either transfer if he is dead set on playing running back, or move to LB in the spring.

This Yearby stuff is hysterical. You're kidding about the draft, right? I mean surely you are?

Grad transfer is a possibility at some point, but Walton isn't pushing anyone out....at least not to my eyes. Neither is Gus after just one game.

You really see all 3 of those RB's sharing the backfield again next year? Yearby has a resume good enough to get looks from the NFL. It's very unlikely he could improve his stock by staying a year. Most importantly he's got kids to feed. It's not about getting pushed out it's just a good business decision imo.

Again, what's resume stuff? Do you guys even watch other teams?

Again, what is staying 1 year going to add to resume?

Look at the 2016 RB draft and tell me he isn't better than half this list. Kelvin Taylor went in the 6th round, similar resume. You guys don't know **** about football.

2016 NFL Draft Results by Position - Running Backs - ESPN

Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State 1 4(4) Dallas
Derrick Henry RB Alabama 2 14(45) Tennessee
Kenyan Drake RB Alabama 3 10(73) Miami
C.J. Prosise RB Notre Dame 3 27(90) Seattle
Tyler Ervin RB San Jose State 4 21(119) Houston
Kenneth Dixon RB Louisiana Tech 4 36(134) Baltimore
Devontae Booker RB Utah 4 38(136) Denver
Deandre Washington RB Texas Tech 5 4(143) Oakland
Paul Perkins RB UCLA 5 10(149) NY Giants
Jordan Howard RB Indiana 5 11(150) Chicago
Wendell Smallwood RB West Virginia 5 14(153) Philadelphia