Thomas Brown on the future of Miami Hurricanes’ offense

Advertisement
It's hard to envision a scenario where Gus and Yearby are both at UM next year. Pretty much counting on Gray being gone.

"Mullins, a four-star freshman receiver, hasn’t played since the opening weeks. "

Someone tell porter to watch the games. Mullins played vs UVA

It's hard to envision a scenario where Gus and Yearby are both at UM next year. Pretty much counting on Gray being gone.

As stupid as it sounds, I don't see it being too farfetched for Yearby to enter the draft. He'll be behind Walton next year anyway. His draft stock isn't going to get any higher, the only way it can go is down due to getting beat out by Homer, Edwards, McFarland, or whatever or a serious injury. He's got a 1000 yard season on his resume, 2 other solid seasons and more than 2000 yards on his career. Solid pass catcher, pass blocker (except 1 play this year he let Kaaya get blown up).

Add in the fact that he has 2 kids. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could have a role on an NFL team. 3rd down scat back with wiggle and pass catching ability. Just being on a roster is over 500k... Might be the smart move for him tbh.

And until this week I've saw Gus as a potential grad transfer candidate. He may stay if he can get 8-10 carries a game. We've seen the rumors of Homer moving to CB. Who knows what Gray will ever be. All this could be the reason we're taking 2 RBs this cycle.

Last edited:

As stupid as it sounds, I don't see it being too farfetched for Yearby to enter the draft. He'll be behind Walton next year anyway. His draft stock isn't going to get any higher, the only way it can go is down due to getting beat out by Homer, Edwards, McFarland, or whatever or a serious injury. He's got a 1000 yard season on his resume, 2 other solid seasons and more than 2000 yards on his career. Solid pass catcher, pass blocker (except 1 play this year he let Kaaya get blown up).

Add in the fact that he has 2 kids. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could have a role on an NFL team. 3rd down scat back with wiggle and pass catching ability. Just being on a roster is over 500k... Might be the smart move for him tbh.

Agree with all of that, Even if Gus transferred i think Yearby still bolts.

Advertisement
"Mullins, a four-star freshman receiver, hasn’t played since the opening weeks. "

Someone tell porter to watch the games. Mullins played vs UVA

This dude is an ***, 84 was out there plain as day. I noticed him the first play

Agree with all of that, Even if Gus transferred i think Yearby still bolts.

Unless he's dead set on getting his degree first, nothing wrong with that as some guys are, it makes no sense for him to come back. I'd say he's aware he's not beating out Walton. I'd say he could be a 7th rounder and be the typical Miami guy that shows up to camp and turns some heads and ends up on a roster and makes somewhat of an impact.

He's better than a Knile Davis type back that everyone is grabbing to fill roster spots. If he can pass protect, he'll have a role day 1 in the league.

Yearby enter the draft? Wtf???
He's an ankle sprain or acl tear from being the starter.

Advertisement
Yearby enter the draft? Wtf???
He's an ankle sprain or acl tear from being the starter.

He's also an ankle sprain, ACL, breakout from Gus or Homer, etc from being irrelevant. Better go while people know who you are and you don't have an injury blemish on your own draft profile.

Homer to CB.

Walton, Yearby, Gus, and Gray at RB next season.

Redshirt both freshmen, and give them their shot the following year to pass Gray. Along with the incoming frost class.

Or, Homer stays at RB and we gift Gray to FIU for hiring Butch. Then Homer and the youngsters compete for the top spot at RB.

Either way, Brown has a lot of PT to sell to 2018 running backs.

mullins came in last minute. needs the offseason but he has natural talent. the kid di what he had to to get admitted into school so maybe he steps up. gray is prob gone. yearby might declare for draft because he has 2 kids. i really hope we get some gamebreakers tho

Homer to CB.

Walton, Yearby, Gus, and Gray at RB next season.

Redshirt both freshmen, and give them their shot the following year to pass Gray. Along with the incoming frost class.

Or, Homer stays at RB and we gift Gray to FIU for hiring Butch. Then Homer and the youngsters compete for the top spot at RB.

Either way, Brown has a lot of PT to sell to 2018 running backs.

Gray has never improved on his flaws. no reason homer should be moved just to keep him on the roster. enough of this stuff.

Advertisement
Yeah I think yearby leaves too personally. But who knows. It's a deep running back class

Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

Advertisement

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

I know he was injured this year. But it seems like if he were that good of an athlete, they would have been able to get him on the field some how.

This Yearby stuff is hysterical. You're kidding about the draft, right? I mean surely you are?

Grad transfer is a possibility at some point, but Walton isn't pushing anyone out....at least not to my eyes. Neither is Gus after just one game.

Last edited:
This Yearby stuff is hysterical. You're kidding about the draft, right? I mean surely you are?

Grad transfer is a possibility, but Walton isn't pushing anyone out....at least not to my eyes. Neither is Gus after just one game.

Kids have egos man. I'm not saying yearby is Upset but Do you think in his mind should he be getting less than 10 carries on average a game after having a 1000yard season? Plus he has a family to feed. Doesn't matter where he is selected it's all about getting the second contract in the nfl. Same thing with Gus. A crowded backfield can be a good and bad thing at the same time

I know he was injured this year. But it seems like if he were that good of an athlete, they would have been able to get him on the field some how.

He tore his acl in fall practice

Advertisement
Back