Thomas Brown on the future of Miami Hurricanes’ offense

yearby wont get drafted probably but there has been talk since he got here he would leave early.
Could we please stop talking about gray? seriously, i mean u guys talk about this kid like hears Jabril Peppers.

Advertisement
Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

I know he was injured this year. But it seems like if he were that good of an athlete, they would have been able to get him on the field some how.

He tore his acl in fall practice

Yeah, I got that...

Honestly, what's the deal with Gray? He was supposed to be the best athlete here in the past decade. Can he not learn the playbook?

Not a true RB. He's exactly what you said... an athlete. RB isn't the easiest position to play, especially in a prostyle offense where you're asked to pass block.

But if that were it, wouldn't at least one of the last 2 staffs have found a way to get him the ball? Thin as we are in other spots, it seems like there's got to be more to it than not being a natural RB.

What do you want this staff to do throw him out there on crutches just to get him carries?

I don't care what they do with him at this point, I'm saying that before he got hurt he wasn't seeing the field. He's either not the hot **** athlete everybody thought or he's f'n up in some way, otherwise they'd have found a way to get him the ball when he was healthy.

Exactly. I get he is hurt this year...I already acknowledged that. But in 2 years he's barely seen the field. If he was that great of an athlete why hasn't he been on the field more often...at any position? That's all I'm asking.

But if that were it, wouldn't at least one of the last 2 staffs have found a way to get him the ball? Thin as we are in other spots, it seems like there's got to be more to it than not being a natural RB.

What do you want this staff to do throw him out there on crutches just to get him carries?

I don't care what they do with him at this point, I'm saying that before he got hurt he wasn't seeing the field. He's either not the hot **** athlete everybody thought or he's f'n up in some way, otherwise they'd have found a way to get him the ball when he was healthy.

Exactly. I get he is hurt this year...I already acknowledged that. But in 2 years he's barely seen the field. If he was that great of an athlete why hasn't he been on the field more often...at any position? That's all I'm asking.

He was hurt before the season we have no idea what this staff was going to do with him. He's probably too big to play WR and the transition to defense may or may not be an option. I think it'd be easier to play defense for him in this scheme than the last but I guess we'll find out when he's healthy

It's hard to envision a scenario where Gus and Yearby are both at UM next year. Pretty much counting on Gray being gone.

As stupid as it sounds, I don't see it being too farfetched for Yearby to enter the draft. He'll be behind Walton next year anyway. His draft stock isn't going to get any higher, the only way it can go is down due to getting beat out by Homer, Edwards, McFarland, or whatever or a serious injury. He's got a 1000 yard season on his resume, 2 other solid seasons and more than 2000 yards on his career. Solid pass catcher, pass blocker (except 1 play this year he let Kaaya get blown up).

Add in the fact that he has 2 kids. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could have a role on an NFL team. 3rd down scat back with wiggle and pass catching ability. Just being on a roster is over 500k... Might be the smart move for him tbh.

Agree with all of that, Even if Gus transferred i think Yearby still bolts.
I don't know what Yearby is working on in school, but getting a degree from UM would help him provide a lot better than some tackling dummy practice squad role in professional football. This is one guy I hope stays for a higher goal than football.

I don't know if he is tough enough, but Gus would be a more realistic type to leave early.

Advertisement
It's hard to envision a scenario where Gus and Yearby are both at UM next year. Pretty much counting on Gray being gone.

As stupid as it sounds, I don't see it being too farfetched for Yearby to enter the draft. He'll be behind Walton next year anyway. His draft stock isn't going to get any higher, the only way it can go is down due to getting beat out by Homer, Edwards, McFarland, or whatever or a serious injury. He's got a 1000 yard season on his resume, 2 other solid seasons and more than 2000 yards on his career. Solid pass catcher, pass blocker (except 1 play this year he let Kaaya get blown up).

Add in the fact that he has 2 kids. He'll never be an NFL starter but he could have a role on an NFL team. 3rd down scat back with wiggle and pass catching ability. Just being on a roster is over 500k... Might be the smart move for him tbh.

Agree with all of that, Even if Gus transferred i think Yearby still bolts.
I don't know what Yearby is working on in school, but getting a degree from UM would help him provide a lot better than some tackling dummy practice squad role in professional football. This is one guy I hope stays for a higher goal than football.

I don't know if he is tough enough, but Gus would be a more realistic type to leave early.

I'm pretty sure UM implemented some type of program that allows Athletes to come back and finish their degree. Per the UM website he's studying "sports administration" which is pretty much a default degree. Gus doesn't have the resume in HS or College to get nearly as many NFL eyes as yearby imo.

Advertisement
Back