This *****!

We sound like idiots of every fan base with the made up opening the playbook excuse...

I'm not sure what you mean vern. No part of that is made up. At best we have been playing with 25% of our offensive play book. Slightly more on defense. You know the game well so I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying. But richt & Diaz haven't wanted to put out any film for teams to prepare for. We haven't even been using lineups (mainly on special teams that we plan to use for the meat of our schedule)nothing imaginary about that.Every one thinks brad has been so basic this year & so far that's what the game has called for. Get ready cause he's gonna start airing it out.

I've been watching Richt's offenses since FSU days. We've seen nothing yet.

Haven't even caught a glimpse of what's to come

Advertisement
We sound like idiots of every fan base with the made up opening the playbook excuse...

I'm not sure what you mean vern. No part of that is made up. At best we have been playing with 25% of our offensive play book. Slightly more on defense. You know the game well so I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying. But richt & Diaz haven't wanted to put out any film for teams to prepare for. We haven't even been using lineups (mainly on special teams that we plan to use for the meat of our schedule)nothing imaginary about that.Every one thinks brad has been so basic this year & so far that's what the game has called for. Get ready cause he's gonna start airing it out.

Brook we might be running only 30% of our offense but no team runs 100% of their offense coaches pick maybe 50% of the playbook and then only run a portion of those during the game.... I remember mike leach was at Texas tech said one time he has over 50 pass plays and he brings 10 in mind to a game and sometimes runs maybe 5 or 6 .. I mean maybe he was blowing smoke uo our asses but I just think nobody ever runs 100% of their offensive playbook

I see what you mean now. But in all honesty that's semantics. You're right,no one will ever run 100 percent of their playbook because a playbook has lots of gimmicks & situational plays in it as well. Most coaches will come into a game with usually about 25 -30 plays between passing & running. Out of those they will choose 6 to 7 of each that he feels his team executes best based upon the situation. With that in mind I can tell you we've probably ran only about 8 different plays so far this entire season with variables to the original call. Another words twists in the formations. By saying opening up the playback book it doesn't mean you'll see it all it means you'll see a lot. New wrinkles

There's no real pre-snap movement like in his FSU days. I haven't seen 21 package in the shotgun yet either. There's more twist and formational movement to throw the D. This has been line up and play so players can master the tempo and Rhythm, which Brad has yet to fully do.

Well...if we are going to stack the box (I totally understand why we would do it)
We are going to find out something about out CB's. Not sure I trust them one on one with the fsu WR's.

Bump & run. Jam the **** out of them while you blitz an unproven qb. I like those odds. Dalvin on screens is what worries me or Kermit on screens

sounds good... But they have two experienced WR that are not scrubs.
We shall see. Hope our guys are up to the challenge.

Brook we might be running only 30% of our offense but no team runs 100% of their offense coaches pick maybe 50% of the playbook and then only run a portion of those during the game.... I remember mike leach was at Texas tech said one time he has over 50 pass plays and he brings 10 in mind to a game and sometimes runs maybe 5 or 6 .. I mean maybe he was blowing smoke uo our asses but I just think nobody ever runs 100% of their offensive playbook

I see what you mean now. But in all honesty that's semantics. You're right,no one will ever run 100 percent of their playbook because a playbook has lots of gimmicks & situational plays in it as well. Most coaches will come into a game with usually about 25 -30 plays between passing & running. Out of those they will choose 6 to 7 of each that he feels his team executes best based upon the situation. With that in mind I can tell you we've probably ran only about 8 different plays so far this entire season with variables to the original call. Another words twists in the formations. By saying opening up the playback book it doesn't mean you'll see it all it means you'll see a lot. New wrinkles

There's no real pre-snap movement like in his FSU days. I haven't seen 21 package in the shotgun yet either. There's more twist and formational movement to throw the D. This has been line up and play so players can master the tempo and Rhythm, which Brad has yet to fully do.

Brad's main problem doesn't come from tempo. It comes from communication & clock management. There's more wrinkles to this offense now in my opinion. One of our main packages will come out of Max protect. He really loves the match up problems we give with Herndon & njoku. Besides formations the main difference comes from trusting in brad for pre snap reads. I think with how things seem to be clearing up so well you'll see some more freedom this week & next week Carolina will get the dogs loose on them. Honestly we don't seem to worried about the semenholes (which worries me) next week will be the game of the year for us.

Well...if we are going to stack the box (I totally understand why we would do it)
We are going to find out something about out CB's. Not sure I trust them one on one with the fsu WR's.

Bump & run. Jam the **** out of them while you blitz an unproven qb. I like those odds. Dalvin on screens is what worries me or Kermit on screens

sounds good... But they have two experienced WR that are not scrubs.
We shall see. Hope our guys are up to the challenge.

Corn will be on Travis & Adrian got kermit & Bobo. They're prepared for them.

Advertisement

Brad's main problem doesn't come from tempo. It comes from communication & clock management. There's more wrinkles to this offense now in my opinion. One of our main packages will come out of Max protect. He really loves the match up problems we give with Herndon & njoku. Besides formations the main difference comes from trusting in brad for pre snap reads. I think with how things seem to be clearing up so well you'll see some more freedom this week & next week Carolina will get the dogs loose on them. Honestly we don't seem to worried about the semenholes (which worries me) next week will be the game of the year for us.

This opening up the playbook stuff was nonsense from the start. The offense is what we thought it was - disjointed, limited and doesn't leverage our talent. At this rate we'll open the playbook by 2019.

I tried to tell brooklyndee it was BS

What are you talking about vern?I told yall we were gonna be vanilla & that's exactly what we got. If he did get a Lil more versatile maybe we don't give that game away. Once brad through the pick in the end zone we ran 7 different plays over & over for the remainder of the game... if that's what you think the offense is only capable of thenew there's no point in this discussion. Honestly I need a break from this board. This **** hurt my soul out playing them the whole game then yet again losing the way we did. Having to listen to these ******s talk **** after the game... I can't deal with watching our fan base go into meltdown right now too. We need to finally have these kids back. For once it wasn't a lack of effort or heart you we lost. It was play calling & execution.

What are you talking about vern?I told yall we were gonna be vanilla & that's exactly what we got. If he did get a Lil more versatile maybe we don't give that game away. Once brad through the pick in the end zone we ran 7 different plays over & over for the remainder of the game... if that's what you think the offense is only capable of thenew there's no point in this discussion. Honestly I need a break from this board. This **** hurt my soul out playing them the whole game then yet again losing the way we did. Having to listen to these ******s talk **** after the game... I can't deal with watching our fan base go into meltdown right now too. We need to finally have these kids back. For once it wasn't a lack of effort or heart you we lost. It was play calling & execution.

Amen. This one stung, buts lots of ball left. The kids and coaches need to step up. OL needs to develop an attitude.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

I hear you mane i couldnt even sleep right last night...Richt disappointed me mane

I hear you mane i couldnt even sleep right last night...Richt disappointed me mane

It's disappointed me.but I knew it was coming. He's looking at the long term for brad & making sure he doesn't get bad habits. He's trying to pack 4 years of coaching into a few short months. Well be fine. But for now we all gotta rally together & show that we support our Canes. This ain't the golden regime anymore. This team won't quit. We just gotta learn from each opportunity we are gave. To me this season is very much like our 99 season. We're gonna take our lumps now but trust it's gonna make us that much stronger. Look at the positives! That defense played amazing last night. Is there room for improvement yes. But overall it's nothing they can't learn & improve from.

It's disappointed me.but I knew it was coming. He's looking at the long term for brad & making sure he doesn't get bad habits. He's trying to pack 4 years of coaching into a few short months. Well be fine. But for now we all gotta rally together & show that we support our Canes. This ain't the golden regime anymore. This team won't quit. We just gotta learn from each opportunity we are gave. To me this season is very much like our 99 season. We're gonna take our lumps now but trust it's gonna make us that much stronger. Look at the positives! That defense played amazing last night. Is there room for improvement yes. But overall it's nothing they can't learn & improve from.

I'm with you on a bunch of stuff, but not that first line. Things were really, really off on play selection. Kaaya hurried himself a number of times and Richt avoided the middle of the field. We threw out almost every formation, clear out and screen play I expected that hadn't previously been shown. It was just all over the place. 2TE and FB on first down, run, then panic and go back to 4WR trips... on the next play. What did he do to protect Kaaya from bad habits? One of the worst habits is to overreact to any pass rush, especially in the middle. Richt could have helped that out with more and better stuff between the hashes. Even stuff going to Herndon was outside the hashes. Tough one.

Sad Sunday, man.

Yea your making an excuse for Richt & Kayaa.. and the defense did give up 150 yards running to Cook and greater then 50% 3rd down conversion rate. They played good not great

Advertisement
Yea your making an excuse for Richt & Kayaa.. and the defense did give up 150 yards running to Cook and greater then 50% 3rd down conversion rate. They played good not great

Their 3rd down conversion rate was good, but slightly misleading. Lots of manageable 3rd and 1s. Great to hold the ball, but they weren't putting incredible pressure on our defense or converting 3rd and 7 pluses with any kind of consistency. They played very well (not perfectly) given the context. We still have soft spots in front of our Safeties and UNC will likely take advantage of stuff FSU could not.

Our defense was on the field the entire game because our offense couldn't sustain long drives. Total yardage was roughly the same at halftime but, they ended up having the ball for ten more minutes. Eventually, that disadvantage in time of possession is going to kill your defense.

As much time as the defense was left stranded on the field by constant short possessions on offense I'll call that a great game. Cook got **** near half those yards on 1 carry. All things considering I'll take that effort. Should've run more stunts on the dline. That's the only change I would've made because we were relying on the line for pressure & there was plenty of times we just didn't get in the backfield. Far as Kaaya goes after the first half we relied on a lot of quick dumps. Definitely agree we completely abandoned the middle of the field once ahmon got hurt. Tried to work it with Braxton but he simply was getting manhandled. I think we should've used the tight ends a lot more especially on the boundaries because they were stacking two in the box often to take away the draws & tight end play. Too often the line didn't allow Kaaya to sit in the pocket. I think his previous reads were horrible. He just didn't seem mentally to be in the game after that pick.

Advertisement

As much time as the defense was left stranded on the field by constant short possessions on offense I'll call that a great game. Cook got **** near half those yards on 1 carry. All things considering I'll take that effort. Should've run more stunts on the dline. That's the only change I would've made because we were relying on the line for pressure & there was plenty of times we just didn't get in the backfield. Far as Kaaya goes after the first half we relied on a lot of quick dumps. Definitely agree we completely abandoned the middle of the field once ahmon got hurt. Tried to work it with Braxton but he simply was getting manhandled. I think we should've used the tight ends a lot more especially on the boundaries because they were stacking two in the box often to take away the draws & tight end play. Too often the line didn't allow Kaaya to sit in the pocket. I think his previous reads were horrible. He just didn't seem mentally to be in the game after that pick.

Wait Ahmon Richards got hurt??

Wait Ahmon Richards got hurt??

Come again???

Please elaborate if you can, I didn't know Richards was hurt.

Advertisement
Back