This *****!

Advertisement
We sound like idiots of every fan base with the made up opening the playbook excuse...

I said the same **** always looking for an out. It is what it is u see what u see and thats it. Ni99@s be putting all types of excuses to validate a reason for someone struggling or wuteva. They just want to be right...we finna runthe same o as the last game with few wrinkles.

We sound like idiots of every fan base with the made up opening the playbook excuse...

I'm not sure what you mean vern. No part of that is made up. At best we have been playing with 25% of our offensive play book. Slightly more on defense. You know the game well so I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying. But richt & Diaz haven't wanted to put out any film for teams to prepare for. We haven't even been using lineups (mainly on special teams that we plan to use for the meat of our schedule)nothing imaginary about that.Every one thinks brad has been so basic this year & so far that's what the game has called for. Get ready cause he's gonna start airing it out.

if we are in man all day long I'm worried about francois beating us with his feet.

He's got two spies on him. That's one of the purposes in stacking the box. Besides that most qbs when they have pressure on them scrambling is very different from sitting back & lining up blockers. Well be ok

Advertisement
Just doesn't make sense. Weather conditions were fine Monday-Wednesday. If Richt isn't "opening" up the playbook I'm not buying it is because of the weather. This is very disturbing in more ways than one if any of this is true.

Last edited:
isn't Brooklyndee a former player?

I know he called the Grace and Muhammed suspensions / potentically getting kicked off the team weeks before it happened

Someone tell me why Rick can't call all the plays and needs to dummy down the playbook because it rained a few days before the game.

You can't explain the inexplicable.

Sounds like either some pre-game setting up of excuses or sandbagging.

Franchise come on man. I'll spell it out even simpler for everyone. It's 100% my fault I forgot linguistics is everyone on here's cup of tea.#1 he has to dummy down the playbook because of several factors. #1 he couldn't predict what mother nature would do over the course of this week. No clue of the severity of the weather at all. However he still needed to be able to practice this week under the game plan that he would be putting in place. That's how the general works. We can't just show up the day of the game & free style it from there. You practice the entire week for Saturday with a basic blue print. With that in mind there has been heavy wind out there all week. Sortve limits how we can air the ball out. If weather passes I'm sure he'll be less conservative just not all out. Far as defense goes. Well be playing man the entire game. No nickel. Stacking the box against dalvin & calling heavy blitz packages to throw off francois. Hopefully that's transparent enough for the jive meters to comprehend. Certainly no excuses. Common sense would be they will have the same limitations we have as well. Yall people r priceless but it was pretty funny.

You know I have nothing but good feelings about you. But I've been down here, and, aside from Thursday after 2:00 pm there hasn't been any wind or much rain at all.

They should have been pretty much unimpeded at practice all week. If not, Rick said they could have worked around the Fins and got time at their bubble in Davie. On top of all that, everyone has known that the forecast for Saturday is clear.

I understand the idea of making contingency plans for weather. I'm not so sure it was necessary to go into bare bones conservative mode for this though.

On greentree the weather hasn't been too great. Windy & spotty showers all week. Bubble was shot because plans had to be covered safety wise for the boys worst case the storm arrived. Furthermore we were ordered to evacuate & been at the team hotel since Wednesday. Options are very limited in those regards. Sometimes you just gotta trust in the powers that be. If we all know we have the right people at the top than you simply gotta trust in them.

Was any of the open week dedicated to the rest of the playbook/formations or did GT get the focus?

Advertisement
Well...if we are going to stack the box (I totally understand why we would do it)
We are going to find out something about out CB's. Not sure I trust them one on one with the fsu WR's.

I'm not sure what you mean vern. No part of that is made up. At best we have been playing with 25% of our offensive play book. Slightly more on defense. You know the game well so I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying. But richt & Diaz haven't wanted to put out any film for teams to prepare for. We haven't even been using lineups (mainly on special teams that we plan to use for the meat of our schedule)nothing imaginary about that.Every one thinks brad has been so basic this year & so far that's what the game has called for. Get ready cause he's gonna start airing it out.

Brook we might be running only 30% of our offense but no team runs 100% of their offense coaches pick maybe 50% of the playbook and then only run a portion of those during the game.... I remember mike leach was at Texas tech said one time he has over 50 pass plays and he brings 10 in mind to a game and sometimes runs maybe 5 or 6 .. I mean maybe he was blowing smoke uo our asses but I just think nobody ever runs 100% of their offensive playbook

Brook we might be running only 30% of our offense but no team runs 100% of their offense coaches pick maybe 50% of the playbook and then only run a portion of those during the game.... I remember mike leach was at Texas tech said one time he has over 50 pass plays and he brings 10 in mind to a game and sometimes runs maybe 5 or 6 .. I mean maybe he was blowing smoke uo our asses but I just think nobody ever runs 100% of their offensive playbook

I see what you mean now. But in all honesty that's semantics. You're right,no one will ever run 100 percent of their playbook because a playbook has lots of gimmicks & situational plays in it as well. Most coaches will come into a game with usually about 25 -30 plays between passing & running. Out of those they will choose 6 to 7 of each that he feels his team executes best based upon the situation. With that in mind I can tell you we've probably ran only about 8 different plays so far this entire season with variables to the original call. Another words twists in the formations. By saying opening up the playback book it doesn't mean you'll see it all it means you'll see a lot. New wrinkles

Advertisement
Well...if we are going to stack the box (I totally understand why we would do it)
We are going to find out something about out CB's. Not sure I trust them one on one with the fsu WR's.

Bump & run. Jam the **** out of them while you blitz an unproven qb. I like those odds. Dalvin on screens is what worries me or Kermit on screens

I see what you mean now. But in all honesty that's semantics. You're right,no one will ever run 100 percent of their playbook because a playbook has lots of gimmicks & situational plays in it as well. Most coaches will come into a game with usually about 25 -30 plays between passing & running. Out of those they will choose 6 to 7 of each that he feels his team executes best based upon the situation. With that in mind I can tell you we've probably ran only about 8 different plays so far this entire season with variables to the original call. Another words twists in the formations. By saying opening up the playback book it doesn't mean you'll see it all it means you'll see a lot. New wrinkles

Some people should be banned from using voice to txt

Advertisement

Whatever is being said, the reality is they have not run all of their best plays or even close. There'd be no reason to run it successfully in practice and not in games unless you're holding it. And, I'm not sure if they've really shown that much more on D. There are 3 different blitz packages I saw in a practice that I'm yet to see. Would be absolutely shocked if we don't see it tomorrow.

Someone tell me why Rick can't call all the plays and needs to dummy down the playbook because it rained a few days before the game.

You can't explain the inexplicable.

Sounds like either some pre-game setting up of excuses or sandbagging.

Franchise come on man. I'll spell it out even simpler for everyone. It's 100% my fault I forgot linguistics is everyone on here's cup of tea.#1 he has to dummy down the playbook because of several factors. #1 he couldn't predict what mother nature would do over the course of this week. No clue of the severity of the weather at all. However he still needed to be able to practice this week under the game plan that he would be putting in place. That's how the general works. We can't just show up the day of the game & free style it from there. You practice the entire week for Saturday with a basic blue print. With that in mind there has been heavy wind out there all week. Sortve limits how we can air the ball out. If weather passes I'm sure he'll be less conservative just not all out. Far as defense goes. Well be playing man the entire game. No nickel. Stacking the box against dalvin & calling heavy blitz packages to throw off francois. Hopefully that's transparent enough for the jive meters to comprehend. Certainly no excuses. Common sense would be they will have the same limitations we have as well. Yall people r priceless but it was pretty funny.

This isn't rocket-science. We saw the same plan last week. Truth is if we can run the football effectively we don't need to get extra cute. But routes are routes and I don't buy not calling something because brad didn't practice the throw. You can walk through in the wellness, Hect, or hotel ballroom..

That, plus the offense has already been installed. We may not take it all into a game each week but it's there.

I've been watching Richt's offenses since FSU days. We've seen nothing yet.

Advertisement
Back