This whole Homer false narrative

CalCane

Redshirt Freshman
What is the agenda with people saying Homer can't pass block? The season is over because he can't pass block? First of all, even if it was a weak link of his wouldn't you rather have a guy who can actually run the ball instead of a glorified pass blocker who plods into his blockers? Couple things on noticed on him. He runs ****ed. His legs are explosive. Without him running like a beast on that last drive he doesn't break those tackles and we don't get in position. That's all will. Second, his pass blocking was fine. FSU was attacking the ends and I noticed Walton struggling at times to catch up to the weakside as well. Third, Homer isn't afraid to get dirty. Go back and watch him on special teams. He is like a missile coming down field. Where people come up with these ideas is beyond me.

Advertisement
What is the agenda with people saying Homer can't pass block? The season is over because he can't pass block? First of all, even if it was a weak link of his wouldn't you rather have a guy who can actually run the ball instead of a glorified pass blocker who plods into his blockers? Couple things on noticed on him. He runs ****ed. His legs are explosive. Without him running like a beast on that last drive he doesn't break those tackles and we don't get in position. That's all will. Second, his pass blocking was fine. FSU was attacking the ends and I noticed Walton struggling at times to catch up to the weakside as well. Third, Homer isn't afraid to get dirty. Go back and watch him on special teams. He is like a missile coming down field. Where people come up with these ideas is beyond me.

He was good to go on the last series. Just a question of picking up the right guy. That's experience. Walton was terrific, but Homer should be fine.

Because people need a reason to justify that an injured, unproductive Walton was playing over a healthy, productive Homer.

I hate that Walton got hurt. It's a terrible, and unfair way for him to go out. Despite my criticisms of Walton, he always gave 100% and didn't deserve this.

But there has been a narrative since Spring practice to find ways to create a gap between Walton & Homer as a means of making Walton look better. The pass blocking argument is really a reach.

Because people need a reason to justify that an injured, unproductive Walton was playing over a healthy, productive Homer.

I hate that Walton got hurt. It's a terrible, and unfair way for him to go out. Despite my criticisms of Walton, he always gave 100% and didn't deserve this.

But there has been a narrative since Spring practice to find ways to create a gap between Walton & Homer as a means of making Walton look better. The pass blocking argument is really a reach.

Go watch that fsu game and watch how walton picked up blitzes.

Advertisement
Georgia features Chubb and _____ as Thunder and Lightning...Nothing wrong with two backs, keeps them fresh and improves their chances for being healthy going forward.

He looked fine in pass protection against FSU, but as Pentagon said, it is an experience thing and Walton was terrific.

There is another consistant false narrative on these boards - that mentioning an area of concern or an attribute of an injured/former player means that you are knocking the current guy, and that simply isn't the case. Saying losing Walton, the best RB in the ACC, is not banging on Homer at all. It is saying we would rather the 1-2 punch.

He looked fine in pass protection against FSU, but as Pentagon said, it is an experience thing and Walton was terrific.

There is another consistant false narrative on these boards - that mentioning an area of concern or an attribute of an injured/former player means that you are knocking the current guy, and that simply isn't the case. Saying losing Walton, the best RB in the ACC, is not banging on Homer at all. It is saying we would rather the 1-2 punch.

You said it. Walton is a certified beast. He’s got all the skills and is a freak that doesn’t come around often. I’m just talking about hammering a guy and making sh&t up for no reason. This wasn’t about Walton. Sucks *** to lose him.

Advertisement
Because people know he sucked at it as a true Fr, and they can't let go of that. Majority of tr fr rb's suck at it.

He's obviously improved

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

But there was a glaring difference in Walton's running vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Not sure if it's a myth or not, but it demonstrates, similar to Akers, that there is more to playing the position than toting the rock

Advertisement
Ppl want an open vertical passing attack well a big part of that is the RB knowing which guy to pick up. I know
Homer will be a beast with the ball in his hands. It’s when it’s not in his hands that he has to show up.

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.[/QUOTE]

False

Travis Homer - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
https://247sports.com/player/travis-homer-78164

Last edited:
Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;EjfOTymu4os]https://youtu.be/EjfOTymu4os[/video]

Go to @ 3:12, the fans didn't make it up, it came directly from the Coaches mouth back in the Spring.

Does that mean it hasn't improved since then, no, not at all, in fact it has drastically.

But there are several interviews dating back months ago in which both Coach Brown & Richt have noted that Homer needed to improve his pass blocking.

I still believe he'll be just fine at it, nothing to worry about. I'm only dispelling the idea that the fans made it up.

Last edited:

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.[/QUOTE]

False

Truth. He was a good back. He was no where near elite. Dude is a good player but no need to start with this over hyping shît.

False

Truth. He was a good back. He was no where near elite. Dude is a good player but no need to start with this over hyping shît.

top 200 player on espn recruiting site and top 300 player on 247 top 10 back in the country consensus 4 star back just like Mark Walton.. but ok let's just let him perform in the starting role then we will reach the verdict

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;EjfOTymu4os]https://youtu.be/EjfOTymu4os[/video]

Go to @ 3:12, the fans didn't make it up, it came directly from the Coaches mouth back in the Spring.

Does that mean it hasn't improved sense then, no, not at all, in fact it has drastically.

But there are several interviews dating back months ago in which both Coach Brown & Richt have noted that Homer needed to improve his pass blocking.

I still believe he'll be just fine at it, nothing to worry about. I'm only dispelling the idea that the fans made it up.

But do you think there's been a noticeable difference in Walton's pass blocking vs Homers this season?

If so, why hasn't it been mentioned until now?

Advertisement
Back