This whole Homer false narrative

Go watch that fsu game and watch how walton picked up blitzes.

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

But there was a glaring difference in Walton's running vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.

Right - Walton was injured, and therefore has been ineffective the last 2 games.

Walton had 29-76 yds the last 2 games. Homer was 6-72 yds.

I'm not calling Homer elite - but I am saying he's been more effective than Walton the last 2 games, and the decision by Richt to keep riding Walton vs. giving Homer more carries was a poor decision.

And the justification for that poor decision is made by inflating Walton's pass blocking.
Walton had 130yds from scrimmage vs Duke.

He was only ineffective vs FSU.

In all fairness, most of it was receiving. There's no denying that the last two games our running attack was less than desired.

Advertisement
***** I'LL MAN UP AND SAY I SAID BUT I SAID IT BECAUSE THE COACHES SAID IT SO UNLESS YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE COACHES WHO WATCH HIM PRACTICE EVERYDAY MEH...........

BTW YOU'RE RIGHT HE DID PASS BLOCK WELL THIS LAST GAME PICKED UP THE BLITZ CORRECTLY A FEW TIMES EVEN THOUGH FSU DISGUISED IT WELL.

If you replay the last Miami td drive and focus on Homer you will see him (when he isn't handed the ball) pretty much just standing there, indecisive and not effectively blocking any of the defenders. No comparison with Walton on pass protection. Heck of a runner though.

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

But there was a glaring difference in Walton's running vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.

Right - Walton was injured, and therefore has been ineffective the last 2 games.

I'm not calling Homer elite - but I am saying he's been more effective than Walton the last 2 games, and the decision by Richt to keep riding Walton vs. giving Homer more carries was a poor decision.

And the justification for that poor decision is made by inflating Walton's pass blocking.

In all fairness, most of it was receiving. There's no denying that the last two games our running attack was less than desired.
So receiving yards don't matter?

Alright then, duly noted.

So receiving yards don't matter?

Alright then, duly noted.

Come on... obviously they do matter. But the main gist of this thread has been the impact on the running game. If Walton was healthy, this is a no brainer. But once he got hurt, the running game was affected more than his receiving and blocking.

Now we have to see if Homer can carry the load. It's "next man up" time.

Advertisement
What do y’all think about Homer playing special teams now? He’s one of our best kick cover guys, but I think I’d rather have him just focus on playing RB and not risk injury on special teams.

What is the agenda with people saying Homer can't pass block? The season is over because he can't pass block? First of all, even if it was a weak link of his wouldn't you rather have a guy who can actually run the ball instead of a glorified pass blocker who plods into his blockers? Couple things on noticed on him. He runs ****ed. His legs are explosive. Without him running like a beast on that last drive he doesn't break those tackles and we don't get in position. That's all will. Second, his pass blocking was fine. FSU was attacking the ends and I noticed Walton struggling at times to catch up to the weakside as well. Third, Homer isn't afraid to get dirty. Go back and watch him on special teams. He is like a missile coming down field. Where people come up with these ideas is beyond me.

Because biatches ******, whiners whine, and pu$$ies aint happy unless they feel that they are about to be Fuchked

Advertisement
Back