This whole Homer false narrative

I am loving the effect being #2 has had on both Homer and Rosier. They were on the outside looking in and are HUNGRY. I expect Homer shut the doubters UP. Next season Perry and Sheriffs are duking it out for #2 . Let's see how that depth works out for us all.

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;EjfOTymu4os]https://youtu.be/EjfOTymu4os[/video]

Go to @ 3:12, the fans didn't make it up, it came directly from the Coaches mouth back in the Spring.

Does that mean it hasn't improved sense then, no, not at all, in fact it has drastically.

But there are several interviews dating back months ago in which both Coach Brown & Richt have noted that Homer needed to improve his pass blocking.

I still believe he'll be just fine at it, nothing to worry about. I'm only dispelling the idea that the fans made it up.

But do you think there's been a noticeable difference in Walton's pass blocking vs Homers this season?

If so, why hasn't it been mentioned until now?
The Coaches obviously did.

Go to @ 3:12, the fans didn't make it up, it came directly from the Coaches mouth back in the Spring.

Does that mean it hasn't improved sense then, no, not at all, in fact it has drastically.

But there are several interviews dating back months ago in which both Coach Brown & Richt have noted that Homer needed to improve his pass blocking.

I still believe he'll be just fine at it, nothing to worry about. I'm only dispelling the idea that the fans made it up.

But do you think there's been a noticeable difference in Walton's pass blocking vs Homers this season?

Homer hasnt had to do it much because walton has been there.

Bottom line homer produced on a series that was arguably our most important series in the last decade when we needed him the most. I’m confident in homer. There are was to help out the pass protection. You can go more split back and line homer and Herndon in the backfield. You can run or pass the ball out of this formation with herndon blocking or running routes

Trust and believe that Homer will be ready. He reminds me of the players that just get better with game-experience and, particularly, being in the heat of the game. He's shown some good stuff and his blocking in the FSU game and Duke game were serviceable.

Advertisement
Because people need a reason to justify that an injured, unproductive Walton was playing over a healthy, productive Homer.

I hate that Walton got hurt. It's a terrible, and unfair way for him to go out. Despite my criticisms of Walton, he always gave 100% and didn't deserve this.

But there has been a narrative since Spring practice to find ways to create a gap between Walton & Homer as a means of making Walton look better. The pass blocking argument is really a reach.

Go watch that fsu game and watch how walton picked up blitzes.

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

But there was a glaring difference in Walton's running vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.

Right - Walton was injured, and therefore has been ineffective the last 2 games.

Walton had 29-76 yds the last 2 games. Homer was 6-72 yds.

I'm not calling Homer elite - but I am saying he's been more effective than Walton the last 2 games, and the decision by Richt to keep riding Walton vs. giving Homer more carries was a poor decision.

And the justification for that poor decision is made by inflating Walton's pass blocking.

Because people need a reason to justify that an injured, unproductive Walton was playing over a healthy, productive Homer.

I hate that Walton got hurt. It's a terrible, and unfair way for him to go out. Despite my criticisms of Walton, he always gave 100% and didn't deserve this.

But there has been a narrative since Spring practice to find ways to create a gap between Walton & Homer as a means of making Walton look better. The pass blocking argument is really a reach.

Go watch that fsu game and watch how walton picked up blitzes.

I'm not saying Walton wasn't great in pass protection. But there isn't a glaring difference in Walton's pass protection vs. Homer.

But there was a glaring difference in Walton's running vs. Homer.

So the justification for Walton's poor rushing performance and Richt's poor decision to keep playing him over Homer becomes to overstate Walton's value in pass protection.

Fück is you talking about? Walton was injured thats why he couldnt run. If homer was better than walton then richt would have started him. Homer is a solid back but dont act like he is elite all of a sudden. He wasn't even elite in high school.

Right - Walton was injured, and therefore has been ineffective the last 2 games.

Walton had 29-76 yds the last 2 games. Homer was 6-72 yds.

I'm not calling Homer elite - but I am saying he's been more effective than Walton the last 2 games, and the decision by Richt to keep riding Walton vs. giving Homer more carries was a poor decision.

And the justification for that poor decision is made by inflating Walton's pass blocking.

Walton has been hurt Man. Homer is overall faster than walton but walton is the more complete back. Homer is a talented player as well and one of the best athletes we have had at running back in a long time

I'm just excited to have a physical runner again. Can't remember the last time we had that.

The thing with Homer you gotta realize is that Brown and Richt seemed like they never really cared for him all that much. He's not their guy. But he made it **** near impossible for them not to play him, and now he has a chance to show out as the main guy. This could be his Rosier moment.

Advertisement
He looked fine in pass protection against FSU, but as Pentagon said, it is an experience thing and Walton was terrific.

There is another consistant false narrative on these boards - that mentioning an area of concern or an attribute of an injured/former player means that you are knocking the current guy, and that simply isn't the case. Saying losing Walton, the best RB in the ACC, is not banging on Homer at all. It is saying we would rather the 1-2 punch.

You said it. Walton is a certified beast. He’s got all the skills and is a freak that doesn’t come around often. I’m just talking about hammering a guy and making sh&t up for no reason. This wasn’t about Walton. Sucks *** to lose him.

Agreed.

Honestly I am much more concerned about who replaces Homer on special teams. He has been the best Special Teams defender since Matt Bosher.

The kid is a stud, no question. But he has come into a lot games this year when it's late in the game and other teams are fatigued, while he's fresh. That has certainly played a role in him looking all world.

We will start to see what he's made of now that Walton is out. I love the fact that he doesn't dance around in the backfield. He sees a hole and he explodes through it.

The thing with Homer you gotta realize is that Brown and Richt seemed like they never really cared for him all that much. He's not their guy. But he made it **** near impossible for them not to play him, and now he has a chance to show out as the main guy. This could be his Rosier moment.
I don’t know about that, they very much so prioritized him during recruiting season when they first got here.

What is the agenda with people saying Homer can't pass block? The season is over because he can't pass block? First of all, even if it was a weak link of his wouldn't you rather have a guy who can actually run the ball instead of a glorified pass blocker who plods into his blockers? Couple things on noticed on him. He runs ****ed. His legs are explosive. Without him running like a beast on that last drive he doesn't break those tackles and we don't get in position. That's all will. Second, his pass blocking was fine. FSU was attacking the ends and I noticed Walton struggling at times to catch up to the weakside as well. Third, Homer isn't afraid to get dirty. Go back and watch him on special teams. He is like a missile coming down field. Where people come up with these ideas is beyond me.

I don't think the knock on him in pass pro is physical. It is more recognition of the defenses and blocking assignment. This is more conjecture because some of us were wondering why a seriously hobbled Walton was still playing? I am sure he will be fine though.

Advertisement
I don’t know about that, they very much so prioritized him during recruiting season when they first got here.

They did the same with Allison. They really didn't have much of a choice or any other viable options. And he had a pretty solid recruitment all the way through, much like Joe Jack.

But from Brown calling him a weird dude, to the constant nitpicking of his game, I always got the feeling they didn't care for him much. It's like they're genuinely surprised when he balls out (see Richt's comments after the BCC game this season).

Homer hasnt had to do it much because walton has been there.

Sure Homer hasn't done it as much, but he's been in there plenty where you'd see it if he were bad. So have you noticed that?

The Coaches obviously did.

But have you noticed it?

The coaches also gave an injured Walton almost all the carries vs. almost none to Homer. Did they make the right decision there?

Advertisement
We have no one left on our schedule (maybe VT) that is a huge threat to get after the QB. VT has an average DL anyway, they're just strong in the secondary

We have no one left on our schedule (maybe VT) that is a huge threat to get after the QB. VT has an average DL anyway, they're just strong in the secondary

I think we need to focus more on the turnstiles continuing to improve.

Advertisement
Back