This mike leach guy

You are judging a man who is going up against James Coley and Mark D'Onofrio??? By this standard, Mike London should replace Belichick.

No, based on his career.

His career????? You mean when he took over a 5-3 Big 12 team and left them ten years later as a 5-3 Big 12 team?

Hi there...
Leach's record at TT...

2000 Texas Tech 13 7 6 0 .538 4.81 1.65 Gallery Furniture Bowl-L
2001 Texas Tech 12 7 5 0 .583 8.56 2.81 Alamo Bowl-L
2002 Texas Tech 14 9 5 0 .643 9.53 5.60 24 Tangerine Bowl II-W
2003 Texas Tech 13 8 5 0 .615 7.50 2.73 Houston Bowl-W
2004 Texas Tech 12 8 4 0 .667 12.88 6.22 18 18 Holiday Bowl-W
2005 Texas Tech 12 9 3 0 .750 11.40 0.32 21 10 20 Cotton Bowl-L
2006 Texas Tech 13 8 5 0 .615 4.20 0.43 25 24 Insight Bowl-W
2007 Texas Tech 13 9 4 0 .692 8.28 -0.80 22 22 Gator Bowl-W
2008 Texas Tech 13 11 2 0 .846 15.46 3.00 12 2 12 Cotton Bowl-L
2009 Texas Tech 12 8 4 0 .667 10.79 0.86 21 21 Alamo Bowl-W

HTH...

Oh, trust me, I don't need help ripping apart Mike Leach's tenure at Texas Tech.

(1) Stop playing teams from other power conferences
(2) Put up 70 points on Northwestern State
(3) Go 4-4 or 5-3 in the conference
(4) Occasionally beat a ranked team and hope everyone forgets that you also lost to an unranked team

That is Mike Leach's strategy for winning over the marginal football fan.

Thank you, Adam James.
Or is this Craig?

Advertisement
Thank you, Adam James.
Or is this Craig?

Are you one of those guys who is scared to death to go against someone who has their facts ready to pounce on you, so you immediately take some lame personal shot?

Congrats on going into full puzzy mode by your fourth post.

Thank you, Adam James.
Or is this Craig?

Are you one of those guys who is scared to death to go against someone who has their facts ready to pounce on you, so you immediately take some lame personal shot?

Fact - 10 bowl games in 10 years.
Fact - Top 10 in the country for 10 years in a row in graduation percentage among D1 schools.
Fact - No sanctions by the NCAA during his tenure at TT.

Name another coach that has done that. In particular, 10 bowl games in a row while keeping academics at a premium?

Thank you, Adam James.
Or is this Craig?

Fact - Top 10 in the country for 10 years in a row in graduation percentage among D1 schools.

Name another coach that has done that. In particular, 10 bowl games in a row while keeping academics at a premium?

Frank Beamer.

Next.

Advertisement
Thank you, Adam James.
Or is this Craig?

Frank Beamer.

Next.

That's ONE. Leach is pretty good company.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knowing what I know now, I would have taken Leach over Golden 5 years ago, everyday and twice on Sunday. Politics kept Leach from getting the Miami job back then...nothing more than that.

Would I take Leach over Richt now? That's a big "fvck no". And I'm a fan of The Pirate.

Agreed. Richt is a homerun. The Leach hatred around here is absurd, however. He has done well with 2 crap programs. At TT, he scared the chit out of Oklahoma, Texas, & Nebraska every year, with inferior players. People who hate him prefer "3 yards and a cloud of dust." FVCK them and their fearful mentality.

Knowing what I know now, I would have taken Leach over Golden 5 years ago, everyday and twice on Sunday. Politics kept Leach from getting the Miami job back then...nothing more than that.

Would I take Leach over Richt now? That's a big "fvck no". And I'm a fan of The Pirate.

Agreed. Richt is a homerun. The Leach hatred around here is absurd, however. He has done well with 2 crap programs. At TT, he scared the chit out of Oklahoma, Texas, & Nebraska every year, with inferior players. People who hate him prefer "3 yards and a cloud of dust." FVCK them and their fearful mentality.

People who hate him prefer winning championships, playing defense, and not having a one-dimensional offense that falls apart three times per year.

People who hate him prefer winning championships, playing defense, and not having a one-dimensional offense that falls apart three times per year.

Dumb comment, as usual.

Advertisement

Dumb comment, as usual.
Not a dumb comment. Leach is a pesky. Innovative, smart coach but he can only go so far....Miami is a championship or bust program...and since Leach cant win a championship...guess what...

Dumb comment, as usual.

In other words, you have no way to refute it, so you come back with insults. Par for the course.

Dumb comment, as usual.
Not a dumb comment. Leach is a pesky. Innovative, smart coach but he can only go so far....Miami is a championship or bust program...and since Leach cant win a championship...guess what...

He can only go so far with WSU and TT talent. Give him real talent and look out. How do you know Leach can't win a championship. People like you, but older, we're saying the same thing of Erickson, then he got real talent and won 2.

Dumb comment, as usual.

In other words, you have no way to refute it, so you come back with insults. Par for the course.

Step away from the keyboard and live for awhile. I don't have time to sit here and school you again.

Advertisement
Back