This mike leach guy

Advertisement
What exactly about their performance against the worst Miami staff in history is screaming "hire Mike Leach".

His team sucks.

I doubt it's the worst in the history of the program. We had teams that couldn't come close to 8 wins
Check our history. Those staffs were probably worse.

Advertisement
Would have fit in well as Miami's head coach.

ARE YOU FREAKING FOR REAL.......,..............

Well considering he beat us with a 2 Star Walk on QB
Where as we had 4 Star

That should tell you something.

Their rushing averaged 3.5 yards / carry ours 3.9

Take away that 60 yard rush by Barrios and we would have had 54 rushing yards. 54 yards on 28 carries or 1.9 yards per carry.

The only thing that allowed us to get back in the game was the weather. That was it. That was a team of 2/3 stars and walkons that basically kicked our *** until a blizzard started so their QB couldn't throw.

The dude can coach. Don't get me wrong I know ours can't coach, but still we had way way way more talent then they did. The difference was Leach gets crappy players to play hard, and we have great players who don't give a ****. That's what a good coach does. He gets the team to play above their level.

What do you think that guy would do with a loaded team like ours. He would destroy people. His two star walk-on QB was getting talked about for the Heisman...as a RS Soph man...and you are thinking this guy couldn't produce with South Florida talent. Wake up man.

Where as we had 4 Star

Take away that 60 yard rush by Barrios and we would have had 54 rushing yards. 54 yards on 28 carries or 1.9 yards per carry.

The only thing that allowed us to get back in the game was the weather. That was it. That was a team of 2/3 stars and walkons that basically kicked our *** until a blizzard started so their QB couldn't throw.

The dude can coach. Don't get me wrong I know ours can't coach, but still we had way way way more talent then they did. The difference was Leach gets crappy players to play hard, and we have great players who don't give a ****. That's what a good coach does. He gets the team to play above their level.

What do you think that guy would do with a loaded team like ours. He would destroy people. His two star walk-on QB was getting talked about for the Heisman...as a RS Soph man...and you are thinking this guy couldn't produce with South Florida talent. Wake up man.

He beat a staff THAT WE FIRED. I'm not sure what is so difficult to comprehend. He didn't beat the 2003 Miami Hurricanes. He beat a group of Hurricanes that was so bad that we gave up the season in order to get rid of the guy in charge.

And PLEASE stop with the whole thing about "imagine what he would do with our talent". I'll tell you what he would do. He would go 9-3 and lose two games to horrible teams, and the third loss would be by 40 points. His passing game would fail to show up three times a year, just like it has for his entire tenure at both schools.

His two star QB puts up numbers because all they do is throw. If Saban had Coker throw 60 times per game, Coker would have great numbers. But Saban wants to win, so he develops a running game and a defense.

Leach is perfect for the little program in the middle of nowhere that wants to surprise a few teams each year. Big programs want no part of his act. Why do you think no one else has tried it?

Where as we had 4 Star

Portland State.

Advertisement
By the way, how funny is it that people are making weather excuses for Mike Leach after the sht we gave Golden for trying to save himself by doing the same **** thing.

we just hired mark ******* richt and we have people propping up mike leach for beating us by 6 points. we have some of the dumbest ******* fans on the planet. leach's play calling is what kept us in the game.

As bad as we have looked today, we are within one score of Mike Leach.

His team is fundamentally sound, even on defense. I don't care what the score is -- he's taking a bunch of 2* guys and kicking the Canes' butts. If Leach had Miami talent, he'd kill it.

A lot of teams have been doing that. ****, Tubberville did the same thing earlier. You Leach guys need to get out of here. Seriously...

Advertisement

Where as we had 4 Star

Portland State.

I like how [MENTION=6183]Kevin[/MENTION]****Face brings up 9-3 Portland State.

Advertisement

Where as we had 4 Star

Portland State.

I like how [MENTION=6183]Kevin[/MENTION]****Face brings up 9-3 Portland State.

Yeah 9-3 Division II Portland State.

As bad as we have looked today, we are within one score of Mike Leach.

His team is fundamentally sound, even on defense. I don't care what the score is -- he's taking a bunch of 2* guys and kicking the Canes' butts. If Leach had Miami talent, he'd kill it.

You are judging a man who is going up against James Coley and Mark D'Onofrio??? By this standard, Mike London should replace Belichick.

No, based on his career.

His career????? You mean when he took over a 5-3 Big 12 team and left them ten years later as a 5-3 Big 12 team?

Hi there...
Leach's record at TT...

2000 Texas Tech 7 6 0 Gallery Furniture Bowl-L
2001 Texas Tech 7 5 0 Alamo Bowl-L
2002 Texas Tech 9 5 0 Tangerine Bowl II-W
2003 Texas Tech 8 5 0 Houston Bowl-W
2004 Texas Tech 8 4 0 Holiday Bowl-W
2005 Texas Tech 9 3 0 Cotton Bowl-L
2006 Texas Tech 8 5 0 Insight Bowl-W
2007 Texas Tech 9 4 0 Gator Bowl-W
2008 Texas Tech 11 2 0 Cotton Bowl-L
2009 Texas Tech 8 4 0 Alamo Bowl-W

10 years, 10 straight bowl games.
Btw, never had any sanctions imposed by the NCAA at TT. Runs a clean program that puts academics at the forefront.

HTH...

Last edited:

You are judging a man who is going up against James Coley and Mark D'Onofrio??? By this standard, Mike London should replace Belichick.

No, based on his career.

His career????? You mean when he took over a 5-3 Big 12 team and left them ten years later as a 5-3 Big 12 team?

Hi there...
Leach's record at TT...

2000 Texas Tech 13 7 6 0 .538 4.81 1.65 Gallery Furniture Bowl-L
2001 Texas Tech 12 7 5 0 .583 8.56 2.81 Alamo Bowl-L
2002 Texas Tech 14 9 5 0 .643 9.53 5.60 24 Tangerine Bowl II-W
2003 Texas Tech 13 8 5 0 .615 7.50 2.73 Houston Bowl-W
2004 Texas Tech 12 8 4 0 .667 12.88 6.22 18 18 Holiday Bowl-W
2005 Texas Tech 12 9 3 0 .750 11.40 0.32 21 10 20 Cotton Bowl-L
2006 Texas Tech 13 8 5 0 .615 4.20 0.43 25 24 Insight Bowl-W
2007 Texas Tech 13 9 4 0 .692 8.28 -0.80 22 22 Gator Bowl-W
2008 Texas Tech 13 11 2 0 .846 15.46 3.00 12 2 12 Cotton Bowl-L
2009 Texas Tech 12 8 4 0 .667 10.79 0.86 21 21 Alamo Bowl-W

HTH...

Oh, trust me, I don't need help ripping apart Mike Leach's tenure at Texas Tech.

(1) Stop playing teams from other power conferences
(2) Put up 70 points on Northwestern State
(3) Go 4-4 or 5-3 in the conference
(4) Occasionally beat a ranked team and hope everyone forgets that you also lost to an unranked team

That is Mike Leach's strategy for winning over the marginal football fan.

Knowing what I know now, I would have taken Leach over Golden 5 years ago, everyday and twice on Sunday. Politics kept Leach from getting the Miami job back then...nothing more than that.

Would I take Leach over Richt now? That's a big "fvck no". And I'm a fan of The Pirate.

Advertisement
Back