This may be overly optimistic, but I believe that we are...

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
...a QB away from being in the mix in 2017. I watched a lot of CFB this year and bowl season and I think we have one of the top front 7s in the country, some premier playmakers on offense, and a great DC. If we get good QB play and improvements on the OL, I think we can make a run at this thing in 2017.

Advertisement
...a QB away from being in the mix in 2017. I watched a lot of CFB this year and bowl season and I think we have one of the top front 7s in the country, some premier playmakers on offense, and a great DC. If we get good QB play and improvements on the OL, I think we can make a run at this thing in 2017.

Sort of agree. I think we also have question marks at WR and DB pending what we land in this recruiting class. Although, if we address our holes, along with a weak schedule, we could make some serious noise barring good qb play.

I tend to agree with this, but I think we need some secondary help as well.

Bama's 2ndary got torched when it mattered

Their front 7 makes them look great, when in reality, they're garbage

Our nasty front 7 with Jaquan, Redwine, Bandy, Malek, Deejay, Amari, etc. is more than enough to hold teams, just need a QB with some stones that can deliver in close games

need a consistent oline. QB can't throw while on his back...well, he could but it would just go straight up in the air.

Advertisement

Our nasty front 7 with Jaquan, Redwine, Bandy, Malek, Deejay, Amari, etc. is more than enough to hold teams, just need a QB with some stones that can deliver in close games

not sold on Redwine yet, hope he proves me wrong.

Yes Bama's Secondary fell for the same pick play at the goal line twice...if that's a legal play...can we implement it?

Oh **** here we go with the expectations. One QB away? We just had the best QB in UM history and he got us 9-4 with this OL. We will have possibly a fresh QB next year 0 experience and hopefully a revamped OL. Yes, the schedule does look easy on paper but those teams will be greatly improved and will for sure bring their A game against us. I think we reach about the same success in 2017 and make a run in 2018 & 2019 before the freshman class leaves. But we are on the clock for sure because we won't be keeping these studs on defense for 4 years!!!

Oh **** here we go with the expectations. One QB away? We just had the best QB in UM history and he got us 9-4 with this OL. We will have possibly a fresh QB next year 0 experience and hopefully a revamped OL. Yes, the schedule does look easy on paper but those teams will be greatly improved and will for sure bring their A game against us. I think we reach about the same success in 2017 and make a run in 2018 & 2019 before the freshman class leaves. But we are on the clock for sure because we won't be keeping these studs on defense for 4 years!!!

I don't agree that Kayaa was the best QB in our history...he threw for the most yards...but I'd put several greats in front of him. He's probably the 5th or 6th best QB in our history.

What we learned from the championship game last night:

1. Clemsons defense was ranked 12th in points allowed. Miami is #13 . Our defense is good enough to get into a BCS bowl

2. Both teams have outstanding offensive lines. If we'd played either team, Kaaya gets sacked at least 13 times

3. A mobile qb is great, but a qb still has to have passing ability. Hurts can run... and that's about it

4. The team with fewer 5 star players won. In fact, FSU has twice as many five stars as Clemson.
Inside the Florida State-Clemson showdown: Recruiting

5. Recruiting a stud qb is hard, I think we have three excellent options on the roster (thanks Richt!) We have the defense, better TEs, our own Williams in Ammon Richards, and a stud crop of incoming running backs. We are a good OL away from being elite.

6. Almost forgot - luck helps. I think our WRs get flagged 9 out of 10 times if we run that pick play, and Bama is celebrating another national title. Nice to have friendly refs (which we will never ever have, so we can't let a game be close near the end)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we'll finally win the Coastal this year, but I don't think we can win the ACC yet.

I think our future is riding on the 2018 class... IF we somehow pull off landing a top 5 class for #Storm18 I think that puts us in position to make a serious run at the conference.

We got some great players in the 2016 class, I really like this 2017 class & I think we'll finish with a good class, then if we hit the grand slam for 2018, that's 3 classes with great players, which is basically what it takes to build up to compete for titles.

1. Clemsons defense was ranked 12th in points allowed. Miami is #13 . Our defense is good enough to get into a BCS bowl

2. Both teams have outstanding offensive lines. If we'd played either team, Kaaya gets sacked at least 13 times

3. A mobile qb is great, but a qb still has to have passing ability. Hurts can run... and that's about it

4. The team with fewer 5 star players won. In fact, FSU has twice as many five stars as Clemson.

5. Recruiting a stud qb is hard, I think we have three excellent options on the roster (thanks Richt!) We have the defense, better TEs, our own Williams in Ammon Richards, and a stud crop of incoming running backs. We are a good OL away from being elite.

Yes, all this talk about a dual threat qb, and the best QB's look to pass first, and run second. We need that.

Advertisement

Sort of agree. I think we also have question marks at WR and DB pending what we land in this recruiting class. Although, if we address our holes, along with a weak schedule, we could make some serious noise barring good qb play.

Issues with WR are depth. Richards, Cager, Mullins, and Berrios should be a solid group.

not sold on Redwine yet, hope he proves me wrong.

Yes Bama's Secondary fell for the same pick play at the goal line twice...if that's a legal play...can we implement it?

We get called on that play every time we try to run it for an illegal pick, while Clemson gets commended for running a good rub route.

Just like we get called for targeting, while Alabama gets called for "sending a message early on". Could you imagine if Shaq had given the West Virginia QB a Undertaker style forearm from **** on the first drive of our bowl game?

Best quarterback in school history LOL thanks for the laugh. I don't think we're that far off if the ball rolls our way a few times next year. This offseason will be huge and developing depth

Advertisement

Yes, all this talk about a dual threat qb, and the best QB's look to pass first, and run second. We need that.

Dual threat means threat to pass and then run. No one is arguing that we should get a running QB that can't throw. That's why we all like Perry, because he looks like Watson or Mariota on tape (and I'm not saying he will be that good, but that's what he looked like in high school).

6. Almost forgot - luck helps. I think our WRs get flagged 9 out of 10 times if we run that pick play, and Bama is celebrating another national title. Nice to have friendly refs (which we will never ever have, so we can't let a game be close near the end)

Crazy thing about Clemson is they aren't disciplined in the DB area. They lead the nation in Holding/PI calls. They said that last night. Imagine if they were more disciplined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy thing about Clemson is they aren't disciplined in the DB area. They lead the nation in Holding/PI calls. They said that last night. Imagine if they were more disciplined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the dbs are getting flagged for being overly aggressive that's OK IMO. The Bama PI at the end was a smart play, guy got beat, would have been a TD, but pushed the wr down. Ball gets placed at 2 yard line with 6 seconds left. The stud DL (which we have) means a pass play is only real option, and Clemson scored on an illegal pick play (which is fine because F Bama). If refs call that pick, then the defensive PI on the previous play actually seals the Bama win.

I don't agree that Kayaa was the best QB in our history...he threw for the most yards...but I'd put several greats in front of him. He's probably the 5th or 6th best QB in our history.

That is just it, these predictions about next year are based on a paper schedule and the fanbase forgets that you actually have to play these games. Realistically, Miami could not have won that NC game last night. Our defense is good but those guys on both teams were on another level and we are not there yet. We are close but not there yet. We need some shutdown CBs not one but three. We need Diaz to become more creative with his bitz schemes do cause disruption like Bama did against Clemson to get to Watson. We need Richt to be a more creative play caller and more aggressive in his attack. We are not on that level yet.

Advertisement
Back