THIS is what a Miami team should look like

Advertisement
Advertisement
ebf6463e0995531540dedd545a9c82e6.jpg
If there was ever an autographed picture I'd like to have, it would be this one. Devastating group.

Advertisement
If there was ever an autographed picture I'd like to have, it would be this one. Devastating group.
My buddies mother in law worked in the financial office for The Oilers when Barrow was there, he has the picture of him smoking Vanover autographed to him

My buddies mother in law worked in the financial office for The Oilers when Barrow was there, he has the picture of him smoking Vanover autographed to him
Cool story: He kept asking for her to get it signed for him and she kept telling him that it was unprofessional for her to ask him, she gave it to him after she had it blown up and framed for a wedding present

I used to live near Douglas and Coral Way. The house we rented there did not have a washer/dryer, so we used to go to RedBird (?) plaza, there used to be a laundromat owned by a really nice Cuban couple there. I used to date a chick in Redlands, we’d hangout in my VW Combi at night, with the sunroof open, watch the weed plumes escape, We went the same places for concerts. Cool times, man!
How about that homie, though I'm a little older but we may have crossed paths. In the sixties my parents and I would eat breakfast at Allen's Drugs there at Red/Bird. Do you remember Pizza Palace (87/Bird) in the 60's, and Pizza Patio (96/Bird) where I was a regular for a late night meal. Did you ever go to the Ludway Bar Coral W./67 or to the country bar on Bird/79 across from Tropical Park, I think the name was Bilmar?? How about Don Carters Bowling lanes at Kendale Lakes.

Advertisement
How about that homie, though I'm a little older but we may have crossed paths. In the sixties my parents and I would eat breakfast at Allen's Drugs there at Red/Bird. Do you remember Pizza Palace (87/Bird) in the 60's, and Pizza Patio (96/Bird) where I was a regular for a late night meal. Did you ever go to the Ludway Bar Coral W./67 or to the country bar on Bird/79 across from Tropical Park, I think the name was Bilmar?? How about Don Carters Bowling lanes at Kendale Lakes.
Bilmar I recall going to, but I was so smashed, I don’t recall too many details. Carters, yeah, a couple of times. Allen’s, yes, quite a few times, but I preferred Florida Pharmacy on the corner of Main and McFarland. I had a couple of friends back from Vietnam ((I met them after the fact) and we all hung out with bandanas and green fatigues (I was the pretender). I’m a year younger than you.

wasnt Ludway in the SW corner of the intersection?

Advertisement
Bilmar I recall going to, but I was so smashed, I don’t recall too many details. Carters, yeah, a couple of times. Allen’s, yes, quite a few times, but I preferred Florida Pharmacy on the corner of Main and McFarland. I had a couple of friends back from Vietnam ((I met them after the fact) and we all hung out with bandanas and green fatigues (I was the pretender). I’m a year younger than you.

wasnt Ludway in the SW corner of the intersection?
I signed up for the draft in 72 but wasn't called. Ludway was on the NW side of Coral Way/67th but not on the corner... they were famous for their little burgers. Also just north of there was the Pine Tree Bar, used to hang out there a lot playing pool.

I signed up for the draft in 72 but wasn't called. Ludway was on the NW side of Coral Way/67th but not on the corner... they were famous for their little burgers. Also just north of there was the Pine Tree Bar, used to hang out there a lot playing pool.
Great times at a great age! So glad I experienced that decade +/-. I moved into the area in ‘69, home schooled. I spent a ton of my weekends at Fairchild Tropical Garden and vicinity on Old Cutler Road. A bunch of my friends hung an effigy from a tree at the circle Sunset/Old Cultler, made the Miami Herald News early 70s!

Advertisement
Back