THIS is what a Miami team should look like

peace.jpg

But you can’t so move on and stop living in the tie die shirt era.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We all looked like this in Coconut Grove - a different world then.
We all looked like this in Coconut Grove - a different world then.
I used to hang out at Peacock Park from 69 to 71. I wish I would have taken a good camera cause i would have some priceless pictures of Hippies and a shiitload of VW micobuses. Some of those microbuses were dope stores on wheels.

Advertisement
I used to hang out at Peacock Park from 69 to 71. I wish I would have taken a good camera cause i would have some priceless pictures of Hippies and a shiitload of VW micobuses. Some of those microbuses were dope stores on wheels.
Used to hang out at Tom Thumb (a breakfast - Lunch hangout) then across from Lums 1972 - 1976. Also on Main Hwy, The Joint Discount Boutique, Affinity and all those places. There used to be an old arcade near Florida Pharmacy with little stores in there, The Hobbit Hole, Floating Fantasy (music) and Gods Place - a pastor ran it, making leather belts, bags, etc. I Ching used to be above Affinity, which later was a Pizza place. Good memories!

Advertisement
Used to hang out at Tom Thumb (a breakfast - Lunch hangout) then across from Lums 1972 - 1976. Also on Main Hwy, The Joint Discount Boutique, Affinity and all those places. There used to be an old arcade near Florida Pharmacy with little stores in there, The Hobbit Hole, Floating Fantasy (music) and Gods Place - a pastor ran it, making leather belts, bags, etc. I Ching used to be above Affinity, which later was a Pizza place. Good memories!
I grew up around Red Rd. and Coral Way. My Lums was on 8th St., we’d go there to get a basket of fried clams. We would go to Shenley Park on Red Rd. to burn some joints and throw the frisbee... I taught myself to throw the frisbee with the forehand(flick) method and to this day I can out-through just about everyone.
Used to buy our hippie stuff at a head shop called Twelve Coats West off of Miracle Mile and Ponce, but I think they closed up in 73. Used to go to the Miami Marine Stadium and the Hollywood Sportatorium for concerts. I could go on...

But you can’t so move on and stop living in the tie die shirt era.
I've moved on from that time.what you fail to realize is the way of doing anything the right way never changes.can't shortcut it either.

Advertisement
I grew up around Red Rd. and Coral Way. My Lums was on 8th St., we’d go there to get a basket of fried clams. We would go to Shenley Park on Red Rd. to burn some joints and throw the frisbee... I taught myself to throw the frisbee with the forehand(flick) method and to this day I can out-through just about everyone.
Used to buy our hippie stuff at a head shop called Twelve Coats West off of Miracle Mile and Ponce, but I think they closed up in 73. Used to go to the Miami Marine Stadium and the Hollywood Sportatorium for concerts. I could go on...
I used to live near Douglas and Coral Way. The house we rented there did not have a washer/dryer, so we used to go to RedBird (?) plaza, there used to be a laundromat owned by a really nice Cuban couple there. I used to date a chick in Redlands, we’d hangout in my VW Combi at night, with the sunroof open, watch the weed plumes escape, We went the same places for concerts. Cool times, man!

Advertisement
Back