This is the game I decide if I am riding with Stephen Morris

Advertisement
6 yards per pass attempt is a joke, gotta push it downfield more often

Unacceptable that we have such a pathetic downfield passing game. I don't want to hear that we lack speed, nonsense. I'm losing faith in Fisch, no downhill running game and no downfield passing game. Our offense is short passes and Duke.

Many of his completions are unimpressive, except on paper.

SO many posessions go like this: Completions where the reciever comes back to make a catch for one yard and down immediately to set up 2-9, obvious run with the box stacked and
James/Johnson gets 3 yards, and its third and long.

Also, he has thrown way to many passes on third down short of the chains. That is a killer. Other QBs, not very good ones mind you, rape us on third and 10, 3rd and 20, almost every time, by throwing the ball beyond the chains.

If all our opponents had Morris for QB, IMO, we would be talking about how great our D was. I'd LOVE to see opponents focus on one yard passes, bootlegs where the QB doesn't run or throw but just kinda waits for the D to mob him, and overthrows recievers downfield by 20 yards.

He is the opponents best defense against James and Johnson.

6 yards per pass attempt is a joke, gotta push it downfield more often

I don't know how anyone can defend what Fisch is doing. We're last by a comfortable margin in yards per attempt in the ACC, at 5.9. That's a half yard lower than Maryland, which is second last. The 5.9 places Miami 108th in the nation among 124.

The ridiculous aspect is we are completing 63.9% while compiling that marvelous 5.9 YPA. NONE of the teams below us in YPA nationally have a completion percentage that high. Only Tulane is comparable, at 63.6% and 5.5 YPA. At this point we're best likened to Tulane.

Most of those six yard passes were one yard throws. I would love to see us actually throw the ball 6 yards past the LOS :)

Advertisement
Agree with OP.

On a side note, I've never seen a QB look less natural and comfortable the more games he plays. A couple of years ago when he was forced into the fire and nothing was expected of him Morris play okay and actually made some Ad-Lib plays. Now he's just a robot back there.

Kyle Wright and Jacory Harris would like to have a cage fight against each other just so the winner can have a word with you.

I fear for you guys on that bandwagon. First time I see a LB blitz the B gap and have a DL drop back into coverage, I'm gonna hold on to my butt. If Morris can't toss the ball into a bucket (between defenders) this game, I think it's going to get ugly.

G'luck, everyone. I'm rooting for you. I'm still suffering the effects of driving the Jacory bandwagon completely off the cliff. Cot**** 2009 FSU game.

Agree with OP.

On a side note, I've never seen a QB look less natural and comfortable the more games he plays. A couple of years ago when he was forced into the fire and nothing was expected of him Morris play okay and actually made some Ad-Lib plays. Now he's just a robot back there.

Kyle Wright and Jacory Harris would like to have a cage fight against each other just so the winner can have a word with you.

Kyle Wright wins this hands down. Poor guy. He was shellshocked.

Advertisement
This is the most important game in the Stephen Morris era. I have heard for months now about how good he looks in practice, the command he has of the offense, and about his offseason maturation and leadership. I know he has played well in the first 2 games of the season. The BCC game meant nothing. Her struggled. It happens.

But this is the game he needs to rise up and not have a good game...but a great game. An unstoppable game. The defense is in shambles. GT is known to put a lot of points on the board. This is the 4th game of his junior year with numerous starts under his belt. It is an ACC Coastal game on the road against a solid defense.

However constrained he might be by Fisch's offense at times...he needs to hit hard when he has the opportunity to go vertical. He needs to make things happen with his feet when the pocket collapses. He must have ice in his veins when it is third and long.

This is the game where I decide if I am riding with Stephen Morris or if I am taking a sledge hammer to the wheel of DMoney's bandwagon.

This is Morris' 8th? start.. yes it may be his junior season, but let's not pretend this is a seasoned vet. He's playing about where I expected.. he certainly needs to improve.. but he's only thrown one "his fault" pick.. and that's not too bad considering. I think he'll get better and gain confidence as the season goes on... but the receivers have to help him out too.

By 8 games you generally know whether or not a QB is good or bad. Brock Berlin is a rare exception.

I say give him 10 (GT and NC State) before deciding if Williams deserves a real shot.

Morris simply cannot throw a fade route (or any pass with touch), and it makes the redzone an impossible barrier for us on the pass. Kid is also making an offensive line that is the strength of our team look bad on pass protection, due to his inability to use the pocket to his advantage. O-Line is killing it on running plays, but looks a little less than mediocre on passing downs. What does that say?

This is the most important game in the Stephen Morris era. I have heard for months now about how good he looks in practice, the command he has of the offense, and about his offseason maturation and leadership. I know he has played well in the first 2 games of the season. The BCC game meant nothing. Her struggled. It happens.

But this is the game he needs to rise up and not have a good game...but a great game. An unstoppable game. The defense is in shambles. GT is known to put a lot of points on the board. This is the 4th game of his junior year with numerous starts under his belt. It is an ACC Coastal game on the road against a solid defense.

However constrained he might be by Fisch's offense at times...he needs to hit hard when he has the opportunity to go vertical. He needs to make things happen with his feet when the pocket collapses. He must have ice in his veins when it is third and long.

This is the game where I decide if I am riding with Stephen Morris or if I am taking a sledge hammer to the wheel of DMoney's bandwagon.

This is Morris' 8th? start.. yes it may be his junior season, but let's not pretend this is a seasoned vet. He's playing about where I expected.. he certainly needs to improve.. but he's only thrown one "his fault" pick.. and that's not too bad considering. I think he'll get better and gain confidence as the season goes on... but the receivers have to help him out too.

By 8 games you generally know whether or not a QB is good or bad. Brock Berlin is a rare exception.

I say give him 10 (GT and NC State) before deciding if Williams deserves a real shot.

Morris simply cannot throw a fade route (or any pass with touch), and it makes the redzone an impossible barrier for us on the pass. Kid is also making an offensive line that is the strength of our team look bad on pass protection, due to his inability to use the pocket to his advantage. O-Line is killing it on running plays, but looks a little less than mediocre on passing downs. What does that say?

I will say this, morris does hold the ball too long on occasion.. but against KSU.. there was dudes inn the backfield very quickly.. and that I can't blame on morris.

Hey, the Stephen Morris hate-train is already full. Ya'll are stuck on that ******* bandwagon until it drives itself off the **** cliff.

Probably need to pump the breaks on that bandwagon. Not an All-ACC performance, but he played **** good yesterday.

He made my ******** pucker up a few times throwing into tight spaces but he got the job done.

Some really really really bad throws that luckily just went incomplete, but he stepped the **** up when we needed him.

And another thing I love about Morris is he always seems to have the next throw or series on his mind, not the last one. Seems to be a natural leader too.

Advertisement
He made my ******** pucker up a few times throwing into tight spaces but he got the job done.

Some really really really bad throws that luckily just went incomplete, but he stepped the **** up when we needed him.

And another thing I love about Morris is he always seems to have the next throw or series on his mind, not the last one. Seems to be a natural leader too.

Yeah. He is just having some mechanical issues with his throws right now. He is dipping his shoulder on the quick throws and that is why they are going into the dirt. He has to work on keeping his shoulders parallel.

Advertisement
Back