This is the game I decide if I am riding with Stephen Morris

Hurns is his boy. They seem to be really comfortable with eachother out there (admittedly not much sample size) so having him back should be huge for a struggling QB.

Advertisement
GT may not punt much, but they have put the ball on the carpet 8 times this year and thrown one pick. If our CBs can cover the pitch and cover the big play down the field, we will win if Morris plays well.

Morris Grades;
BC-B
KSU-C
BCC-D

Don't like the trend.

typical of that O to turn the ball over but it usually only happens when the Dline and LBs get into the backfield and disrupt the play. We'll miss the lateral speed and instinct of Spence this yr big time. Unfortunately Eddie Johnson is still too green, I'll never forget him standing n the 1 watching Klein run by him into the endzone.

Yeah, well, this is the game I decide whether I'm riding with Coach D. Steven's numbers have been respectable. The yards we've given up on D thus far this season, not so much.

Yeah, well, this is the game I decide whether I'm riding with Coach D. Steven's numbers have been respectable. The yards we've given up on D thus far this season, not so much.

I've been thinking this as well. I'm sure nobody is more ****ed that D'Onofrio is right now. GT's offense looks weird but it's pretty straightforward. A good coach will get these young guys in the right spots. We might get out-horsed in the end but this game will go a long long way for me as far as the coach goes.

Advertisement
I thought he played pretty good the first 2 games. Guys were dropping a ton of passes, but he was accurate.

Last game was sh*t.

Gotta love mofos asking for Williams after Morris' performance against Bethune. Bunch of guys who have never even seen Williams play.

Great thread. Haven't really thought about the game like this...but it is his biggest game for some of those reasons mentioned. Road game, legit D, the O is gonna have to step up for the depleted D...& we go 2-0 in ACC play (3-1 overall) or drop to .500

(Hate gettin' my hopes up yet again... only to be followed by an inevitable loss)

We win this game it changes the trajectory of the season. How awesome would it be to have 4-1 going to Chicago to face unbeaten Notre Dame. Gameday would be there, we would be relevant again. We'd have to win next week as well, and that won't be an easy game.

Advertisement
We win this game it changes the trajectory of the season. How awesome would it be to have 4-1 going to Chicago to face unbeaten Notre Dame. Gameday would be there, we would be relevant again. We'd have to win next week as well, and that won't be an easy game.

you just HAD to say some **** like that didn't you? **** jinx.

/i'm with you though as far as thought process. If we win this game, NCState becomes easier IMO because of our momentum, also because they run a base pro-style offense.

GT may not punt much, but they have put the ball on the carpet 8 times this year and thrown one pick. If our CBs can cover the pitch and cover the big play down the field, we will win if Morris plays well.

Morris Grades;
BC-B
KSU-C
BCC-D

Don't like the trend.

I'll give him a C+ for his 3 performances... He has played the same way in a 3 games... As for going down field, I dont think we have the speed to do that right now... Our team speed isn't what it used to be... I recall reading in the herald at the conclusion of spring that Dorsett was our fastest player running 4.46... Our players used to post faster numbers than that and you can tell on the field that we're not as fast as we used to be... So far we were able to get by some athletically challenged squads in BC and BCU but we have struggled against a decent athletic team in KSU... GT will be an interesting game for our team...

JHallCanes I absolutely agree with this statement, and truthfully that's all we can ask him to do - have them properly prepared and ready to go. I fully expect GT to hit a big play or two, that's inevitable all things considered, but I don't want us to look like we have no idea what we're doing or what GT is doing or like the wheels have come off.

I've been thinking this as well. I'm sure nobody is more ****ed that D'Onofrio is right now. GT's offense looks weird but it's pretty straightforward. A good coach will get these young guys in the right spots. We might get out-horsed in the end but this game will go a long long way for me as far as the coach goes.

Hey, the Stephen Morris hate-train is already full. Ya'll are stuck on that ******* bandwagon until it drives itself off the **** cliff.

Advertisement

Going into the ND game at 4-1 would be amazing, and probably a miracle, but not so sure it would make us relevant again. Even at 4-1 I seriously doubt we would even be ranked for that game, seeing as the only ranked team we would have played up to that point destroyed us.

Going into the ND game at 4-1 would be amazing, and probably a miracle, but not so sure it would make us relevant again. Even at 4-1 I seriously doubt we would even be ranked for that game, seeing as the only ranked team we would have played up to that point destroyed us.

If Notre Dame is unbeaten, Gameday will be there and it will be the biggest story in CFB. A win in that game pushes us into the top 15 and set's up huge games in the coming weeks. Let me dream. One game at a time, need a big upset Saturday. As a Canes fan, I think I'm entitled to a big upset once every 10 years. Last big upset was 2005 at VT. People can say OU, but with their injuries not so much.

If Notre Dame is unbeaten, Gameday will be there and it will be the biggest story in CFB. A win in that game pushes us into the top 15 and set's up huge games in the coming weeks. Let me dream. One game at a time, need a big upset Saturday. As a Canes fan, I think I'm entitled to a big upset once every 10 years. Last big upset was 2005 at VT. People can say OU, but with their injuries not so much.

the fact that you are praying for an "upset" vs. GT tells you all you need to know.

we SUCK. BAD. I was cautiously optimistic going into the season but I have seen what we have and it is a roster full of FR and upperclass JAGs. we are basically a mid major squad. there will be no miracle worked on this team over night. it is going to take at least 2 more recruiting classes to make up for the disaster from 2009-2011

Advertisement
If we enter that game at 4-1 and beat ND I agree we leap back into relevancy.

I actually wish I could still dream that such a thing is possible, but all optimism I had has long since been crushed. I fully expect to into the ND game riding a two game losing streak.

If we enter that game at 4-1 and beat ND I agree we leap back into relevancy.

I actually wish I could still dream that such a thing is possible, but all optimism I had has long since been crushed. I fully expect to into the ND game riding a two game losing streak.

I fully expect to get rolled by ND. as much as that pains me to say. I hate ND more than any team in the country and would be THRILLED to go 3-9 if the only other win for the rest of the year was an ND *** whooping.

This is the most important game in the Stephen Morris era. I have heard for months now about how good he looks in practice, the command he has of the offense, and about his offseason maturation and leadership. I know he has played well in the first 2 games of the season. The BCC game meant nothing. Her struggled. It happens.

But this is the game he needs to rise up and not have a good game...but a great game. An unstoppable game. The defense is in shambles. GT is known to put a lot of points on the board. This is the 4th game of his junior year with numerous starts under his belt. It is an ACC Coastal game on the road against a solid defense.

However constrained he might be by Fisch's offense at times...he needs to hit hard when he has the opportunity to go vertical. He needs to make things happen with his feet when the pocket collapses. He must have ice in his veins when it is third and long.

This is the game where I decide if I am riding with Stephen Morris or if I am taking a sledge hammer to the wheel of DMoney's bandwagon.

This is Morris' 8th? start.. yes it may be his junior season, but let's not pretend this is a seasoned vet. He's playing about where I expected.. he certainly needs to improve.. but he's only thrown one "his fault" pick.. and that's not too bad considering. I think he'll get better and gain confidence as the season goes on... but the receivers have to help him out too.

Morris Grades;
BC-B
KSU-C
BCC-D

Don't like the trend.

+1

Advertisement
Back