"this is not Mannys defense"

Advertisement
So up until last week every was saying "this isn't Mannys defense". Then last week "it was Mannys defense thats why we won, and our defense is back on track". So are we expected to believe after last weeks performance, Manny just handed the reigns back to Baker? Or was that Mannys defense that let GT put up the highest amount of points against a FBS team this year. Temple held them to 0 points offensively.
Facts

Manny’s Defense is overrated but this is NOT the same Defense we have seen the last 4 years. Stop the stupidity.

Advertisement
Some of these dudes don’t watch. They didn’t see a horrible GT team running for key first downs on basic give up plays. They didn’t see 3rd and 17 where GT ran a standard give up handoff expecting to punt and we let them run for 20. Nah. That’s great D because they didn’t score 80 points.

GT’s Offense had 2 16 play drives in the 2nd half by running the ball down our throats and executing clutch plays on 3rd and 4th down. If GT doesn’t fumble on that one drive and hold on that drive in the 4th, they score on us, and we are all losing our minds. That’s ******* terrible. Anyone who defends this Defense is a moron who can’t see beneath the surface.

the D missed on 29 tackles. It’s on them as well

Defense allowed 7 points in regulation and is not the reason we lost this game.

Terrible game management, terrible red zone playcalling, terrible ST play including terrible kicking once again are why we lost.

Advertisement
The twitter fan base, aka the millennial fans, are so clueless as to what a real Miami D looks like that they thought manny’s feast against the least, get *** raped against good teams defense was some sort of amazing system.

For anyone who thinks Manny was An elite DC, he probably ranks 7th or 8th in terms of DCs we have had since ‘83. Lubbick, Wannstache, Olividatti, Shannon, Schiano, Tubberville, and Bill Young all certainly had way better careers and single seasons than Manny has. I’d put Manny above Lovett, Walton, Dorito, and Bill Miller. When you put it in that persoective and realize that none of the coaches who were way way better than him won As HCs, you begin to see just how weak of a hire this was.
All true but for the idea that coordinator skill can mean someone will be a good HC. This is still wrong. He was a terrible hire not just because he wasn’t as good a DC as some think. He also had no experience as a HC, wasn’t a serious recruiter at all, and ought talk amd attitude would cover for work and preparation.

So up until last week every was saying "this isn't Mannys defense". Then last week "it was Mannys defense thats why we won, and our defense is back on track". So are we expected to believe after last weeks performance, Manny just handed the reigns back to Baker? Or was that Mannys defense that let GT put up the highest amount of points against a FBS team this year. Temple held them to 0 points offensively.
Wisconsin scored again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ask @OriginalGatorHater what I said about Minnie Diablo the night before the UM UF game at ACE Cafe....
I know you didn’t like the hire. There were definitely people on here like you who knew better. After UNC I told OGH in private that “we’re dead”. I didn’t want to start ripping the new staff on the board right away.

The gaytor game had sloppiness on both sides and it was an early game so I was ok waiting. They have legit talent so I could accept that as our loss for the season. After UNC, I had no excuses to rationalize it. UNC has less talent, a new staff and was coming off a worse season. Plus, nearly 1/2 of our staff was the same. There was no defense I could reasonably find if I was being honest with myself.

I actually feel like a number of people here, myself included, came around quickly. In the past we would’ve held out hope but we’re just tired of it. We know garbage when we see it and we’re done being pathetically hopeful fanbîtches.

I know you didn’t like the hire. There were definitely people on here like you who knew better. After UNC I told OGH in private that “we’re dead”. I didn’t want to start ripping the new staff on the board right away.

The gaytor game had sloppiness on both sides and it was an early game so I was ok waiting. They have legit talent so I could accept that as our loss for the season. After UNC, I had no excuses to rationalize it. UNC has less talent, a new staff and was coming off a worse season. Plus, nearly 1/2 of our staff was the same. There was no defense I could reasonably find if I was being honest with myself.

actually feel like a number of people here, myself included, came around quickly. In the past we would’ve held out hope but we’re just tired of it. We know garbage when we see it and we’re done being pathetically hopeful fanbîtches.
I wanted Gary Patterson.....Of course I wanted Butch up until 2012...but would have been elated with Patterson...He would have Shut down the Corstal....

Advertisement
Back