"this is not Mannys defense"

Just like Bichts Offense, etc. I hired this Defense.
Anyone want to buy tickets for a hockey game?

Advertisement
This seems like Manny defense alright.

When we shutdown the pass we get gashed on the ground for like 200 yards and when we shut down the run we get torched through the air and give up like 300 yards passing. People then try to convince themselves these trash *** teams played that way because we were their Super bowl.

That what is infuriating. We go into a game against a team below average at passing or running then we get completely burned.
I understand what you are saying, but I didn't see UM getting gash because of the concepts being run. Besides Shaq and Pickney guessing and missing every once and a while, the players were in position to make plays and they either missed the tackle, or LBs were to slow getting to the edge.

No. This was Baker again!

Do the dipshyt shills in this fanbase never learn? Remember going through this same exact thing a few years ago when Folden supposedly took over the D and we went on a glorious 2 game winning streak? Then we got thumped and slapped just like before.

Shanntard took over the D before that from Walton and all was going to be well. Welp it wasn’t.

Advertisement
Don’t ever remember a Manny defense play a 250lb DE at NT in a 3-4 defense or a walk on at LB. This was completely ridiculous. People wonder why we got gashed by Mason all night. I get we did this because our secondary and LBs can’t cover anyone. Still, it would’ve been better to line up with Nesta and Ford to completely shut down the run.
The lack of recruiting talent and numbers by Dumph, Panda, and Patke is really showing now on defense. Baker isn’t helping the matter.
All of these bucks still stop with Manny. He’s the head coach and was the DC. Those recruiting failures were under his evaluations and watch. He then kept all of those coaches.

We can’t stop the run and are putting Rousseau at DT? Grab Baker by his third chin and tell him Nesta and Ford or Miller are going in.

Advertisement
The defense got shredded in OT. They were getting passed and ran on all game. This is the same defense that couldn't move the ball against Temple. The defense was pathetic.
Some of these dudes don’t watch. They didn’t see a horrible GT team running for key first downs on basic give up plays. They didn’t see 3rd and 17 where GT ran a standard give up handoff expecting to punt and we let them run for 20. Nah. That’s great D because they didn’t score 80 points.

I've never seen so many missed tackles in one game before.
When GT’s 180 pound QB trucked our DT and LB on 3rd or 4th and 2 to get the 1st down, I knew our guys didn’t show up for the game. Those are the indicators that tell you if a team is actually playing for its coaches. That and all the missed tackles.

Defense allowed 7 points in regulation and is not the reason we lost this game.

Terrible game management, terrible red zone playcalling, terrible ST play including terrible kicking once again are why we lost.

Midway thru the 4th quarter we had only run 10 plays on offense in the 2nd half because our defense could not get off the field against that juggernaut Georgia tech offense

Advertisement
The defense technically only allowed 7 points in regulation.

However, I still don’t think the defense played well. Seriously, it was almost impossible to realize that we actually held GT scoreless in the 2nd half, because they kept running up and down the field but ultimately not scoring.

Plus, one of their TDs occurred after we allowed them to drive to the Miami 40.

Last edited:
Defense allowed 7 points in regulation and is not the reason we lost this game.

Terrible game management, terrible red zone playcalling, terrible ST play including terrible kicking once again are why we lost.

Could’ve sworn the score was 28-21. Besides the sack fumble in the end zone, didn’t the defense give up the other 14 in regulation and on the first drive, 7 in OT?

No shade, my man, I’m legit asking a ?. I wasn’t able to watch the full game, just the extended highlights on YouTube

Advertisement
I get ops point but this defense is different than the last three years. We play a lot of odd fronts and slant or stunt almost every play, run or pass. We weren’t doing that before.

Advertisement
Back