"this is not Mannys defense"

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wanted in around 07....JJ told Shalala when asked "G.A.R.Y. P.A.T.T.E.R.S.O.N....of course the Midget Bigfoot turns around and hires Onion....
Ok you’re going way back. Yeah, great foresight there by you. So who do you like now - Matt Campbell???

Peterson would kill it here....And even getting 2 capable Coordinators might do the trick.....Diaz as HC....Yost as OC...and a young up and coming Aggressive DC would be better than this can of sh*t....
There was a young DC I saw recently on tv, I think on a PAC team, and ho was impressive as **** but I can’t remember the school. Maybe his last name was Thomas???

There was a young DC I saw recently on tv, I think on a PAC team, and ho was impressive as **** but I can’t remember the school. Maybe his last name was Thomas???
Manny is in over his head...Its very obvious..Even his recruiting is very mediocre...Dont hate him...but CaneinOrlando doesn't need 3yrs to see where this Ship is headed...

Advertisement
no legit coach is going to come to work for manny freakin diaz guy is nobody. hes not respected at ALL in coaching, mostly bc his daddy got him his gigs and he never played the game.

the best you can hope for is hiring a QB coach or a lower level DC.....which is exactly what he did and we see how that worked out.

no legit coach is going to come to work for manny freakin diaz guy is nobody. hes not respected at ALL in coaching, mostly bc his daddy got him his gigs and he never played the game.

the best you can hope for is hiring a QB coach or a lower level DC.....which is exactly what he did and we see how that worked out.
I have always thought the reason he hired Enos and Baker is probably because no one else that was available wanted to come work for a rookie head coach at Miami.

I have always thought the reason he hired Enos and Baker is probably because no one else that was available wanted to come work for a rookie head coach at Miami.

of course and not just a rookie HC but a rookie HC that wasnt all that great at his previous job outside of a season or two. Its not like this is Brent Venables or even Will Muschamp who had serious success as a coordinator. Diaz is a nobody that is seen as a joke by everyone outside of the 305 bubble; hes a temple level coach. Elite P5 coordinators dont work for Temple level coaches, no matter how much you offer them.

of course and not just a rookie HC but a rookie HC that wasnt all that great at his previous job outside of a season or two. Its not like this is Brent Venables or even Will Muschamp who had serious success as a coordinator. Diaz is a nobody that is seen as a joke by everyone outside of the 305 bubble; hes a temple level coach. Elite P5 coordinators dont work for Temple level coaches, no matter how much you offer them.
"Elite P5 coordinators dont work for Temple level coaches, no matter how much you offer them."
exactamundo !

Advertisement
Easily i mean he was the worst coordinator that school probably has ever had. Mack was also on the decline in general, but Diaz certainly sped up his termination.
absolutely.. Diaz D gave up a school record 550 rushing yards to BYU --- A PASSING TEAM ! the next day, Diaz was packing his duffle bag and headed out of town. LOL !

Advertisement
Yup. Virginia’s Offense was ranked #110 in the nation when we faced them. Anyone bragging about that game is clueless.

Not only 110th but a weakling 110th. Virginia hits you on defense but tries to trick you on offense. That's why that defensive effort meant nothing. We caught a finesse offense at home in prime time on a short week.

Against Georgia Tech the Canes were not only overconfident but also soft and somehow didn't realize Georgia Tech could still punch you in the mouth with straight ahead football. That's the first team we faced with any semblance of a physical running game. It reminded me somewhat of the Pittsburgh game in 2017 because likewise that team could bully you on the ground. Miami entered overconfident and never woke up.

The maddening aspect of the Georgia Tech game was the defense never energized and actually steadily gave up as the game progressed. At least against Virginia Tech there was a notable uptick in defensive intensity as soon as the second half began. We were crashing the backfield and disrupting some plays.

Pittsburgh is somewhat like Virginia in that they don't hit you on offense either. Their running game is based on catching the defense off guard with draws and delays. It is open spaces and speed instead of bouncing off tacklers like Georgia Tech with Jordan Mason. But the Pittsburgh downfield passing game is more dangerous and sophisticated than Virginia, as long as Pickett's shoulder is healthy.

Zion is going to have major problems in that game. Pittsburgh is relentless off the edge. Hardly a scary opponent, though, when you consider their 4 game winning streak is accomplished by a total of 14 points. They have basically been the opposite of the Canes in close games.

We are going to be an underdog for the first time since the season opener against Florida. Power ratings have Pittsburgh roughly 2.5 to 3 points higher so the current number of Pittsburgh -5 makes sense. Pittsburgh never receives a hefty home field allotment since they play in the pro stadium away from campus.

Advertisement
Back