This is not a smart team

Advertisement
I know what the victory formation is, Jenny!

1697469595910.png

watch couch interview. hes smiling. then watch bain, hes crying saying he hates losing. our upperclassmen are not it.

@canesporttv
I know we say it all the time but..next year will be our “jump” year.

- DE Bain
- RB Fletcher
- DT Burroughs
- TE R. Williams
- WR R. Joseph
- RB T. Citizen
- DE J. Wayne
- LB Bissainthe
- S M. Williams
- OT F. Mauigoa
- OG A. cooper
- OT T. Kinsler
- OT M. McCoy
- WR C. Young

And at this point it makes sense for both Arroyo/Mesidor to come back. All these players should make a jump from this year to next.
We have a good base but we cannot rely on so many freshman to turn a program around year 1

If Matt Lee/J Cohen/Kiki Mauigoa all stay then we really have something.

+ adding a QB/S/DT/DE/

Advertisement

- DE Bain
- RB Fletcher
- DT Burroughs
- TE R. Williams
- WR R. Joseph
- RB T. Citizen
- DE J. Wayne
- LB Bissainthe
- S M. Williams
- OT F. Mauigoa
- OG A. cooper
- OT T. Kinsler
- OT M. McCoy
- WR C. Young

And at this point it makes sense for both Arroyo/Mesidor to come back. All these players should make a jump from this year to next.
We have a good base but we cannot rely on so many freshman to turn a program around year 1

+ adding a QB/S/DT/DE/
Team should be more solid with another freshmen class and Hopfully a playmaker or 2 from the portal. I’m encouraged for next year. Not mailing it I. The rest of this year but I’m trying to trust the process. BUT BEAT CLEMSON have to finally beat them then it’ll be like finally getting that monkey off our back. They are like the big bad bogey man

LT was in the game but did not play like a good DT should have. LT likes to rush the passer but has very limited ability to stop the run
Could it be there’s no other DTs to push him to be great. He will probably leave regardless of what the nfl draft tells him his projection is

- DE Bain
- RB Fletcher
- DT Burroughs
- TE R. Williams
- WR R. Joseph
- RB T. Citizen
- DE J. Wayne
- LB Bissainthe
- S M. Williams
- OT F. Mauigoa
- OG A. cooper
- OT T. Kinsler
- OT M. McCoy
- WR C. Young

+ adding a QB/S/DT/DE/
Rinse/repeat every year. ‘Just wait until Couch is gone _____ is going to be amazing’

Advertisement

- DE Bain
- RB Fletcher
- DT Burroughs
- TE R. Williams
- WR R. Joseph
- RB T. Citizen
- DE J. Wayne
- LB Bissainthe
- S M. Williams
- OT F. Mauigoa
- OG A. cooper
- OT T. Kinsler
- OT M. McCoy
- WR C. Young

+ adding a QB/S/DT/DE/
stafford, the Washington twins, popo, pullman, brown etc. the guys you mentioned make less mistakes then our upperclassmen. also dont embarrassing celebrate everything

Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
D[BGCOLOR=initial]money let's just make it plain. This team in the past two-weeks have shown who we are: Second-tier![/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.

I don't disagree...however...

Our biggest problem right now is turnovers.
Kids turn the ball over, not coaches.

We have one of the top offenses in the country, in almost every category. That's either coaching or recruiting (or both).

RB's fumbling the ball and your "elite experienced NFL QB" throwing inexplicable, pathetic interceptions while simultaneously having zero moxy and pocket awareness is not coaching. He is who he is.

If we don't turn the ball over and commit 2 personal foul penalties that give UNC the ball back, we likely win easily. (all of those mistakes led to points)

I'm one of the few that's not ready to shoot myself.
I see some very bright spots on this team. We are nowhere near the same team from last year.

We're only gonna go as far as TVD takes us though. He ain't the guy IMO, but we won't make strides until he stops turning the ball over. (he could've recovered that low snap by the way)

Our vaunted OL got destroyed. And their OL that we made fun of destroyed us.

Why was unc able to have tez walker playing and we couldn’t get Burroughs from Bama playing. We needed a big horse in the middle
Did they really though?

All of our RB's had about 5 YPC and they sacked TVD 3 times compared to our 5 sacks versus them.
I thought our OL did a decent job. I can't speak on our run defense though.

Advertisement
I don't disagree...however...

Our biggest problem right now is turnovers.
Kids turn the ball over, not coaches.

We have one of the top offenses in the country, in almost every category. That's either coaching or recruiting (or both).

RB's fumbling the ball and your "elite experienced NFL QB" throwing inexplicable, pathetic interceptions while simultaneously having zero moxy and pocket awareness is not coaching. He is who he is.

If we don't turn the ball over and commit 2 personal foul penalties that give UNC the ball back, we likely win easily. (all of those mistakes led to points)

I'm one of the few that's not ready to shoot myself.
I see some very bright spots on this team. We are nowhere near the same team from last year.

We're only gonna go as far as TVD takes us though. He ain't the guy IMO, but we won't make strides until he stops turning the ball over. (he could've recovered that low snap by the way)

This, and Im in the same boat

Everyone freaking out like we’re the same team as the last 10 years because of a once in a lifetime stupid coaching mistake and then a loss on the road to a really good team.

Everyone ignoring the improvements. We’re significantly improved at a ton of spots (OL, WR, front 7 for the most part on D, special teams).

The problem is, we still have players making bone head mistakes and just football mistakes in general. Add to the fact that our QB has his limitations and were lacking great/elite talent across the board. And that lack of talent and limitation at QB makes it so we can’t overcome the blunders and mistakes

Until we either load up on elite talent or have a combination of really good talent and smart football players were going to lose games we shouldn’t. And it will be in frustrating ways most times

Mario has us going in the right direction. Yes the GT loss is solely on him but he can’t force his two “elite talent” to play sound/winning football vs. trying to make highlight reel plays.

Same with TVD. Mario ain’t going to change his personality and he can’t force him to read all pocket or take the check down or not make stupid throws in Zone coverage

Last edited:
He'd be playing special teams only on half the SEC teams.

He was only an AA last year b/c of INTs and most of those were against the **** teams on our schedule.

Between last year and this year his undisciplined play has cost us multiple Ws.

He's also slow as ****. UNC RB embarrassed him in the hole and then was losing ground chasing a 230 lb RB.
TVD is afforded every excuse under the Sun but Kam is garbage. U can see nuance for one but not the other.

This, and Im in the same boat

Everyone freaking out like we’re the same team as the last 10 years because of a once in a lifetime stupid coaching mistake and then a loss on the road to a really good team.

Everyone ignoring the improvements. We’re significantly improved at a ton of spots (OL, WR, front 7 for the most part on D, special teams).

The problem is, we still have players making bone head mistakes and just football mistakes in general. Add to the fact that our QB has his limitations and were lacking great/elite talent across the board. And that lack of talent and limitation at QB makes it so we can’t overcome the blunders and mistakes

Until we either load up on elite talent or have a combination of really good talent and smart football players were going to lose games we shouldn’t. And it will be in frustrating ways most times

Mario has us going in the right direction. Yes the GT loss is solely on him but he can’t force his two “elite talent” to play sound/winning football vs. trying to make highlight reel plays.

Same with TVD. Mario ain’t going to change his personality and he can’t force him to read all pocket or take the check down or not make stupid throws in Zone coverage
nah its never on Mario. we have 4 wins. 3 of them are to g5 little sisters of the poor teams. were 1-2 against the p5. we loaded up on a soft schedule. were in danger of falling to 0-3 in the ACC and 1-3 against p5 teams this year. we've been sloppy w the ball all year and even against ATM, we spotted them points bc of mistakes. theyre making the same mistakes all year long. at some point, its on coaching for the lack of discipline. combine that w the staff errors, its a mess but convince yourself the soft schedule has everything looking rosy. we've looked average to poor since conf play started.

TVD is afforded every excuse under the Sun but Kam is garbage. U can see nuance for one but not the other.
Just a dumb statement.

There are thousands of posts saying TVD sucks.

Kam is just as responsible for the two losses as TVD.

Both appear to be really good kids but they both need to play MUCH better.

Advertisement
Back