This is not a smart team

I know we say it all the time but..next year will be our “jump” year.

- DE Bain
- RB Fletcher
- DT Burroughs
- TE R. Williams
- WR R. Joseph
- RB T. Citizen
- DE J. Wayne
- LB Bissainthe
- S M. Williams
- OT F. Mauigoa
- OG A. cooper
- OT T. Kinsler
- OT M. McCoy
- WR C. Young

And at this point it makes sense for both Arroyo/Mesidor to come back. All these players should make a jump from this year to next.
We have a good base but we cannot rely on so many freshman to turn a program around year 1

If Matt Lee/J Cohen/Kiki Mauigoa all stay then we really have something.

+ adding a QB/S/DT/DE/

Our “next year” is like the sign in the bar “ free beer tomorrow “…..

Advertisement
Just a dumb statement.

There are thousands of posts saying TVD sucks.

Kam is just as responsible for the two losses as TVD.

Both appear to be really good kids but they both need to play MUCH better.

Exactly

TVD doesn’t suck IMO, he’s far from it. But there’s enough of a sample size now with him that his limitations have been exposed.

He’s turned the ball over and been too careless the last few games

He struggles to read a pocket and read zone coverage

As others have said, he has no fire or moxy, just seems to be going through the motions

And his mobility is very limited

Positively, he’s very streaky and when he gets hot he can torch defenses. He can make a lot of “NFL throws” that others can’t

His accuracy is usually very solid

And his size and arm strength is very good to great

IMO he’s a very solid college QB and probably a late round NFL QB

But he’s a guy that might cost you a game or two you shouldn’t lose and he’s not going to cover up or make up for mistakes

He’s your typically 7-5 to 8-4 type college QB. Maybe get you a few more wins if we had elite talent around him

Just a dumb statement.

There are thousands of posts saying TVD sucks.

Kam is just as responsible for the two losses as TVD.

Both appear to be really good kids but they both need to play MUCH better.
U talking about “dumb statements” but think I’m referencing all posts about TVD and not just yours. Everyone is dumb except you. All over the place, all of the time, but think you have it all figured out. No balance and no self-awareness.

They are both responsible but *you* only seem to hold one accountable.

U talking about “dumb statements” but think I’m referencing all posts about TVD and not just yours. Everyone is dumb except you. All over the place, all of the time, but think you have it all figured out. No balance and no self-awareness.

They are both responsible but *you* only seem to hold one accountable.
They are the two players most responsible for the last two losses.

Have a nice evening Ms Kinchens.

Agreed D. But it’s the same old song that’s been on reply since 2017. (Briefly paused for the Richt/rosier/Langham run) and then replayed the 15 years prior.

We just don’t have the HEAD guy that implements the necessary commitment to excellence and winning top/bottom and can back it up on the field. It all trickles down from there. Kam is going to be an EXCELLENT nfl ball player. Yet the base nukes him while the installer of the system gets the proverbial “needs another year for his own guys/team.”

What a song in that we continue to hear it since 2005-now.
I have a hard time believing that….and Mario was NOT my first choice. But he does set a standard and I’ve seen “some” improvement…but I think he needs to wash out the rest of the broken players still here and have a full roster of Mario guys. I want to see the young kids play and I have some faith he can get this straightened out - he did a good job at Oregon and that is what gives me hope

Advertisement
On Kam. I remember this clip where Ed Reed talk about running his zone drops wrong because he knew Peyton Manning would be watching film and think he would get a big play on Reed. During the game he dropped to the wrong coverage saw Manning pat the ball looking in his direction and then he sprinted back to his zone to pick off the pass.

Kam I believe studies a lot of film and when he seems something he recognizes he acts on it based on what he seems on film. But teams are also watching film and noticing him jumping routes are going to give him what’s he looking for but sneak something in behind him. He has the skill set honestly to great at the position but he needs to play within the defense.

Studies a lot of film I'm not sure about that! On two of Walkers TD's KK was supposed to be helping over the top. Both times he bit on an underneath route. KK is freelancing too much in this defense.

On Kam. I remember this clip where Ed Reed talk about running his zone drops wrong because he knew Peyton Manning would be watching film and think he would get a big play on Reed. During the game he dropped to the wrong coverage saw Manning pat the ball looking in his direction and then he sprinted back to his zone to pick off the pass.

Kam I believe studies a lot of film and when he seems something he recognizes he acts on it based on what he seems on film. But teams are also watching film and noticing him jumping routes are going to give him what’s he looking for but sneak something in behind him. He has the skill set honestly to great at the position but he needs to play within the defense.
Sorry dude ur wrong Kam is undisciplined. He triggers on most route that are In breaking in front of his face he constantly blows coverages deep. Teams have been doing it to us for 2 years and he’s been at fault most of the time. It is not an enhanced film study on his part just **** poor execution

Last edited:
Advertisement
Flagg was the highest graded defensive player on PFF playing only 36 of approx. 80 snaps. He made two great plays to stop the bleeding a little more...

Grade (snaps)
Corey Flagg, 79.2 (36)

Davonte Brown, 73.0 (15)

Leonard Taylor III, 71.6 (36)

KJ Cloyd, 70.7 (30)

Te’Cory Couch, 70.5 (71)

Daryl Porter, Jr., 69.4 (80)

Thomas Gore, 69.0 (14)

Wesley Bissainthe, 65.1 (33)

James Williams, 64.5 (80)

Rueben Bain, Jr., 63.1 (72)

Francisco Mauigoa, 63.1 (68)

Jared Harrison-Hunte, 61.9 (54)

Ahmad Moten, 61.1 (12)

Chantz Williams, 60.4 (9)

Nyjalik Kelly, 59.8 (31)

Jacob Lichtenstein, 59.6 (3)

Kam Kinchens, 55.1 (80)

Branson Deen, 52.1 (39)

Jayden Wayne, 50.9 (16)

Jahfari Harvey, 50.7 (34)

Jaden Davis, 47.6 (65)

Keontra Smith, 34.9 (3)

Have to pull Jaden Davis off the field.

He’s becoming a central part of opposing teams game plans.

Studies a lot of film I'm not sure about that! On two of Walkers TD's KK was supposed to be helping over the top. Both times he bit on an underneath route. KK is freelancing too much in this defense.

Advertisement
thats as hard as ive seen anyone not named Barry Jackson go at us. I dont disagree w any of it either
I tried to be fair without sugarcoating our situation.

As I mentioned towards the end.. there is still room for growth and we will truly see if the "culture change" is a myth or a reality. This Clemson game , facing a team that has a very good defense but a limited offense with a MID QB and MID weapons at Hard Rock, will tell us ALOT about where this season is headed.

I haven't forgotten the "optimism" in the Spring about the culture and yada yada yada. Well part of that culture change is not folding like a cheap suit when there is adversity. We will see.

Last edited:
I tried to be fair without sugarcoating our situation.

As I mentioned towards the end.. there is still room for growth and we will truly see if the "culture change" is a myth or a reality. This Clemson game , facing a team that has a very good defense but a limited offense with a MID QB and MID weapons at Hard Rock, will tell us ALOT about where this season is headed.

I haven't forgotten the "optimism" in the Spring about the culture and yada yada yada. Well part of that culture change is not folding like a cheap suit when there is adversitt. We will see.
culture is a cute excuse to losing games. culture matters but winning breeds it. there is a team in SFL that uses culture as its slogan. you think that would resonate w other players and fans if the team didnt win and contend yearly? **** no. its just bull**** lol, but that team finds a way to overachieve and develop talent on the roster no matter where its from thanks to good coaching. you can then sell t shirts w culture on it after that.

Advertisement
Imagine sitting here on a message board and commenting about a guy you don’t even know saying his personality is “not ideal”

You ****ers can’t possibly mean this **** right?
Message boards are literally all about expressing your opinion. Whether that opinion is right or wrong is to be discussed……on the message board.

He did the same thing last season getting burned like crazy before correcting the mistakes. He’s a good player. We’re lucky to have him. I hope he rights the ship

Message boards are literally all about expressing your opinion. Whether that opinion is right or wrong is to be discussed……on the message board.
You’re commenting about a man’s personality that you don’t even know

So in that vein your personality seems less than ideal

Advertisement
Back