This is not a smart team

View as article
Advertisement
I love Kam. He bleeds orange and green and he is a Hurricane through and through. He makes brilliant plays but he routinely makes coverage errors that let a WR get behind him and as a safety that’s pretty much your first responsibility in coverage to now allow.

It happened a ton last year and even though he had some highs I was shocked he was an AA.

Players, even the great ones, need to be held accountable and learn from their mistakes. Not blaming him for this loss or the loss at GT. It’s a team game and no single person is responsible for either of those loses with the exception of Corch not taking a knee last week

Advertisement
I love Kam. He bleeds orange and green and he is a Hurricane through and through. He makes brilliant plays but he routinely makes coverage errors that let a WR get behind him and as a safety that’s pretty much your first responsibility in coverage to now allow.

It happened a ton last year and even though he had some highs I was shocked he was an AA.

Players, even the great ones, need to be held accountable and learn from their mistakes. Not blaming him for this loss or the loss at GT. It’s a team game and no single person is responsible for either of those loses with the exception of Corch not taking a knee last week
he falls for EVERYTHING. watch when he didnt play those two weeks. Jaden Harris is a new Safety and doesnt bit as much.
Not putting him down but we have to be real, he and JW are gamblers.

You know that team we played tonight, are they a dumb team?

They made a lot of stupid mistakes. They kept our drives alive at times with them. They shot themselves in the foot more often than not in the first half. Even at key times.

I don't know why fans do this. They look at a game and see only what could've been from their end.

We could've won that game if only we didn't do this dumb ****. We'll I've got news for those types of fans as to what Carolina fans and coaches are saying.

We could've beat then by 30 or more if we didn't do this or that. Football isn't played in a bubble.

We won the first half, while they imploded with penalty after penalty. Halftime happens, they make adjustments and while we didn't help ourselves at times, they beat us handidly. They forced a lot of those mistakes, made football plays.

When we force a fumble, our fans say we made a great play, we forced it. When we lose a fumble, we don't credit the other team like we would ours, we criticize the player.

We didn't help ourselves offensively with the play calling but in the same breath, they adjusted and were winning one on one match ups consistently. They outplayed us, put us in a poor position, and took away what we thought would work while exploiting our weaknesses.

Yes stupid plays were made both ways, but quit looking at things one sided. That game was close until it wasn't. We didn't beat ourselves, we got beat. Point to anywhere on the field and there isn't one spot we're vastly superior at.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You start off well with your analysis and then totally defend Kam and TVD!

They are a big reason for why we are failing.

Are they decent players? Yes!!

But they have killed this team just as much as the Keontra Smith’s and the Jaylen Knighton’s with their incredible mental mistakes that keep repeating themselves (Kam biting and out of position and TVD with his incredible turnovers).

TVD is the Ryan Fitzpatrick of college football.
Regarding Kam - I do think he's a good player, but he also makes a lot of mistakes for an AA. The hail mary GT TD happened because on the last play of the game (I don't count the 2 seconds where we played keep away), the one thing we couldn't have is the WR get behind our secondary and our "All American" Safety is the one who gives up that touchdown because he let the guy get behind him.

Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
Those of us who argued against Cristobal knew he came with a glass ceiling that he couldn't recruit this program out of.

He's not a good coach, and he won't be able to recruit his deficiencies away.

You start off well with your analysis and then totally defend Kam and TVD!

They are a big reason for why we are failing.

Are they decent players? Yes!!

But they have killed this team just as much as the Keontra Smith’s and the Jaylen Knighton’s with their incredible mental mistakes that keep repeating themselves (Kam biting and out of position and TVD with his incredible turnovers).

TVD is the Ryan Fitzpatrick of college football.
Fitzpatrick at least has a pair along with some personality and doesn’t mope in the corner the second something goes off schedule or wrong.

Regarding Kam - I do think he's a good player, but he also makes a lot of mistakes for an AA. The hail mary GT TD happened because on the last play of the game (I don't count the 2 seconds where we played keep away), the one thing we couldn't have is the WR get behind our secondary and our "All American" Safety is the one who gives up that touchdown because he let the guy get behind him.
Yes. Him and TVD are good players but not program changing players and way overrated.

Kam hasn’t met a double move he wouldn’t ****.

TVD stares harder at dudes than he does women straight into turnovers.

The Pitt & TAMU 2023 games were his best games ever. Go look at FSU 2021 at Tally, at UNC 2021, last week and this week. A ******* turnover machine!!

But, you have to ride it out with TVD in 2023 and hopefully get a transfer next year worth a ****!

Advertisement
South Florida football players have horrific IQ. 3rd and goal from the 18 and our safety jumps a crosser at the 8 leaving the skinny post wide open. 1 of a million examples I can give. High school football is all about being a better athlete. At this level, these kids have zero mental capacity for the game.

Advertisement
Trying to understand your post. Are you saying Jayden did better? He allowed every big play tonight in pass defense. Including the long pass in the first quarter on a double move.

Jumped for a pass that was underthrown too early, could have kept running and picked it off, instead td. He peeled away from man coverage when the safety had already run into shallower coverage, allowed that td. He was straight garbage. Kam wasnt helpful taking risks, but jaden davis at slot/nickel is terrible. They picked on him all night.
He was talking about Jaden Harris not Jaden Davis.

Kam was directly responsible for two of the biggest busts in coverage which were a large part of why we lost this game. He made a couple tackles but was a liability in coverage
Kam when there’s action in front of him he jumps it. See GT last play and also Dez Walker. Idk what u have to do to get him to not fire down super fast but it’s really bad.

Advertisement
Back