This is going to take time

We are not a physical team and we suck at football and coaching it evidently. UNC is a bad team. We suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone needs to be patient. Mario isn't running a gimmick offense or defense. It will take time to transform this team.

This trash @ss team found ways to lose

Complete team effort

The fast start was a joke

The Gattis redzone was a bigger joke

All things considered to date I put 60% blame on coaches and 40% blame on players

Miami’s 3 loses we did not get out talented, so miss me with the “it takes time to recruit” excuse

This isn’t a well coached team.

Manny won 6 of his last 7 games, including two wins over ranked teams. Why have we regressed this much under Mario?
I’m a firm believer in the program that Mario will build but it cannot be understated how bad the Gattis hire was.

Absolutely nuked this season. Mario has to change his offensive philosophy or he’ll go the way of everyone before him. Which would be unfortunate because he’s better than those guys in theory.

Today looked better but that 4th and goal stop where we lined up to play like the 52 packers was insane. I actually think Gattis was trolling us with how bad that was

Mario can work as a CEO/recruiter but the OC needs to be a Spread guy who gets full control of the offensive side, preferably a former HC who is too toxic or ran through to leave.

Trash results so far given the staff budget and the portal reinforcements.

Advertisement
Everyone needs to be patient. Mario isn't running a gimmick offense or defense. It will take time to transform this team.
Please explain.......... What exactly is a gimmick offense? Defense? People throw this term out all the time so I want to know what that is so I can look for it. Can you give examples of teams that run these Offenses and Defenses?

Advertisement
The rationalists have been saying the same thing for 20 years.

When you say something is inexcusable you can't then immediately offer an excuse.

The pattern is simple:

New coach, He's a Miami guy

First year, we suck but it's going to take time

We lose a game "it's like Washington"

We have to wait to get their guys in. Change the culture

Second year, some promise

Third year we suck (sometimes year 2&3 are reversed)

We beat a blue blood team that is ranked but in reality is either missing important parts of their team, or finishes 4-8 (OSU, OU, UF)

We back

We suck but it's going to take time.

Another year or two.
Coach is fired.

Repeat.

Honestly I'd take Coker back. At least when we sucked under him we were better than every other coachs bad years. You know winning bowl games and ****.
This is just an emotional response, which is fine considering we are 2-3. But take our last 4 coaches and tell me their resumes.. Mario is not any of those 4 no matter what you tell me. He is proven at a highly thought of P5 school, as an HC, with additional pedigree that the other 4 also cannot touch with their resumes. Just miss me with the emotion right now, were all emotional and ****ed. The recruiting will be there, and then the wins will be there, it's quite simple. This roster is filled with bad evals as it stands now. Mario is a recruiter, not some great game day coach, or a coach with some innovative scheme, let it be what it is.

Mario needs more time, money and resources to not get embarrassed by the likes of Middle Tennessee State.

The apologists are hilarious.

Mario has been the coach for less than a year.
Yet this might be our worst season in the past 20, maybe even the past 40 years this has the chance of being our worst season in the field including the probation eras.

Advertisement
This team belongs in the FCS. MTSU lost to UAB, so that means we really suck. Fire Mario and his staff, and bring in a real coaching staff!

It’s NOt a gimmick if it works…I know you’re doing your usual pathetic troll job, but you clearly encompass the attitude of Miami…it’s apparently not good enough to win even though we have t in 20 years. We have to play a certain way, and we’re ok To lose while we do it…

Please explain.......... What exactly is a gimmick offense? Defense? People throw this term out all the time so I want to know what that is so I can look for it. Can you give examples of teams that run these Offenses and Defenses?
It's an offense or defense that uses non-traditional football plays to maximize performance against teams unable to stop said systems. Gimmick offenses work against below average teams but always fail against high quality opponents. In other words a gimmick offense or defense may help us win more games but will NEVER help us win a championship.

Advertisement
Back