This is going to take time

Just waiting to see the fans find a way to blame Mallory, Flagg, and Ivey for this

Advertisement
Gonna get a lot of upset folks responding, but know that the rationalists understand. Doesn't excuse the start, but there's more like us out there that understand this takes time. Also I did upgrade to premium upon return. 😎
The rationalists have been saying the same thing for 20 years.

When you say something is inexcusable you can't then immediately offer an excuse.

The pattern is simple:

New coach, He's a Miami guy

First year, we suck but it's going to take time

We lose a game "it's like Washington"

We have to wait to get their guys in. Change the culture

Second year, some promise

Third year we suck (sometimes year 2&3 are reversed)

We beat a blue blood team that is ranked but in reality is either missing important parts of their team, or finishes 4-8 (OSU, OU, UF)

We back

We suck but it's going to take time.

Another year or two.
Coach is fired.

Repeat.

Honestly I'd take Coker back. At least when we sucked under him we were better than every other coachs bad years. You know winning bowl games and ****.

Regardless of you think Mario is going to be the guy or not, this is going to be a long, painful season.

There is some things he has done that I liked, a few things I hate, and more than a few things that made me scratch my head.

Honestly? I dont care as much as I used to about this team. Year after year, there seems to be a spark, but nothing comes of it. 2017 was especially difficult, because I went to the Notre Dame blowout and there was no doubt in my mind we were coming.

I'll never stop being a Canes fan. But whoever is gonna be the guy to get us there (and it might not be Mario), they will have a lot of work to get us where we need to be.

Held a potent UNC team to 6 pts in the 2nd half. Hopefully they know this is the O going forward. But there is some things to build on going forward.

Going ahead and neg me. Looking at this from a coaches standpoint and not a fan.
Why is this team soft as snow?

Advertisement
Nice to see TVD bounce back

Quick thoughts:

- Need to stop going for it on 4th down in the red zone during the first half. Take the **** points

- Flagg had a solid game. Don’t shoot me for saying it but he was making plays

- Stevenson needs mandatory safety help. I see why Georgia moved him inside

- I’ve been critical of Knighton in the past, but have always stated that I hope he figures it out. He’s touched the ball enough to know what he is… and what he is is NOT a RB that gets the ball in critical situations

- Nice to see TVD bounce back with a solid performance

- Fvck Mack Brown

- Keep throwing the ball when they stack the box. We don’t have the OL to run against 8 man fronts

That’s it. Try to enjoy the rest of the weekend

Go Canes
Agree should have kicked the field goal

Mario has been the coach for less than a year.

He better be locked in a room with all those recruits that were invited and forced to watch this sHT today and try to explain away how we have lost to MTSU that is getting pounded by everyone else they play to the tune of 35+ Point losses and a ****** UNC team that gave up 60+ plus points to App St
Right now that’s more important than anything going on in that locker room.

Advertisement
Why is this team soft as snow?
We need to turn the roster over. Hindsight we should have gone full SC and taken 40 transfers.

We keep talking about players with “potential”. Had a coach tell me “potential means you haven’t done crap yet” and we have too many old guys with “potential”

I think we have too many “broken” guys.

Advertisement
I will be patient....but man today was brutal. Middle Tennessee was brutal. The only word I can use to describe this team is "Fragile." Fragile mentally (lose at A&M carries over to Middle Tennessee), fragile physically (see o line injuries), fragile emotionally (offense fumbles the ball, you give up points on the next drive despite having them back at their 15-yard line). This team lacks poise and preparation and seems incapable of playing a complete four quarters of football. The last time I saw a complete four quarters of football from this program was notre dame in 2017. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Real talk. Go canes.

The rationalists have been saying the same thing for 20 years.

When you say something is inexcusable you can't then immediately offer an excuse.

The pattern is simple:

New coach, He's a Miami guy

First year, we suck but it's going to take time

We lose a game "it's like Washington"

We have to wait to get their guys in. Change the culture

Second year, some promise

Third year we suck (sometimes year 2&3 are reversed)

We beat a blue blood team that is ranked but in reality is either missing important parts of their team, or finishes 4-8 (OSU, OU, UF)

We back

We suck but it's going to take time.

Another year or two.
Coach is fired.

Repeat.

Honestly I'd take Coker back. At least when we sucked under him we were better than every other coachs bad years. You know winning bowl games and ****.
Coker started this downfall. He inherited the best roster in the country and oversaw the cultural decline of one of the greatest teams of all time

Step off the ledge bro

Advertisement
You're not wrong but man does it suck! We're literally a player and or play or two away. That's the frustrating part.
We have been for years really. It’s mental toughness, it’s recruiting. It’s getting the right guys. And I don’t mean the right guys for a system. I mean tough football players, with legit track speed, and a desire to be different. Not famous, or rich, or insta cool, different. Work harder, put in more. There’s just not enough “it” factor on this roster.

Advertisement
Back