This GIF says it all

Between that & the hip, hip hooray tossing by the goofy, undressed walk-ons (w/ a Rumph sighting walking by), this program is just The U by rep only. This chit is disgusting af.

Bro I almost spit out my drink when I saw that ****

They were having a party on the sidelines while we're in a death struggle with Virginia :pgdead:

Advertisement
See, this is that bullsh!t I talk about.

This is that "fun boy" ****.

The fvck are you doing taking goofy *** pictures while you're still down to Virginia?! You should be ****ed off that you're even in a dog fight with Virginia. Too ****ed off to take fun pictures.

And WTF are the pictures for anyway? You going to save them, and reminisce about the night you lost to Virginia?

I can't say this enthusiastically enough...

GET THIS BULLSH!T AWAY FROM MY FAVORITE PROGRAM!!!

This is not Miami football!
Our team has really gotten into scrapbooking. Each players room has team pictures as wallpaper.

Could you imagine Mario looking over in that situation and seeing that?
Mario won't come here with this admin installed. Bank. But I would like to think if Miami does get smart, cleans house, and sweetens the pot for Mario he comes toting these trash can to take to the curb all the bull**** that has stymied this program from reaching greatness. The problem with Manny is that he cares about Miami but doesn't have the management skillset and experience to get the job done. Cristobal cares and has the things Manny lacks. Might not be a savior but I'll be damned if our season is over after week 2 under a Mario tenure.

brute.jpg

Bro I almost spit out my drink when I saw that ****

They were having a party on the sidelines while we're in a death struggle with Virginia :pgdead:
My frat called me IMMEDIATELY afterwards & was like Relly, u see that chit???! I said u think I didn’t?? He’s in Miramar & said he wants & needs to slap them all.

No one likes to see this stuff b/c it appears symptomatic of ills with Miami football, but I bet a lot of this happens all across the college game considering kids' ages, immaturity, and a social media influence that still feels foreign for a big chunk of the fan base but is a significant part of the kids' lives. Optics are bad though and it'd be wise for someone to cut that stuff out.

Advertisement
Because I need to tell someone else how to feel about their experience?

Is this really the biggest problem here? If they never took another sideline picture would the problem be solved? I was defending what I thought was an act by the player because people want to bash players left and right and they're not the problem 99.9% of the time.
I guess if the boys are having fun while losing, we shouldn’t tell them how to feel about their experience then. Don’t worry about winning anymore I guess …

I agree it’s on the coaches, but at some point do you not have some personal pride and say, this is just ridiculous…or are embarrassed by the sideline antics When you’re 2-3? When you have 90 yds in the first half, maybe get Together with some players and coaches to focus On that instead of grab-assing in front of a camera.

the biggest problem is that we’re not focused on, or dedicated to, winning. If winning was the most important thing to this team, we wouldn’t be hearing announcers say, “Miami going to ‘Miami’” And everyone knows what he means. And he was right, we are a joke and a punchline, and everyone at the school that should care seems to be perfectly fine with that.

You work hard you play hard.

I don't mind the kids having fun, but you gotta put the work in. You don't celebrate or dance down against a garbage opponent, or take pictures.

I don't think it's neccessarily a youth thing (I was a dumb kid too), but I think it's a culture thing. Manny Diaz wants to make our program look like a vacation spot for high level recruits before they go into the NFL.

...It doesn't work that way. He has failed as a leader and a coach.

I guess if the boys are having fun while losing, we shouldn’t tell them how to feel about their experience then. Don’t worry about winning anymore I guess …

I agree it’s on the coaches, but at some point do you not have some personal pride and say, this is just ridiculous…or are embarrassed by the sideline antics When you’re 2-3? When you have 90 yds in the first half, maybe get Together with some players and coaches to focus On that instead of grab-assing in front of a camera.

the biggest problem is that we’re not focused on, or dedicated to, winning. If winning was the most important thing to this team, we wouldn’t be hearing announcers say, “Miami going to ‘Miami’” And everyone knows what he means. And he was right, we are a joke and a punchline, and everyone at the school that should care seems to be perfectly fine with that.
You can't tell somebody they're doing something wrong without giving them what they need to correct it. The coaches aren't doing that and the admin thinks the coaches are doing fine. This come from the top, and that's where it will be fixed.

They hear things like this and say no more dancing or pictures thinking that solved the problem. They need to know they are the problem.

Advertisement
Between that & the hip, hip hooray tossing by the goofy, undressed walk-ons (w/ a Rumph sighting walking by), this program is just The U by rep only. This chit is disgusting af.
I just shook my head when I saw that. I mean F**K have some pride. I'm getting ****ed again just thinking about it.

See, this is that bullsh!t I talk about.

This is that "fun boy" ****.

The fvck are you doing taking goofy *** pictures while you're still down to Virginia?! You should be ****ed off that you're even in a dog fight with Virginia. Too ****ed off to take fun pictures.

And WTF are the pictures for anyway? You going to save them, and reminisce about the night you lost to Virginia?

I can't say this enthusiastically enough...

GET THIS BULLSH!T AWAY FROM MY FAVORITE PROGRAM!!!

This is not Miami football!
They send the pics to their agents for NIL considerations.

Maybe that's part of it. I'm seeing it from a parent's perspective.
As a parent, I would rather my kid have the ball he threw for the TD. There is plenty of time for pictures after the game ends. During the game, that is where the focus should be, on the actual f***ing game, not on some b.s. jewelry-clad pic, particularly when we are behind on the scoreboard. As a parent, I want my kid to focus on the task at hand, not some ancillary bulls**t.

Advertisement
As a parent, I would rather my kid have the ball he threw for the TD. There is plenty of time for pictures after the game ends. During the game, that is where the focus should be, on the actual f***ing game, not on some b.s. jewelry-clad pic, particularly when we are behind on the scoreboard. As a parent, I want my kid to focus on the task at hand, not some ancillary bulls**t.
Point is, you wouldn't begrudge him the moment.

Point is, you wouldn't begrudge him the moment.
If that was my kid (and yes I have kids and maybe I am just an ******* of a parent) I would view that moment with complete disapproval. Stop with the clown show on the sideline and focus on the game. Especially when you're losing. I can't say losing to an inferior opponent because the reality is we are and have been for some time on their same level now.

That being said, if the players are being forced to do it because of some contractual BS with the jewelry or some other reason, then none of this applies.

Advertisement
If that was my kid (and yes I have kids and maybe I am just an ******* of a parent) I would view that moment with complete disapproval. Stop with the clown show on the sideline and focus on the game. Especially when you're losing. I can't say losing to an inferior opponent because the reality is we are and have been for some time on their same level now.

That being said, if the players are being forced to do it because of some contractual BS with the jewelry or some other reason, then none of this applies.
That's just it. I can cut the player's some slack, but not the staff.

That's just it. I can cut the player's some slack, but not the staff.
I can understand that. I believe its more a staff problem than a player problem. The hip hip hooray bs with the walk ons to start the 4th quarter was even more of a clown show than the pics.

I dont quite remember the exact quote from Cristobal in The U pt. 1. I've smoked a lot of green tree since the last time i watched it. It went something like there were two things we did on Saturdays what Jimmy coached us to do and what he allowed us to do.

The coaches are allowing (or forcing which is much worse) these players to act this way. That is by far the biggest problem.

Everything you al have said in this thread is spot on. It’s just like parenting…if you are more worried about being your kid’s friend and them liking you than setting boundaries and discipline- your kids will embarrass and disappoint you most of the time. It’s like my grandma used to say, “play with a puppy and he will lick you in the face”. These kids are licking manny in his face and it’s embarrassing us all….

Advertisement
Back