This GIF says it all

Another play that kinda irked me. I'm probably overreacting but still.

At some point late into the 3rd quarter (may have even been the 4th quarter), LT made a nice play on 2nd down. They subbed him out before the next play which was a 3rd down. A bunch of players started congratulating him for the play he made. They were all focused on him with little to no attention being put towards what was actually happening on the field.

My issue? It's that it was 2nd down with 3rd and 5 next. Why the f*ck are you celebrating like y'all just won the game on a 2nd down play?

IIRC we were able to get the stop but still. Manny has been so focused on the individual plays made by players that he forgot there's an entire f*cking game to be played. Just proves that what we have are a bunch of players. Not a "team" but instead a bunch of players that all happen to wear the same uniform.
It was the 4th quarter and I saw the same.
But I was more upset with the coaches for taking LT out of the game right after he rag dolled the UVA left guard. Leave the playmaker in the game to make plays!

Advertisement
I think this all comes back to Manny wanting to be THE cool coach and I think he wants the kids to take pics for social media and their brand....its really stupid because playing well and winning would take care of all of that....Manny should just be a kindergarten teacher

This is how it should have been handled…
43E2E153-6B2A-4300-BB3E-A3CEFF6668F8.jpeg

Advertisement
I think this all comes back to Manny wanting to be THE cool coach and I think he wants the kids to take pics for social media and their brand....its really stupid because playing well and winning would take care of all of that....Manny should just be a kindergarten teacher

I think it's important to establish accountability early on when raising kids. I don't think Manny should be in a role that enforces any type of development, particularly for youth.

Sorry, I'm just being overly negative right now. Seeing 16 years continuous of the same **** will do that.

have you ever even heard of something like this happening anywhere? even pros don't do that. they give the game ball to whoever to hold onto until after the game and get back to business. i've never even seen this in pop warner.

the biggest problem we had last night was between the ears, and this is just the perfect encapsulation of where the heads of everyone in the program is right now.
I can say I've never personally seen anything like it until after the game's over, but again, this is on the staff.

Advertisement
That was all dependent on it being his idea, now wasn't it?

Oh, and his first start, which I was mistaken about.
Why would it depend on whose idea it was? Thats irrelevant to whether it was a good idea or worth preserving by putting it in your house for decades for all to see.

guest: that’s a nice picture. What’s the story behind it?
tvd: yeah, that was taken after a td in the second quarter of a September game that we ended up losing. We were 2-3 at the time…ahhhh, memories.

I get that completely. But it was TVD's first touchdown in his first game as starter. There's nothing wrong with taking that picture.
You probably have a nice shelf full of participation trophies.

Why would it depend on whose idea it was? Thats irrelevant to whether it was a good idea or worth preserving by putting it in your house for decades for all to see.

guest: that’s a nice picture. What’s the story behind it?
tvd: yeah, that was taken after a td in the second quarter of a September game that we ended up losing. We were 2-3 at the time…ahhhh, memories.
Because I need to tell someone else how to feel about their experience?

Is this really the biggest problem here? If they never took another sideline picture would the problem be solved? I was defending what I thought was an act by the player because people want to bash players left and right and they're not the problem 99.9% of the time.

The program is a laughing stock on and off the field. President and AD need to take control and put an end to the shannigans. That’s first. Second, Diaz needs to be fired ASAP!

Advertisement
You probably have a nice shelf full of participation trophies.
Not a one. When my daughter was moving into a new bedroom around age 10, she only put two trophies up and her mother asked about all the other ones in the box. She didn't want them up because everybody got those. Likewise, I do have a picture of my son from his last season of soccer. Should I throw it out because his team was terrible that year?

Advertisement
We are the laughing stock of college football. This is the total opposite of what UM football once was and should be. It's shameful.

**** you, Manny, Blake, Julio, Baez, and the rest of the participation trophy circus limp **** group of assclowns.

Everybody in that photo either before and/or after it was taken made a misread, dropped a pass, missed tackles, took bad angles, missed a block, loathe on play all in one photo. And at any point did any of them see the bench afterwards. Look at what upperclassmen in there Donaldson, Scaife, Hall, Harley, Mccloud. This is who Clarke, Williams, Kinchens, Brinson, and TAC suppose to look u to for leadership lol. Straight clown show in Coral Gables. If Manny is not tf out of here this season all these young kids will be just like these bum upperclassmen.

I agree with you @Coach Macho.

I'm beginning to think we're (i.e., the team not me, cause my fanhood of these team is waning) pretty much the equal to an Instagram version of NCAA Football.
We literally do everything for the 'Gram, but provide zero substance.

We're a joke of a team (didn't realize how much D'Eriq makes this team look that much better), play calling on all three sides of the ball are laughable and as predictable as the sun rising and setting.

Essentially the Kardashians, we look good doing whatever, we sell a brand, but literally do nothing to prove those earnings.
Great analogy.

We're catfishing the fvck out of college football.

Advertisement
Back