This Buckeye's thoughts on Josh Gattis

Gattis did a MASTERFUL job coordinating a dynamic run game against my Buckeyes in last year's game and that was the primary reason that Michigan won (finally) that game. Time and again Gattis dialed up a running play to keep their offense on the field and the clock ticking. I have no idea how your passing game will be but you can be confident that you're running attack will be very good! Good luck this year. You guys should be fun to watch again now that Manuella and his pretty hair are elsewhere.

Advertisement
Gattis did a MASTERFUL job coordinating a dynamic run game against my Buckeyes in last year's game and that was the primary reason that Michigan won (finally) that game. Time and again Gattis dialed up a running play to keep their offense on the field and the clock ticking. I have no idea how your passing game will be but you can be confident that you're running attack will be very good! Good luck this year. You guys should be fun to watch again now that Manuella and his pretty hair are elsewhere.
Thank you for your opinion. Our qb is hoping to go first round

Let's discuss 2002 before anything else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let us know what you think of Manny’s d at PSU. It may be something in year 1, but it is quickly exposed in his subsequent seasons.

Make no mistake about it, Franklin will be in charge of that defense and his signature will be all over it. There may be some tweeks with it, but Manny won't be allowed to **** up his defense like he has everywhere else before.

Yea with Gattis
Yea with Cristobal, Gattis and Mirabal feel confident we will have a good run game and should see an uptick in numbers. Just hope the passing game doesnt suffer, esp with a talent that we have at QB which we havent had around here in a looooooong time.

On sidenote, it boggles my mind but OSU was ahead of curve and the talent and playmaking they have on the offensive side of ball reluctantly make them must see tv this upcoming season. What Ryan Day and Kevin Wilson do on offense is impressive as **** from a overall college football fans POV. Dammit man

First I wanna start off by saying fûck Taint, Blohio State or whatever you call it, refs cheated and gave yall our natty.

Second, thanks for the analysis. It is appreciated.

Third, welcome. But don't get too comfy here.

Advertisement
Make no mistake about it, Franklin will be in charge of that defense and his signature will be all over it. There may be some tweeks with it, but Manny won't be allowed to **** up his defense like he has everywhere else before.
Then he won't be there long.

My prediction is James Franklin will regret hiring Manny. Might cost him his job.
Not till they graduate a couple classes. PSU defense will probably be pretty good to start with. Manny is good when he’s got other peoples players to coach. Kid’s that’s been in systems where gap discipline is required. His issues arise when his players are the upperclassmen and all they have been taught is Manny’s “disruptive” fly up the field scheme. That’s when Franklin will probably lose his job. He better win like **** these next two years to build some good will, lol.

Advertisement
I don't get the harsh attitude towards Manny. He gave us TVD and Garcia and was a leader in exploiting the portal, he will still be a Hurricane fan. I wish him well ESPECIALLY when they play the Suckeyes!
No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP's analysis. I watched that game and OSU could not figure out how to stop the Michigan running game. Much of that success was predicated on Michigan using 2 TE's. But the interesting part to watch was that whenever OSU tried to load up against the run, Gattis had the perfect pass play dialed up. Once Gattis found an advantage, he was able to control the game and keep OSU's defense off balance all game.

The question for us will be whether UM has an advantage in either the passing or running game that allows Gattis to dictate the game. I would argue going in that we have a passing game advantage over most defenses on our schedule that is similar to the running game advantage Michigan had, which will allow Gattis to dissect whatever a defense tries to do.

Advertisement
Back