This Buckeye's thoughts on Josh Gattis

Advertisement
gordon ramsay fox GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Not till they graduate a couple classes. PSU defense will probably be pretty good to start with. Manny is good when he’s got other peoples players to coach. Kid’s that’s been in systems where gap discipline is required. His issues arise when his players are the upperclassmen and all they have been taught is Manny’s “disruptive” fly up the field scheme. That’s when Franklin will probably lose his job. He better win like **** these next two years to build some good will, lol.
I understand this narrative but just because he was good with goldens players at Miami doesn’t mean it’s gospel at every other stop like people believe. His defense has been figured out. It is fundamentally flawed to the core. He is going to get abused from the jump at penn state and I can’t wait to watch it

Advertisement
My prediction is James Franklin will regret hiring Manny. Might cost him his job.
Penn State would've lost Franklin this off-season had they not locked him up. Remember, it was PSU as the initial team that kicked off the crazy off-season of 10 year contracts etc.

Franklin has AT LEAST 4-5 years before Penn State would do anything.

I don't get the harsh attitude towards Manny. He gave us TVD and Garcia and was a leader in exploiting the portal, he will still be a Hurricane fan. I wish him well ESPECIALLY when they play the Suckeyes!

I don't dislike or hate Manny, but his defenses suck. The worst part of it all he can't even seem to recruit to it. I'm not even talking about top talent, but simply guys to run it effectively. I'm also not slamming those we did get because a lot of them could've gone elsewhere. They can't all be subpar, even in a subpar conference, so that tells me the problem is his defense.

Wish him well, but I sure wouldn't bet on it. Franklin is a good coach and the talent they do have in state dream of playing there. I hope Mario and company can get the locals on board, where their real dream offer is us. That's what a lot of those big state schools have going for them and they cherry pick others from out of state.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand this narrative but just because he was good with goldens players at Miami doesn’t mean it’s gospel at every other stop like people believe. His defense has been figured out. It is fundamentally flawed to the core. He is going to get abused from the jump at penn state and I can’t wait to watch it
But he wasn’t just good with Golden’s players. He was good at MSU, UTexas, as well as UM…..with experienced kids…. then graduation happened, and **** hit the fan. It’s not guaranteed…. but his track record says that he will thrive at first, because of their experienced kids…. but it’s fool’s gold.

Last edited:
But he wasn’t just good with Golden’s players. He was good at MSU, UTexas, as well as UM…..with experienced kids…. then graduation. It’s not guaranteed…. but his track record says that he will thrive at first, because of their experienced kids…. but it’s fool’s gold.
He was good at Texas? He has the most disastrous defensive performance in the history of the program and got **** canned for it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back