This Buckeye's thoughts on Josh Gattis

Advertisement
My prediction is James Franklin will regret hiring Manny. Might cost him his job.
Franklin isn't going anywhere unless he wants to. The buyout to fire him is his current years salary ($7M/year through 2031) times years remaining on contract.

So even if State Penn ***** the bed the next three years and they decide they want to fire him in 2025, his buyout would be $42M.

Conversely if Franklin decides to leave for greener pastures, his buyout to the university is only $2M starting in 2024 and drops to $1M in 2026.

It’s absolutely disgraceful this needs to be posted, but is there a competent mod/maude that can delete this garbage thread? There is absolutely no CANE that gives a *** what any dip****t buckeye fan has to say. Period.

God I miss @The Franchise!

U Wouldn’t Understand!

Speak for yourself.

I personally wish there were a bunch of posters from all the fan bases here. It's good to hear opinions outside of the same regurgitated stuff all our posters say. I know of several people that read but don't post because the hive mind is always viewing this team through green and orange glasses. That is until it's painfully obvious there's a problem.

As long as someone comes here respectfully, there shouldn't be a problem.

P. S. I'm glad that blowhard is gone.

Speak for yourself.

I personally wish there were a bunch of posters from all the fan bases here. It's good to hear opinions outside of the same regurgitated stuff all our posters say. I know of several people that read but don't post because the hive mind is always viewing this team through green and orange glasses. That is until it's painfully obvious there's a problem.

This!

Advertisement
Speak for yourself.

alligator attacking GIF

Speak for yourself.

I did speak for myself. Quite clearly.

I don’t view things through orange and green glasses. That’s your second wrong statement. There are plenty of competent posters who can engage in meaningful conversation here, if that’s what you’re looking for. I don’t need the opinion of some dip**** buckeye fan nor is it relevant to our program for obvious reasons. That should have been clear from the OPs post, for most.

If you’re looking to engage incompetent fans from other fan bases to discuss Canes football, there are plenty of sites out there.

I don’t view things through orange and green glasses. That’s your second wrong statement. There are plenty of competent posters who can engage in meaningful conversation here, if that’s what you’re looking for. I don’t need the opinion of some dip**** buckeye fan nor is it relevant to our program for obvious reasons. That should have been clear from the OPs post, for most.

If you’re looking to engage incompetent fans from other fan bases to discuss Canes football, there are plenty of sites out there.
Put him on ignore and the thread magically vanishes!!

I don’t believe that there’s one Mod, Maude, Admin, Writer and/or Owner of CIS who thinks this place is better if we blanket ban respectful posters from other fanbases who add to the free flow of information. We ban plenty of trolls from other fanbases for trolling sure but we’re better for having more contributions from different sources and viewpoints not less.

Advertisement
You’re right sir and I agree. I’m just looking out for my Cane brothers and sisters. I’ll get back to mourning/celebrating my other brothers and sisters that gave their lives for this great country!
God bless this country where we have rights and benefits many don’t and in large part because of those we remember today.

I watched a couple of Michigan games, on YouTube, after Gattis was hired. I was impressed by the different types of run plays and play action. He sets up a defense well. It will be very interesting to see what he does with a 1st round QB and less dominate OL. We have a really good TE room as well!

Advertisement
I don’t believe that there’s one Mod, Maude, Admin, Writer and/or Owner of CIS who thinks this place is better if we blanket ban respectful posters from other fanbases who add to the free flow of information. We ban plenty of trolls from other fanbases for trolling sure but we’re better for having more contributions from different sources and viewpoints not less.
NO!!!!!

Echo chambers only bro!!!

Maybe you should go back and read what you posted.

First you questioned the competency of the mods here.

Secondly, you stated that there is no CANE fan that cares what a Buckeye fan says. That's not you speaking for yourself, but instead all of us. It appears you're wrong on that as noted by various posts in this very thread. Some even before your post.

Third, what makes him a dip****? The fact that he's a Buckeye fan? One that came here and posted a civil post?

I'd say you post with orange and green shades on if you're so quick to judge a book by its cover. You're clearly not interested in outside opinions, so it's not a stretch to think you fit that description.

Lastly, I'll post here and if other fans come correct, the mods don't mind as noted above as well. Maybe you should start up a website of only Cane fans, seems that's what you'd be into. As if we're the only competent fans there are. That or maybe, just maybe, they come here and post a relevant thread, you know.....like this one.

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP's analysis. I watched that game and OSU could not figure out how to stop the Michigan running game. Much of that success was predicated on Michigan using 2 TE's. But the interesting part to watch was that whenever OSU tried to load up against the run, Gattis had the perfect pass play dialed up. Once Gattis found an advantage, he was able to control the game and keep OSU's defense off balance all game.

The question for us will be whether UM has an advantage in either the passing or running game that allows Gattis to dictate the game. I would argue going in that we have a passing game advantage over most defenses on our schedule that is similar to the running game advantage Michigan had, which will allow Gattis to dissect whatever a defense tries to do.

I think the run game improvement will be shockingly good.

The thing that impressed me most about the spring game is our offensive line actually knew who to block most of the time and that hasn’t been the case previously.

His playcalling puts a lot of pressure on the defense and uses their alignment against them. Wherever they are lined up or going, the blocking assignments use positioning and leverage to take linemen out of the play and get on top of linebackers almost instantly. The run defense would have been a disaster in the spring game if our safeties weren’t so good.

We are going to tear the majority of the schedule apart and run for huge yardage. When the passing game gets going, we will be one of the most exciting offenses to watch by the end of 2022

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let us know what you think of Manny’s d at PSU. It may be something in year 1, but it is quickly exposed in his subsequent seasons.
It should be exposed by any decent OC in year 1. The book's out. Let the DTs get skinny and wash them out of the play when they have no force behind their upfield rush. Let the DEs run wide or eat them alive with bootlegs. PSU may do okay if they have really good LBs, but they better be because they'll have to clean up a lot, as will safeties. There's a reason why at the end of his runs BYU and UNC broke records on him.

Advertisement
Back