This Board is...

Advertisement
Slam full of basket-case fans

This Miami team looked as bad as it could possibly look last season, and after climbing to #7 we all saw some potential.

After the Clemson game, I still see potential. As a matter fact, I feel like we are much better than how we played.

Our offensive line is still bad, hate to say it, but that is probably one of the biggest reasons we looked so bad on offense. We literally have not played one team to challenge our line, and yet many of us thought we were ready for the depth and talent that is the Clemson defensive line. We ALL knew how weak we are at WR, so that is not even a surprise to me.

I still do not think we can beat those guys, or Ohio State or Alabama. However, we are still much better than we were last season.

Our focus should be Pitt right now, then UVA, then NC State after and so on. IF we get another shot at Clemson, that means we won out the rest of our schedule....and yes we ALL should be happy about that.

If you are not happy about that, you are crazy as ****. Regardless of all that Manny has done to make this team better, we still are not anywhere as deep as we need to be to compete at the very top, but a winning season will help leaps and bounds for that.

Manny is doing his job, and he is doing it well, You guys need to pay more attention to reality of competing at a high level before losing your ****, and looking like fools all over the internet.
Basket case fans fora basket case program. You expect anything else?

We struggled to gain a first down the entire game. There is a talent gap, but it's not so great that our offense should struggle all game to gain an inch. We had two weeks to prepare and they had one yet we were clearly outcoached. The announcers even said it looked like Clemson had been preparing for us for 52 weeks. I'm disappointed and upset in that stuff, not that we lost. I expected a loss. But when we lose you can also glean other things about your team. It's not always simply about hey we won or hey we lost. There's a lot more nuances to it than that. In this case, it was a bad look for our coaching staff and people are right to be worried about certain things moving forward.

This Miami team looked as bad as it could possibly look last season, and after climbing to #7 we all saw some potential.

After the Clemson game, I still see potential. As a matter fact, I feel like we are much better than how we played.

Our offensive line is still bad, hate to say it, but that is probably one of the biggest reasons we looked so bad on offense. We literally have not played one team to challenge our line, and yet many of us thought we were ready for the depth and talent that is the Clemson defensive line. We ALL knew how weak we are at WR, so that is not even a surprise to me.

I still do not think we can beat those guys, or Ohio State or Alabama. However, we are still much better than we were last season.

Our focus should be Pitt right now, then UVA, then NC State after and so on. IF we get another shot at Clemson, that means we won out the rest of our schedule....and yes we ALL should be happy about that.

If you are not happy about that, you are crazy as ****. Regardless of all that Manny has done to make this team better, we still are not anywhere as deep as we need to be to compete at the very top, but a winning season will help leaps and bounds for that.

Manny is doing his job, and he is doing it well, You guys need to pay more attention to reality of competing at a high level before losing your ****, and looking like fools all over the internet.
I don't think it was our olines fault. It's impossible to block 6-7 guys every down. We showed no threat of throwing any screens or any passes to our back and make the LBs have to watch them. They just pinned their ears back and dared our bum ahhss receivers to get open and they could not. And our QB could not handle the pressure. Not because the online could not block all their blitzers. We could not even win a **** slant route for ***ks sakes!!! Our WRs and QB lost this one.

If somebody makes excuses for that offensive gameplan they’re just as fault as the turds that come out of the woodwork to troll. That offensive atrocity was at the same level as enos. But unlike enos I expect better from Rhett.

I didn’t expect to win but I expected a game plan that didn’t resemble some richt /enos level ****ery.
Exactly how I feel, and I got called scared before the game when I said I didn't expect to win. I thought we had a puncher's chance in the vein that Old Urine did against Baga. Urine was probably a bigger underdog than we were going into that game, but they went toe to toe for 60. They lost, but they didn't get dog walked like we did.

People need to quit digging in on their guys and their predictions and just call it like it is after a game like this. There's nothing good to take from that sort of emasculation. We got worked. Hopefully, we don't tank it now like we do every other year.

Advertisement
A lot of these mopes jumped on the bandwagon after our first NC. What they all don’t realize is that until that first NC in ‘83, Miami was a nobody. There was no “U”. There no “swag”. There were no NC’s.

A lot of the success in CFB is very cyclical. When was the last time Notre Lame won an NC? UGA? USC? On and on. We gotta be realistic and understand that it takes time and the right combo of coaches and players to reach the level of Clemp$on and Baga.

Is Manny the answer? I think it’s still too early to answer that. But I think this season will go a long way in answering that question.
423 your right, prior to 83 it was the swim/tennis team, but since then, football and baseball. Miami is a unique position, and all it needs is the right coach to win big. The last 3 or 4 hires, back to RS and forward, leads me to believe somebody dont wanna win. Not pointing fingers but when you have BD and MD on the table and you choose MD that days something. Same w all the earlier picks, nothing about any of em would lead you to think success. I stand firm in my belief that the powers that be dont wanna go there, and strangly enough i understand. I know that natty comes at a price, and they dont wanna pay it. I'm talking about all the limelight if you will that comes with winning, not about money

423 your right, prior to 83 it was the swim/tennis team, but since then, football and baseball. Miami is a unique position, and all it needs is the right coach to win big. The last 3 or 4 hires, back to RS and forward, leads me to believe somebody dont wanna win. Not pointing fingers but when you have BD and MD on the table and you choose MD that days something. Same w all the earlier picks, nothing about any of em would lead you to think success. I stand firm in my belief that the powers that be dont wanna go there, and strangly enough i understand. I know that natty comes at a price, and they dont wanna pay it. I'm talking about all the limelight if you will that comes with winning, not about money
I have absolutely no inside info but a "choice" between BD and MD is pure speculation IMO. It could be viewed as a choice between a known quantity in BD and the baggage he would have brought with him and a known quantity in MD as an up and comer that could return the program to prominence. I agree that it sure seems the university has gone with "safe" HC selections since BD left.

Schnelly started it all and I don't think he gets enough credit for it. Many don't know or remember that Miami seriously considered doing away with the football program in the mid 70's. Schnelly was a last ditch effort to save the program. Without his success, there's no doubt in my mind there would be no "U". He caught the CFB world by surprise.

As they say "success breeds success" and when Howard left, JJ rode that success to another NC and an NFL gig. Erickson continued that success but let it get out of control and it cost us big time long term. His lack of control and the subsequent penalties led to the reputation we now have as "thug U".

It was 10 years between NC4 and NC5. Butch did a helluva job under the circumstances. We hit home runs with HC hires in succession but it was all down hill from Butch.

To return to those glory years, it will take another transcendent HC similar to Schnelly. Whether or not Manny is the one is yet to be seen.

A f

Manny is doing his job, and he is doing it well, You guys need to pay more attention to reality of competing at a high level before losing your ****, and looking like fools all over the internets fan

I honestly believe these are miserable fūcks, who are failures in their lives, so they want to see and propagate misery, since that is how they live. Misery loves company. So it’s either that, or they’re actually trolls that are gator fans or fans of some other team. Because that’s how they post. I know that’s how I would post if I was on a **** site. Just to fūck with their heads.

They will tell you “I only demand the best from my teams, why should I support mediocrity“, or some other nonsense like this. Well, they don’t have to support it. They can just stop watching and walk away.

But that is not it, it is a compulsion to spread their misery onto others.

I mean, nobody’s happy about what happened on Saturday, especially but not limited to, the offensive game plan. We really seemed to have no answers and looked unprepared, we should’ve been better prepared.

These hoes hope we lose. They wait for it. And then like hungry flies attracted to ****, they pile on.
Later on when they go home at night their fat, psychopathic wives thrash them withing inches of their life.

Advertisement
Block cvnts who post nothing but immature complaints and memes. Same with porsters who want to moan every time another opposing coach or sports media pundit somehow ‘disrespects’ the Canes.

Follow intelligent posters who rationally discuss the team’s performance, win or lose.

Last edited:
I think we let teams "beat us twice" cause after losses like this the mood of the program sucks! spend too much time on "is Miami back"

It is a massive indictment of the staff to perform so poorly coming off a bye. Doesn't mean we can't finish with 8-10 wins and get some momentum going into NSD but there's a ceiling with this staff as currently constructed. It's hard to believe we're back here again but it may come down to whether Manny is willing to part ways with his old slapdick GAs and hire a known commodity at DC. Unreal to keep hiring HCs who refuse to fire their friends and family, but here we f-cking go again. For two straight years he didn't hesitate to fire and scapegoat offensive staff members, and yet here we are giving up 500 yards and pretending it's the offenses fault despite awful 3rd down defense.....again.

Advertisement
We struggled to gain a first down the entire game. There is a talent gap, but it's not so great that our offense should struggle all game to gain an inch. We had two weeks to prepare and they had one yet we were clearly outcoached. The announcers even said it looked like Clemson had been preparing for us for 52 weeks. I'm disappointed and upset in that stuff, not that we lost. I expected a loss. But when we lose you can also glean other things about your team. It's not always simply about hey we won or hey we lost. There's a lot more nuances to it than that. In this case, it was a bad look for our coaching staff and people are right to be worried about certain things moving forward.
Yeah. And the first thing on the Hurricane agenda. Is too CHIT-CAN that defensive coordinator!!! Albeit once the season concludes.

Case in point. Clemson came out AGGRESSIVE and played fast on defense. In STARK contrast, the Hurricane's DC ordered the defense to play in a NON-ATTACK mode!* Nevertheless, the Hurricanes FINALLY started attacking on defense AFTER they behind by double-digits. By then it was too late. Because an average FBS team CANNOT give any legitimate Top 5 team a " handicap " of two or three touchdowns!!!!! LOL

Case in point: Remember when the Hurricanes played with an AGGRESSIVE attitude and attacking style against the Top 5 Fighting Celts. Crap, before ND knew it, they was down double-digits midway through the second-quarter and NEVER recovered from an offense and total team standpoint.

So it begs the simpleton question? What the F' does the diminutive Manuel " see in his DC!!! " Other than the AD doesn't have the cash flow to hire a proven legitimate Top 12 type of defensive coordinator.

But then again, I'm probably totally WRONG about the DC.

* Remember when Herbie wondered WHY Miami's defensive secondary was GIVING Clemson's receiver's a COMFORTABLE " 7/8 yard cushion! " LOL F', isn't that what Mr. Golden Shower's boy use to do. lmfao Safeties playing 14/15 yards off the LOS ( Especially on OBVIOUS running downs. ), and corners giving a 7/8 yard cushion. lol

So far, Diaz really hasn't done anything to distinguish himself from Randy Shannon or Al Golden, let alone Mark Richt.

He beat some bad teams early on. So what- Shannon and Golden did the same thing all the time. Neither of them lost to teams like FIU or La Tech.

Advertisement
Clemson doesn’t matter.
Pitt matters.

I’d like to see Brooks starting at LB
We have better WRs sitting on bench as well.
Yes. It's time to build for the future. So those freshmen deserve to see more quality minutes. In other words, enough with " playing favorites " on either offense or defense. Because if those starting junior or senior players CAN'T perform. Then sit their ***'s!! Or give more rep's to the young Canes.

Remember our QB KING was not here last year but he's here and I guarantee he won't lose this one. He's a leader which we didn't have last year. I feel very good for this upcoming game

Remember our QB KING was not here last year but he's here and I guarantee he won't lose this one. He's a leader which we didn't have last year. I feel very good for this upcoming game
Are you one of those who is looking forward to a rematch with Clemson?

Advertisement
Back