This Board is...

Slam full of basket-case fans

This Miami team looked as bad as it could possibly look last season, and after climbing to #7 we all saw some potential.

After the Clemson game, I still see potential. As a matter fact, I feel like we are much better than how we played.

Our offensive line is still bad, hate to say it, but that is probably one of the biggest reasons we looked so bad on offense. We literally have not played one team to challenge our line, and yet many of us thought we were ready for the depth and talent that is the Clemson defensive line. We ALL knew how weak we are at WR, so that is not even a surprise to me.

I still do not think we can beat those guys, or Ohio State or Alabama. However, we are still much better than we were last season.

Our focus should be Pitt right now, then UVA, then NC State after and so on. IF we get another shot at Clemson, that means we won out the rest of our schedule....and yes we ALL should be happy about that.

If you are not happy about that, you are crazy as ****. Regardless of all that Manny has done to make this team better, we still are not anywhere as deep as we need to be to compete at the very top, but a winning season will help leaps and bounds for that.

Manny is doing his job, and he is doing it well, You guys need to pay more attention to reality of competing at a high level before losing your ****, and looking like fools all over the internet.

Advertisement
A lot of these mopes jumped on the bandwagon after our first NC. What they all don’t realize is that until that first NC in ‘83, Miami was a nobody. There was no “U”. There no “swag”. There were no NC’s.

A lot of the success in CFB is very cyclical. When was the last time Notre Lame won an NC? UGA? USC? On and on. We gotta be realistic and understand that it takes time and the right combo of coaches and players to reach the level of Clemp$on and Baga.

Is Manny the answer? I think it’s still too early to answer that. But I think this season will go a long way in answering that question.

Advertisement
Manny proved me wrong this off season. He saw the needs of the team and fixed them as well as we could have hoped. Enos.......fired, Oline coach...........fired, needed a qb...... got the best one we could out of the portal, O line help....... starting tackle. This year we'll see what he does with Rumph and company. We're on the right path, but after nearly 20 years it's going to take another year or two of great recruiting to get us over the hump.

Advertisement
Upset about losing to Trevor Lawrence?

lol nah.

Disappointed that it came in blowout fashion on national TV and allowing people to start up how we are always overrated talk again.

Or allowing ****ers like the OU WR to get online and start talking cash ****t proving all of them right?

Yeah I’m upset with that.

Allowing Dabo to walk into another south Florida 5 stars house and say. “Hey man we just spanked your city, you don’t want to get embarrassed, come play in big games up here that are actually competitive”

Im upset with the presentation of the night. It was a bad look and makes recruiting against Miami so easy.

But losing to Trevor Lawrence or the game?

lol nah

Last edited:
There‘s a segment of our fan base that lacks basic objectivity due to having their heads buried in the sand, and they will find rainbows and unicorns with our inexperienced coaching staff even after their asses are handed to them, failing to realize that Manny is in over his head. They will accept it because, “Manny is our coach now so I must accept it.”

There's a segment here that actively hopes for failure. You only see them show up after losses. It's nothing new
Oh STFU. this team has been ****** for 20 years. We're supposed to be cheerleading all day. How about earning something. This bull**** has been playing for two **** decades already. NO ONE IS ROOTING FOR FAILURE. You aren't a better fan than anyone else here complaining. Freaking idiots.

As bad as we looked, I still am upset about the missed and bad penalties. It was clear to me that the officiating was not treating both teams equally, as they should. Look, those 2 so-called targeting penalties were bad calls. One was close, but if you are going to call that one, then you should have called the same hot Clemson had on King. It was clear to me that there should have been PI on that pick in the end zone...receiver does not go down if there had been no contact. King also got kicked in the face after a sack...no call. Many many holds that should have been called, one of which resulted in that 72 yard TD run.

WE still would have lost. I just abhor the clear officiating bias.

Advertisement
Manny proved me wrong this off season. He saw the needs of the team and fixed them as well as we could have hoped. Enos.......fired, Oline coach...........fired, needed a qb...... got the best one we could out of the portal, O line help....... starting tackle. This year we'll see what he does with Rumph and company. We're on the right path, but after nearly 20 years it's going to take another year or two of great recruiting to get us over the hump.
The only way were going to recruit well is to win game. I mean you cant expect to beat Clemson right now. But we should be able to handle everyone else on our schedule. The only team that looks very good is UNC. They have been able to score on everyone.

Upset about losing to Trevor Lawrence?

lol nah.

Disappointed that in came in blowout fashion on national TV and allowing people to start up how we are always overrated talk again.

Or allowing ****ers like the OU WR to get online and start talking cash ****t proving all of them right?

Allowing Dabo to walk into another south Florida 5 stars house and say. “Hey man we just spanked your city, you don’t want to get embarrassed, come play in big games up here that are actually competitive”

Im upset with the presentation of the night. It was a bad look and makes recruiting against Miami so easy.

But losing to Trevor Lawrence or the game?

lol nah

Nailed it

As bad as we looked, I still am upset about the missed and bad penalties. It was clear to me that the officiating was not treating both teams equally, as they should. Look, those 2 so-called targeting penalties were bad calls. One was close, but if you are going to call that one, then you should have called the same hot Clemson had on King. It was clear to me that there should have been PI on that pick in the end zone...receiver does not go down if there had been no contact. King also got kicked in the face after a sack...no call. Many many holds that should have been called, one of which resulted in that 72 yard TD run.

WE still would have lost. I just abhor the clear officiating bias.
I cannot agree more, the officiating was ridiculous, but we did not help our selves either.

Advertisement
Yeah it was a humbling loss not doubt about it but it’s like people haven’t been watching the last 15+ years..we’re years away from competing with the top dogs of cfb. You don’t go from getting shut out by la tech and dropping games to fiu to knocking off clemson in a year, it ain’t gonna happen..just gotta beat the other teams around us in the Acc and keep recruiting at a high level and we’ll eventually get there..

There‘s a segment of our fan base that lacks basic objectivity due to having their heads buried in the sand, and they will find rainbows and unicorns with our inexperienced coaching staff even after their asses are handed to them, failing to realize that Manny is in over his head. They will accept it because, “Manny is our coach now so I must accept it.”
There's certainly a segment of our fan base who lack basic objectivity. They think that a program that has spent the past 15 years being mediocre should be able to turn into the best team in the nation in one off season. Failing to realize that there's no magic wand to turn a 6 win program into a 12 win program overnight.
Oh STFU. this team has been ****** for 20 years. We're supposed to be cheerleading all day. How about earning something. This bull**** has been playing for two **** decades already. NO ONE IS ROOTING FOR FAILURE. You aren't a better fan than anyone else here complaining. Freaking idiots.
You must be one of the people I was talking about since my post hurt your feeling so much. I guess I'll be seeing you again after the next loss so you can pound your chest on the internet again.

Name names, friend. I've seen some of the typical misery Jack in the boxes popping up like they always do when there's negativity to fuel them. It's their life blood.

But I've also seen some good rational discussion on how badly we **** ourselves. There's no sugarcoating that game, and guys who are on here regularly talking about how bad it was shouldn't irritate you.

Advertisement
Back