Think we self-impose the bowl ban?

Advertisement
I'm torn on this. For the sake of the program, it's the best thing. It keeps the bowl ban from hanging over the recruiting class and it will lessen future penalties.

On the other hand, what a sad way for guys like Jacory, Spence and JoJo Nicolas to go out. They deserve better after the way they've battled through adversity this season.

Advertisement
It depends if we think its coming or not

Of course if we think its unavoidable it'd be dumb not to do it this season

I'm torn on this. For the sake of the program, it's the best thing. It keeps the bowl ban from hanging over the recruiting class and it will lessen future penalties.

On the other hand, what a sad way for guys like Jacory, Spence and JoJo Nicolas to go out. They deserve better after the way they've battled through adversity this season.

I agree... I am torn too, but part of me has no sympathy for Jacory and Spence they share part of the blame for the situation we are in.

No. Myabe things are as bad as we think, maybe they're not, but next year could be as disappointing as this one and I think Golden can overcome any recruiting problems. Let's play the Music ****** Bowl or the Weedeater Bowl and enjoy it while we can.

Advertisement
If the evidence UM has uncovered shows that some sanction at that level is appropriate, it is right and fair to get it done now. The younger kids on the team (not to mention recruits not yet even on the team) had absolutely nothing to do with the events causing the problem and should be kept as clear from the penalties as possible. The corollary question I have is whether UM will handle all self-imposed sanctions at once, if it determines that self-imposed sanctions are appropriate.

I think it's a smart move if we think sanctions with a one, or two year bowl ban are coming. Get one out the way this year and have only one more year to deal with.

I'm most concerned about the scholly reductions, though. Those are crippling. Really ***** up your depth.

If the formers players don't talk we get off...I'm kind of have an optimistic outlook on this and believe with get no sanctions. Just can't see it.

Advertisement
A lot of the seniors were involved with Shapiro, so i don't feel bad for them. Plus, who cares about missing the Bumble**** Bowl anyway? We should self ban.

I don't have enough information to give a legitimate opinion. My gut tells me to self-ban, hope for a cleaner slate and move this program in the right direction.

Advertisement
If the formers players don't talk we get off...I'm kind of have an optimistic outlook on this and believe with get no sanctions. Just can't see it.

Former players aren't talking/haven't talked. Even moss recanted his statements. Our current players HAVE to be completely honest though or the NCAA will slam us. The school too.

See: Aldarius Johnson.

If we do a self-ban - this can only mean what is coming is not going to be pretty..

Speaking of Aldarius, is he still enrolled at UM. i know he'll never where the uniform again, but curious if he found a new school.

Advertisement
Back