Things I've envisioned for this time next week (UF Game)

- Our offense will rely on the pass opening up the run, not the other way around. The Gators are going to make Jarren beat them, don't make it harder for him and get behind the chains because we're running in to a defense with 8 men in the box. Let's not waste a single series, we know their gameplan, let's use it against them and trust Jarren.

- Sticking with Jarren: We surprise the Gators with Jarren's 20 mph speed. Zone-Read, designed QB draws, encouragement to pick up an easy 6 yards when there's empty space with the Gators playing man. Jarren has 40 yards rushing on the day.

- Gators convert less than 20% of their third downs of 6 yards or more. The pass rush will get there early and often, Franks will get out of sorts and the timer in his head will be off the entire game. It's on the run defense to stop them on early downs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Me and @k9cane kept telling folks the prehistoric o we was running was hurting the ol more than anything else.

Plenty of motion , shifting / flexing keeps the defenses thinking and their eyes always moving. Which causes breakdown or blown coverages. Also the lack of motion ( eye candy) allows the defense to play downhill , It keeps the ends respecting the edge and not crashing down hard on the run , or pinning their ears back on the pass.

I can’t stress enough how this alone will make a huge impact. Then mixing in an oc that’s running an updated , modern day offense.

The ol will look better just off this alone.

Me and @k9cane kept telling folks the prehistoric o we was running was hurting the ol more than anything else.

Plenty of motion , shifting / flexing keeps the defenses thinking and their eyes always moving. Which causes breakdown or blown coverages. Also the lack of motion ( eye candy) allows the defense to play downhill , It keeps the ends respecting the edge and not crashing down hard on the run , or pinning their ears back on the pass.

I can’t stress enough how this alone will make a huge impact. Then mixing in an oc that’s running an updated , modern day offense.

Good points

Man if we can get our run game going , double TE sets with some play action should be easy money
You just gave the winning game plan. Seriously, I want our wide receivers making an impact but with a new starter at QB, double TE sets and a running game with our elite backs will win this game.

Plus, I think the O-line is going to surprise a lot of people. 17 - 10 Miami.

Advertisement

No one has ever said that last years Oline was the 2001 unit, but do people really think that systems/play-calling can make players look better or worse than what they are?. That's what great coaches and sound systems do -- they elevate their players that they have at hand

Last year, the prehistoRicht offense would have stifled Michael Irvin

Last edited:
As long as our cheeseburgers are more uniform and reliable than theirs, we will stomp these fools brick by brick!!!

I kid

Advertisement
Obviously I want an early lead.

If we jump out say 13-3 or something and they see the chain for the first time they’ll melt just like FSU did last year.

Take care of the ball, move the chains. Play solid special teams.

That’d be ideal and then keep the pedal to the metal.

Advertisement
Beat me to it. Great call.

Go Canes!
I like it but I’m going to go with him forcing a fumble.

One thing I noticed in the middle of our complete **** show down the stretch last year, was Bandy getting extremely physical. He was ******* WRs up.

Gators are soft. Receivers are soft. Bandy makes at least one pay dearly for not being aggressive.

I like it but I’m going to go with him forcing a fumble.

One thing I noticed in the middle of our complete **** show down the stretch last year, was Bandy getting extremely physical. He was ******* WRs up.

Gators are soft. Receivers are soft. Bandy makes at least one pay dearly for not being aggressive.

Bandy is the epitome of tough South Florida ball player. He’s not backing down from anyone. All he knows is attack. Could be one of the most important Canes attitude wise in last 15yrs. Love this thread.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Really. I get it to a degree but fck that noise that was a 1 time deal as bad a it was. We have had like what 1 **** tastic punter in forever in my life at Miami football. Im not about to even think for a second again that we lose a game because of this fck face. Get that **** out of your mind and dont bring it up again. In all reality we could have took shank punts that would have been better then what we got.
Like. Ok.

Bandy is the epitome of tough South Florida ball player. He’s not backing down from anyone. All he knows is attack. Could be one of the most important Canes attitude wise in last 15yrs. Love this thread.

Go Canes!
We lose a TON of leadership back there with J.J. and Redwine leaving. Bandy should fill some of that

Amari carter committing manslaughter

6E2D335E-038D-4619-A798-1AA7507B1223.gif

We lose a TON of leadership back there with J.J. and Redwine leaving. Bandy should fill some of that
I think Blades becomes “Blades” and becomes the leader like his whole family was for the “U”. You can’t teach leadership. It’s born with you. It’s in this kid’s blood line. He will be the X factor come Saturday night. I’m so glad we got him

Advertisement
Back