Things I've envisioned for this time next week (UF Game)

Watching Hedley to see if he can get punts off with guys coming at him. If his steps are quick enough then the punting game will not be a detriment.

Really. I get it to a degree but fck that noise that was a 1 time deal as bad a it was. We have had like what 1 **** tastic punter in forever in my life at Miami football. Im not about to even think for a second again that we lose a game because of this fck face. Get that **** out of your mind and dont bring it up again. In all reality we could have took shank punts that would have been better then what we got.

Advertisement
UFlop has one of the top punt/kick units. However, they had TWO punts blocked in their game against Michigan..also have a new long snapper this year. LETS GO CANES!

:stormwarningflag-sm:

Manny giving these boys the green light to be the killers on the field. That walk in the stadium and everyone is instantly intimidated vibe.

Offense

- Jarren Williams throwing slants and crossers
- Deejay Dallas 50+ yards receiving
- Cam Harris one 25+ yard run
- Either Will Mallory or Brevin Jordan will have 80+ yards receiving
- Hightower has 4+ catches, perhaps unexpectedly
- Jeff Thomas is used as a sweep decoy and handoff receiver multiple times

Defense/Special Teams

- The lynchpin for the defense is named Jon Ford. Watch #96 often.
- Garvin/Hill/Rousseau/Patchan will combine for 6 TFLs
- Either Shaq or Pinckney will step in front of a **** slant for an INT
- Watch our Safeties closely to see if we're cleaning up cutback runs. By the end of first half, we'll know what we've got in the open field.
- Look out for jump balls against a defense potentially missing the CB with largest wingspan
- A working punting unit

Please, add your own. Let's get some good vibes going.

Anything remotely like this and we roll 41-13

Advertisement
Sacks, big hits, and turnovers on defense. Mallory gets 2 td’s and absolutely no **** clapping before the snap on offense. Canes win 24-13.

I envision something like the 2017 F$U game.

Back- and- forth even match up. Some big hits here and there. Some big plays by both teams.
We make more plays than they do late to win.

Advertisement
I would like to see a better 3rd down conversion percentage, which will give our defense the rest that they deserve and will keep them fresh.

Also think we are due for a touchdown return in the punt and kick off department.

OFFENSIVELY:
I see us starting with a lot of play action quick dump offs.
I think we will do a lot of misdirection stuff. Lots of shifts and motions to gain a better advantage vs coverages etc.
I think Brevin comes out and has a big game.
DeeJay goes over a 100 APYs.
JW throws for about 150 in the air but with all the yards after the catch it’ll be more like 250+.
DEFENSIVELY:
Patchan will be solid. We will get pressure.
They will hit some stuff. We won’t be super clean in the first half, but will adjust in the second half.
Rousseau will have 2 sacks
Pink will have 2-3 tfl
Bandy with a pick
Pretty solid performance by the D
SPECIALS:
Will be solid, not great.
I see us winning by less than 7. 28-24 or 31-28 type of game. But I see JW leading a late drive for the win.

I envision lots of motion, passes that hit our receivers in stride, and a brutally dominating defense that smothers the gaytor ND 2017 style. I envision a couple of my buddies wanting to leave early but me making them stay to watch their team get beat the **** down.

Advertisement
I myself feel, players ignore the hype totally.
Focus on game plan and opponent tendencies.

Fans yes hype but players this is business no knocking people out PERIOD this will play into home field referees and opponents trash talk , second hit gets FLAG.

We cannot afford ANY HYPE AT ALL.

Our hype will be dancing in locker after game plan is executed to perfection.

HYPE, EXCITEMENT causes interceptions fumbles flags let your opponent get hyped NOT YOU or you’ll start throwing your preparation and victory in the trash.

GOCANES

Excellent post and the best assessment of what the fan base collectively wants to see. Every point was clearly articulated. @IndayArtHauz I would like to see you post more analytical football related stuff where you share your insights into offensive and defensive philosophies, breaking down strengths and weaknesses and such. You are clearly quite good at it.
Appreciate the kind words man, but I’m a lightweight compared to a lot of guys on here. I couldn’t offer much in that regard, I just take my shot when I see it.

Advertisement
You will hear announcers commenting on settling down, let your opponent jump offsides let him hit you late let him talk trash as your focusing on using his over excitement to BITE jam you to hard on your first fake and blow by him going deep.

YEP HYPE IS PART OF PRIDE “ PRIDE BEFORE FALL “

Use PASSION for your teammates yo WIN , pride will kill you in this type of game.

When asked about this game as a player just say.

We ‘be been looking forward to playing this game, we’ve prepared well and look forward to executing our game plan to the fullest.

That is it PERIOD.

Never ever acknowledged your opponents name there nothing more then another opponent every game is pivotal to NC.

TNM

GOCANES

I myself feel, players ignore the hype totally.
Focus on game plan and opponent tendencies.

Fans yes hype but players this is business no knocking people out PERIOD this will play into home field referees and opponents trash talk , second hit gets FLAG.

We cannot afford ANY HYPE AT ALL.

Our hype will be dancing in locker after game plan is executed to perfection.

HYPE, EXCITEMENT causes interceptions fumbles flags let your opponent get hyped NOT YOU or you’ll start throwing your preparation and victory in the trash.

GOCANES

Perfection

i Want to see a healthy Robert Burns finally make himself known . Preferably I want him to do it by running C J Henderson the fck over
Having a healthy Burns running like he did 15 years ago would be the nicest, and biggest surprise in recent memory. Here's hoping it happens.

Advertisement
Back