They're worried...

kyhurricane

Recruit
Premium

I don't know how any of this NIL stuff is going to turn out for Miami in the long run, but we seem to be doing well or at least holding our own so far. One **** thing is for sure though....i love seeing Dabo and Saban crying over all of this! 2 of the biggest/ notorious bag droppers in college football worried that they wont be able to just buy their way to another cfb playoff. **** em!

Advertisement
2 of the biggest/ notorious bag droppers in college football worried that they wont be able to just buy their way to another cfb playoff!
It’s not just getting them in the door.. now it’s keeping them there as well. All these years they’ve had leverage over these kids. Now they have other options to be compensated financially AND developed. The game has changed. They shook.

until the schools and conferencing start losing a ton of money, he is dead wrong. He just doesn't want to adapt. Which works out just fine because he is old as **** and can walk away the best coach ever anytime he wants to spend more time playing golf or fishing or whatever.

All he is doing here is setting up something that will happen soon, like some of his roster bouncing, or failing to secure the top class annually.

Advertisement
It’s definitely changed the game and of course there’s some potential downsides

But saying “unsustainable” is ******* laughable

His competitive advantage is eroding and he can’t control it. All this talk about putting rules around NILs (caps, etc) is meaningless to bag schools. They’ll just find a way to bag them up under the table like they’ve always been while other schools like us are doing are best to stick to the NIL limit…like suckers.

NIL costs the schools very little if anything. I guess there is a cost to educating the players in what is lawful, but the actual payment is not a budget item. So why would that lead to financial ruin of a school? Oh sure some boosters may lose lots but heck it’s there play money anyway. What it will do is shift which programs can land top players without having a private financial backing. Nick and Dabo don’t want anyone out bidding them.

It's not that Alabama cant compete in this NIL climate, it's that this is no longer a rigged game with the rules bent in their favor. They had a well oiled system built for the bag game. On top of that, they had a different set of rules that allowed them freedom to operate in a way most others would get investigated for.

They will still be playing at the big boy table but now things are more transparent and field is leveled if others also want to play high stakes poker. Satan doesn't like it when the odds are not stacked in his favor and he has to play fair.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dudes like Saban and Dabo need to just go sit down. You cant call a broad they best thing that's ever happened to you, a ***** when she doesnt want you anymore. What do they say in the milltary, adapt & overcome or something like that?

I don't know how any of this NIL stuff is going to turn out for Miami in the long run, but we seem to be doing well or at least holding our own so far. One **** thing is for sure though....i love seeing Dabo and Saban crying over all of this! 2 of the biggest/ notorious bag droppers in college football worried that they wont be able to just buy their way to another cfb playoff. **** em!
I've said this before...

I believe Saban sees Alabama, Auburn, and other similar geographical/demographical regions as quickly moving towards the downside of advantage with NIL in its presently emerging form.

This will get some eye rolling, but don't be surprised if we see the resurgence on the longer term of an SMU or TCU situation...

Advertisement
It's not that Alabama cant compete in this NIL climate, it's that this is no longer a rigged game with the rules bent in their favor. They had a well oiled system built for the bag game. On top of that, they had a different set of rules that allowed them freedom to operate in a way most others would get investigated for.

They will still be playing at the big boy table but now things are more transparent and field is leveled if others also want to play high stakes poker. Satan doesn't like it when the odds are not stacked in his favor and he has to play fair.
Very, well stated. The Emperor has no clothes indeed!

Advertisement
Back