They're worried...

Advertisement
Saban isn't worried about Miami.

He's worried about A&M, Auburn, and that lunatic over at Ol' Miss coming to raid his campus. He knows that Cristobal won't do that to him. But Jimbo and Lane don't give a f**k.

He only has to worry about Miami maybe once a year and on the recruiting trail. His "colleagues" in the SEC are pit vipers who will knife him in the back and flip on him to the Justice Department if it comes to it. Don't kid yourselves.

Saban said the same thing about no huddle offenses and he adapted and has been dominate with the RPO, said the same thing about the portal and has gotten the best players out of the portal whenever he wanted. If he wants to start buying players he will, just putting out a warning shot.

Advertisement
Saban isn't worried about Miami.

He's worried about A&M, Auburn, and that lunatic over at Ol' Miss coming to raid his campus. He knows that Cristobal won't do that to him. But Jimbo and Lane don't give a f**k.

He only has to worry about Miami maybe once a year and on the recruiting trail. His "colleagues" in the SEC are pit vipers who will knife him in the back and flip on him to the Justice Department if it comes to it. Don't kid yourselves.
Mario already took Jaleel Skinner. Mario will raid him without hesitation.

I said it a long time ago it’s still ringing true. The coaches who are most against NIL deals are the ones who were getting away with paying kids before. The system worked just fine for them before. They got special treatment while others had to follow the rules.

It’s also not a surprise that he’s worried Alabama won’t be able to keep up. It’s unsustainable for them to spend like schools with big money oil boosters in big metro areas. They just don’t have the booster network that some of these schools have. Bama was giving kids Challengers while the QB at Miami is now driving a BMW 7 series.

Advertisement
Sunshine is the best disinfectant. Now that NIL allows for above the table compensation instead of a shadow deal in a church or a Piggly Wiggly - who in their right mind would want to spend time in the armpit towns of the ACC and SEC when they can be in LA or Miami. I’m surprised some fat cat New Yorker hasn’t decided to single- handedly lift their school into football or more likely basketball prominence.

Advertisement
until the schools and conferencing start losing a ton of money, he is dead wrong. He just doesn't want to adapt. Which works out just fine because he is old as **** and can walk away the best coach ever anytime he wants to spend more time playing golf or fishing or whatever.

All he is doing here is setting up something that will happen soon, like some of his roster bouncing, or failing to secure the top class annually.
Adapt? Alabama had significant advantages that no one could match other Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson. The NCAA looked the other way, too. But they would certainly look at upstarts that challenged the status quo. NIL changes everything. Alabama players were driving around in Chargers with under the table money. TVD is driving a luxury car. He is losing control and he does not like. A&M has 2 more recruiting classes like this last one and he isn't winning his division. ***** him.

I don't know how any of this NIL stuff is going to turn out for Miami in the long run, but we seem to be doing well or at least holding our own so far. One **** thing is for sure though....i love seeing Dabo and Saban crying over all of this! 2 of the biggest/ notorious bag droppers in college football worried that they wont be able to just buy their way to another cfb playoff. **** em!
That's rich, Nick. You've bought players for years.

The big SEC schools have a lot of rich alumni who love football, they will be okay with the NIL stuff. I don't love the NIL and portal, but if it helps Miami get back to relevance, I'm all for it.

Advertisement
NIL costs the schools very little if anything. I guess there is a cost to educating the players in what is lawful, but the actual payment is not a budget item. So why would that lead to financial ruin of a school? Oh sure some boosters may lose lots but heck it’s there play money anyway. What it will do is shift which programs can land top players without having a private financial backing. Nick and Dabo don’t want anyone out bidding them.
A lot of players educational costs are covered by Federal Financial Grants.

I think Saban hates the transfer portal more than the NIL deals. That transfer portal basically forces you to either play your 5* kids immediately or risk losing them to another team by the time they are sophomores. You only have them for one year or they could be gone. You dont have to play for Bama/UGA/OSU to be a first round pick. Ask Jermaine Johnson. Left UGA. Was a backup there. Played for FSU for one season. And is now a first round pick in this years draft. These players are not dumb anymore. Winning a national title ring is great but they want to be in the NFL. You can keep the ring. lol. (Ask Jermaine Burton)

Advertisement
Back