They are coming for the Foundations

Our resurgence could not come at a better time............ He said an announcement will come in 18-24 months.

I recall 2011. Fans on Canes Time cheering that a school in Florida was about to get busted. People were sure it was UF. Couldn't be us, because we were careful after the Pell Grant scandal. It was us.

Advertisement
If this happens, what OP said re: bank records is the key.

People ask what recruits/families do with the bag money: It gets transferred and deposited into their bank accounts, the majority anyways.

The NCAA (even if it werent corrupt) cant just pull bank records. The FBI can. Get those records and its an easy case. I'd assume tax fraud/evasion (somehow I dont think Ms Stevenson is paying taxes on her $300k or whatever) could be big as well

Nobody with half a brain would deposit that money into a bank account. Bags can't be traced as easy.

He told me that it will take a Prosecutor in a non college athletics crazy district or state to pick it up. I said what about the Southern District and he laughed and said "If the SDNY gets involved, the NCAA would cease to exist.

Before or after they go bankrupt?

Although the IRS and the FBI can be ruthless in their investigations, neither are autonomous. Congress could step in, especially if a Senator or Congressman from a state that has a university heavily involved tries to protect his/her territory. If Congress were to get involved, the investigation could become a ****ing contest between the haves and have nots.

Lots of variables and could go any number of directions. It's gong to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Advertisement
Jesus, you've got your head so far up your Trump/GOP filled *** that you're trying to find blue & red lines in shìt. Yeah, Iets throw Bama, UGA & the SEC a bone because they're in "red" states, because why not investigate the "blue" schools? What a crock of shìt. Do us all a favor & take a long walk off a short bridge - or at least off this message board, since you're more concerned with what's good for "red" vs "blue" than you are about the U.

The funny thing with this is all the colleges are run by liberals. LMAO Maybe a few Christian colleges don't apply.

Although the IRS and the FBI can be ruthless in their investigations, neither are autonomous. Congress could step in, especially if a Senator or Congressman from a state that has a university heavily involved tries to protect his/her territory. If Congress were to get involved, the investigation could become a ****ing contest between the haves and have nots.

Lots of variables and could go any number of directions. It's gong to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

how many current members of congress will end up getting outted in this? I'm sure more than a few did the same thing to get their kids in

They are almost done with NCAA basketball. I was told that football is next.

Called someone about the college admissions cheating scandal and they mentioned that they are already investigating football. Georgia, Texas, Alabama and Arkansas are top targets. Hundreds of millions in payments spanning close to 20 years. Approximately 25 players a year, per team, received payments; with payments now above the $200,000 paid to Michel.

Easy to trace... Poor families being able to deposit hundreds of thousands of dollars either instantaneously or over 4 years.

Majority of those players are now bereft of capital and are willing to talk due to fear of prosecution.

Our resurgence could not come at a better time............ He said an announcement will come in 18-24 months.

I don't argue with you and your source, but I have a few questions:

1. Who is "they"? The feds? Specifically the FBI and maybe the IRS? That is who is investigating basketball.
  2. How is the college admissions scandal related to football? The admissions scandal alleges coaches"recruiting" non-athletes as athletes to get them easier admission, not to get them on actual teams or to get scholarships. Football is not recruiting non-athletes as athletes. I don't understand the alleged parallel.
  3. How is it easy to trace? That's always been the problem and the reason you use third and fourth parties if you are paying. Assuming there is a trail from the actual recipients, how is the government getting warrants to get to that trail in the first place?
  4. Afraid of being prosecuted for what? Also, see immediately above.
  5. An announcement of what?

Advertisement
Nobody with half a brain would deposit that money into a bank account. Bags can't be traced as easy.
Think about the people you're talking about, yes it's stupid to deposit the money but you **** well know most of them did as soon as they got the duffel bag.

how many current members of congress will end up getting outted in this? I'm sure more than a few did the same thing to get their kids in
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. And if this is the case, rest assured those in high places will try and suppress the investigation or stall it in some way.

to have the NCAA and the FBI or whomever looking around.

LOL...who says they haven't looked around already?

The Adidas/College basketball defendants just got sentenced a week ago and that case started in 2014.

The most recent entrance exam scandal goes back 9 years to 2011.

All it takes is one person to talk with the threat of prison time and the whole SEC CFB house of cards falls.

Advertisement
Hmmmm, interesting timing if true.

Like I said in a similar thread, Trump loses the South in a landslide in 20' if the DOJ goes sniffin' around Athens, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Knoxville, etc.,etc....football is religion in the South.

Pardon the politics.
lol you gonna blame Trump for the $EC being crooked?. Wow that's a stretch even AOC would have a hard time believing and she believes everything.. In a side note you definitely have a career at CNN if you want one

It wouldn't surprise me if the "recipients" got some counseling on how to handle their sudden fortune.
Clearly they missed the session on not posting about it on social media.

Please investigators aren’t stupid. If they use all the tools they will find something and then they put the pressure. All they need is a couple to flip and it is over. It is really up to them if they want to investigate.

They can use a family or a handler as a CI and then work their way up from there.

Advertisement
Clearly they missed the session on not posting about it on social media.

Please investigators aren’t stupid. If they use all the tools they will find something and then they put the pressure. All they need is a couple to flip and it is over. It is really up to them if they want to investigate.

They can use a family or a handler as a CI and then work their way up from there.
Probably should have expounded a bit. I can't imagine that the 'donors' didn't give the "recipients" a bit of advice as to how to handle the donation given the recipients probable lack of knowledge handling such transactions.

That said, it probably wont be as easy as pulling bank statements but would still be rather easy to trace the donation.

I’m a fraud investigator, have been for 15 years, and spend a lot of my time dealing with tracking “cash” transactions and spending. If you are already looking at someone and you know what to look for and the path to take to back them into a corner it’s not hard to catch them. And I’m sure the FBI is a lot better at their job than I am.... and they have subpoena power.

I’m a fraud investigator, have been for 15 years, and spend a lot of my time dealing with tracking “cash” transactions and spending. If you are already looking at someone and you know what to look for and the path to take to back them into a corner it’s not hard to catch them. And I’m sure the FBI is a lot better at their job than I am.... and they have subpoena power.

So then, what is the probability that some of these parents, uncles and hangers-on made huge cash deposits into traceable checking accounts?

So then, what is the probability that some of these parents, uncles and hangers-on made huge cash deposits into traceable checking accounts?
It’s unlikely. But, the fact that they don’t also presents a problem for them if someone is investigating them. You don’t need them to deposit the money to catch them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back