They are coming for the Foundations

Advertisement
I doubt football will ever be touched too many billions made, some powerful people will not let their gravy train get derailed.
I agree. This will get shut faster than the front door on an Alaskan house in a snow storm. The good ol boy national American network won't allow the truth to be revealed when it comes to their accepted ideas of level playing field.

Didn’t notice any blue states schools mentioned. Surely USC and Oregon have crap going on. Wait, fbi doesn’t do politics, I forgot.

No ONllcheats like the D
College football is a billion dollar industry. They will never allow something to disrupt that.

At worse, the NCAA might have to pay off some "investigators".

This year's national championship game had the lowest TV rating of the past five years. Semifinals had terrible ratings too. Fans are starting to tune out as the playoffs always come down to the same 3 or 4 teams. It might end up benefiting the NCAA to have UGA and Alabama out of the picture for a while so other teams can get a shot at the playoffs. That being said, unless the FBI adds Clemson to the list, I think Clemson with Lawrence at QB is going to be tough to beat for the next 2 years.

Advertisement
This would be the type of sport that can topple college football as we know it

Yeah.. If this is true, Emmert himself better be careful. I'd bet a ******** he knows first hand that some (SEC) schools are doing it, and he has allowed it to continue.

I've always felt like if the FBI ever starts investigating certain schools for paying kids and families, Emmert would immediately 180 the NCAA's position on paying kids. He'll start talking about why its fair, deserved and blah blah blah. He's seen the light. But its just about protecting the brand and income.

I just don't see them being able to take down the big money schools. There are a lot of rich and powerful people connected to schools like Texas and Alabama. I know the FBI is a different animal than the NCAA, but do you actually think Georgia, Texas and Alabama will go down..? Much less at the SAME TIME..? Arizona and Kansas basketball are big, but not in the same stratosphere as Alabama and Texas football. They may be able to take down schools on Arkansas level. But the day Mark Emmert lets his homeboy Nick Saban to go down, will be the day no D replaces Belichick.

Advertisement
No ONllcheats like the D

This year's national championship game had the lowest TV rating of the past five years. Semifinals had terrible ratings too. Fans are starting to tune out as the playoffs always come down to the same 3 or 4 teams. It might end up benefiting the NCAA to have UGA and Alabama out of the picture for a while so other teams can get a shot at the playoffs. That being said, unless the FBI adds Clemson to the list, I think Clemson with Lawrence at QB is going to be tough to beat for the next 2 years.

Miami vs ND, osu plus anyone else would do the trick.

Advertisement
Hope so but won't count on anything of significance happening
If the FBI is leading the way, then it's going to happen. They don't give a s**t about the schools or their elite coaches. The NCAA will be forced to take action in scholarship losses and perhaps game forfeitures. I wonder if they would have the balls to take National Championships away?

This will only help #TNM.

Advertisement
Wouldn't be surprised if we also somehow get roped into this whole ordeal

FBI + NCAA = bad for Miami

You know very little about how Miami operates if you think they'd be involved here. At least to any significant extent.

We just had a 3 year, far reaching, probably most extensive ever (and in the end illegal) NCAA investigation. And all they uncovered was Shapiro.

The thing is, SEC fans know of these foundations. They know the boosters, people that work for them. It's in plain sight. Can someone tell me who our foundation is? We dont have one

Also, I'd assume this will be more limited than OP suggests, at least initially.

You cant just indict the whole SEC at once. Politically, Senators, congressmen, etc would pull strings in the DOJ/FBI. Indict a few schools? Sure

As someone else posted, if Saban suddenly pulls a Bob Stoops before the season starts, then we'll know there is some fire behind all this smoke.

Advertisement
Back