There is only one thing I noticed in tonight's game.

Advertisement
Agreed, that was the most telling play of the game. This is the fourth year of this defense and he still made a decision like that.

Is this guy feeling tremendous heat or what?

I don't think he made the decision because he felt the heat. He made it because he knew his defense was crap. But that says a lot in Year Four.

This stuff is all fluid but we are definitely "trending" in the direction of a new coach in 2015 based on what I've seen and heard.

You're playing with my emotions.

Agreed, that was the most telling play of the game. This is the fourth year of this defense and he still made a decision like that.

I don't think he made the decision because he felt the heat. He made it because he knew his defense was crap. But that says a lot in Year Four.

This stuff is all fluid but we are definitely "trending" in the direction of a new coach in 2015 based on what I've seen and heard.

What have you been hearing?

Are you incapable of reading?

lmao

His reaction after the bad call (p.i.) told a lot too. I have never seen him that ANIMATED or MAD. He knows it

Advertisement
h6F29535A.jpg

He's been calling plays with a lot of desperation the last two games.

He's hearing the rumbling, which is causing the big changes we've seen the last couple of games - especially on offense.

After tonight - he's done. I wonder if Tubbs is going to give a coaching clinic when we meet.

He's been calling plays with a lot of desperation the last two games.

He's hearing the rumbling, which is causing the big changes we've seen the last couple of games - especially on offense.

After tonight - he's done. I wonder if Tubbs is going to give a coaching clinic when we meet.

Gunnar Kiel is going to throw for 400 yards on El Foldo. He can spin it.

I took that decision as him knowing we couldn't stop them so he did it out of necessity. I don't think anyone has said **** to him.

Absolutely correct. It was 100% dictated by the nature of the opponent. He knows every possession is vital in a Georgia Tech game. Much easier to gain 1 yard on their defense than to get the ball back.

Last week there was another decision Golden never would have made other than situation. It was absolutely pouring on that 4th and 19 play. No chance a field goal covers that distance of 45+ yards. I was at the game. The TV coverage didn't adequately portray the conditions. The play by play man Joe Tessitore said Golden was worried about a bobbled snap. Nope. He correctly realized that a field goal would plummet into the end zone, well shy.

Advertisement
I see a couple of people saying he went for it in response to the opponent and the lack of possessions,etc etc.

Sorry...but I disagree. We've had those same set of circumstances MANY times over his 3 1/2 years here. There have been MANY games where we played an opponent that lit up our D...and there have been many instances where those opponents possessed the ball a **** of a lot more than we did and as a result shortened the game and limited possessions.

This is the first time he responded by going for it that early. Sorry...but that was a man coaching for his life. I stand by my original assessment.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed by him regardless. The choice to punt on 4th down on the first Canes possession of 4th quarter being down 11 and how bad the defense is playing. Terrible. He's got to go.

And it came pretty early on.

Like most of you I've invested and poured myself into every down, every play, every recruit, and every moment of Canes football. I simply ask this question....when have any of you seen ultra conservative Golden give the green light to go for it on a fourth down on OUR side of the field in the FIRST half of a game.

The answer is never. The moment I saw this the heavens opened, the angels sang, and happy thoughts raced through my head.

This ******* got "the talk" at some point this week. He's was put on notice BEFORE this game that he has entered "coaching for your life" territory.

I know I'm speculating...but the truth is usually right in front of your face. When a passive, conservative, and unimaginative coach like Golden makes THAT bold a move THAT early in a game....to me it says A LOT.

Even though I've been calling for his head for almost 2 years now..this is the first time I'm starting to believe the idiots "that matter" might finally be seeing the light. I'm actually starting to think he WILL get fired.

Let's all hold hands and pray....

Even tho I hate Golden I love me some Kaaya.
brad-kaaya.jpg

Post of the Year!

Advertisement
I'd like to think this was true, but we were still playing defense as if GT could pose a passing threat. I'm done with Golden until he gets a new Defense and scheme. Which I'm pretty sure isn't going down.

I see a couple of people saying he went for it in response to the opponent and the lack of possessions,etc etc.

Sorry...but I disagree. We've had those same set of circumstances MANY times over his 3 1/2 years here. There have been MANY games where we played an opponent that lit up our D...and there have been many instances where those opponents possessed the ball a **** of a lot more than we did and as a result shortened the game and limited possessions.

This is the first time he responded by going for it that early. Sorry...but that was a man coaching for his life. I stand by my original assessment.

If he was coaching for his life, why the SAME BS DEFENSE?

While remain irrelevant....be are NOW embarrassing.

Please quit with this crap that he was talked to. He feels pressure from the outside, just watch the Raising Canes he is telling his team to not listen to it, but in NO WAY did any one speak with Golden. I don't know how many times I have to say this before some of you understand it, Golden is not going anywhere until Shalala is gone. She is not going to fire a coach and bring someone else in when a new President will be in next school year. Guys this is a business and this is what happens in business.

Advertisement
What have you been hearing D Money?

Same thing a lot of posters are hearing. The people that matter are frustrated and it's getting worse by the week.

DMoney if there were to be a new head coach next year are you in the camp that it could be Butch or the that he would never be asked back. Also if it was Butch would you like to see Dorsey on the staff in some capacity?

What have you been hearing D Money?

Same thing a lot of posters are hearing. The people that matter are frustrated and it's getting worse by the week.

DMoney if there were to be a new head coach next year are you in the camp that it could be Butch or the that he would never be asked back. Also if it was Butch would you like to see Dorsey on the staff in some capacity?

I think it could be Butch. As for Dorsey, he's a rising guy in the NFL. Maybe he pulls a Fisch and makes a pit stop at Miami before returning to the NFL as an OC.

Al was showing his *** on the sideline last night , that's as angry as I've seen him. Like his head was going to explode.

Could be something to this conspiracy theory

If he was coaching for his life, why the SAME BS DEFENSE?

While remain irrelevant....be are NOW embarrassing.

Because the man legitimately thinks that's the "right" way to play defense. I offer nothing else beyond that. Simple minded people tend to think simply...and Golden is simple minded personified

Advertisement
Back