There is only one thing I noticed in tonight's game.

And it came pretty early on.

Like most of you I've invested and poured myself into every down, every play, every recruit, and every moment of Canes football. I simply ask this question....when have any of you seen ultra conservative Golden give the green light to go for it on a fourth down on OUR side of the field in the FIRST half of a game.

The answer is never. The moment I saw this the heavens opened, the angels sang, and happy thoughts raced through my head.

This ******* got "the talk" at some point this week. He's was put on notice BEFORE this game that he has entered "coaching for your life" territory.

I know I'm speculating...but the truth is usually right in front of your face. When a passive, conservative, and unimaginative coach like Golden makes THAT bold a move THAT early in a game....to me it says A LOT.

Even though I've been calling for his head for almost 2 years now..this is the first time I'm starting to believe the idiots "that matter" might finally be seeing the light. I'm actually starting to think he WILL get fired.

Let's all hold hands and pray....

Advertisement
Agreed, that was the most telling play of the game. This is the fourth year of this defense and he still made a decision like that.

I took that decision as him knowing we couldn't stop them so he did it out of necessity. I don't think anyone has said **** to him.

Advertisement
I took that decision as him knowing we couldn't stop them so he did it out of necessity. I don't think anyone has said **** to him.

Brother...we've been in about 472 games over the last 3 years where he knew, mid game, we couldn't stop the other team.

This was different. Even in all those instances he never made that bold a move.

I'm telling you...it's time to start believing.

I still really believe that Golden is finished here. Not saying the decision has been made, but I think it will end up that way. One good thing about UM is that if you suck, the players can tell and will quit on you, and you'll fail spectacularly. That's what will happen this year. 5-7 is the best we can do but IMO it's looking more like 4-8.

Agreed, that was the most telling play of the game. This is the fourth year of this defense and he still made a decision like that.

Is this guy feeling tremendous heat or what?

I don't think he made the decision because he felt the heat. He made it because he knew his defense was crap. But that says a lot in Year Four.

This stuff is all fluid but we are definitely "trending" in the direction of a new coach in 2015 based on what I've seen and heard.

Advertisement
Golden getting the gameball last week vs Duke (deservedly so for what he endured that week with Kelly) reminded me of Randy getting one as well for the UNC game in 2010 after all the scrutiny that rained down upon him for the collapse vs fsu that year at Sun Life.

Couldn't help but think of that.

Barring a dramatic turnaround, we're looking at a new staff and head honcho for 2015.

I don't think he made the decision because he felt the heat. He made it because he knew his defense was crap. But that says a lot in Year Four.

This stuff is all fluid but we are definitely "trending" in the direction of a new coach in 2015 based on what I've seen and heard.

Don't fail me now D$, this has to happen

Golden getting the gameball last week vs Duke (deservedly so for what he endured that week with Kelly) reminded me of Randy getting one as well for the UNC game in 2010.

Couldn't help but think of that.

Barring a dramatic turnaround, we're looking at a new staff and head honcho for 2015.
I saw someone compare the Duke game to UNC 2010 last week. To continue the analogy, does that make this loss to GT his Virginia 2010?

He did it because he, along with the rest of the world, knew that we would only have about 5 possessions in the entire game. He knew that the defense wasn't stopping the run, just like every other game.

Doubt it was because of a talk. For example, running out the clock at the end of the half with 2 timeouts in remaining didn't exactly scream out "coaching for your life" or "bold move".

Advertisement

:based-duke2::U5PyXda::rickflair2:

If all the players from the 2012 class return under a new coaching staff with a competent DC. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Advertisement
That was one that stood out. The other was D. Jones being congratulated by coaches and team-mates for failing to catch the football. It was a seven minute review, courtesy of a TV timeout that gave Coley the 3rd and goal tunnel screen, and somehow...motioning the RB to the play side, going empty backfield.

What have you been hearing?

What have you been hearing D Money?

What have you been hearing?

Are you incapable of reading?

Advertisement
Back