There is a scrimmage today?

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 17s
Source close to Heaps said he, like most players, has been dealing with minor injuries in camp but nothing serious. http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...anes-final-scrimmage-brad-kaaya-throws-2-tds/

It's gonna be Heaps, you don't sit him with a minor injury if he doesn't have the job locked up.

But then it seems weird to completely discount a scrimmage.

If he's got a minor muscle or tendon pull in his arm, given that he WILL be either the starter or experienced backup to a freshman QB, then yes, you definitely let him rest that arm. The possibility of aggravating it and having Rosier as the backup for UL outweighs the loss of scrimmage time for Heaps.

Advertisement
Arm fatigue happens with QBs. Strong arm, medium arm, weak arm. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Heaps has thrown 100s of extra passes to try to speed up his process. It isn't serious but you don't get their best.

Thanks for the update jake how'd it feel to watch the goat sling it today while you held that clipboard get used to it

How many sacks did the GOAT take? Someone who gets to watch like you said he took 4-5 sacks today. Sounds like the GOAT holds on to the ball too long.

Arm fatigue happens with QBs. Strong arm, medium arm, weak arm. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Heaps has thrown 100s of extra passes to try to speed up his process. It isn't serious but you don't get their best.

Thanks for the update jake how'd it feel to watch the goat sling it today while you held that clipboard get used to it

How many sacks did the GOAT take? Someone who gets to watch like you said he took 4-5 sacks today. Sounds like the GOAT holds on to the ball too long.
Rather see the GOAT take em as a freshman than the Mormon take em as 25th year 3rd transfer senior that'll get you to 8 wins tops

yeah........ why rest a player who is in a competition to be the starting qb that is supposed to be "too close" to call unless he has already been notified that he is the starter or he is seriously injured. You dont do this 2 weeks out from the game unless something is up. Why would they give him a rest when we have an off day on tuesday anyway?. Golden said as recently as saturday that the two would battle it out on monday.... Something is up......

Advertisement

Rather see the GOAT take em as a freshman than the Mormon take em as 25th year 3rd transfer senior that'll get you to 8 wins tops

How many wins you have Kaaya getting then?

Yep, I'm sure it couldn't have been the ol getting whipped by the DL?

Advertisement

7 I'm realistic , 9 if the defense is top 35

I was able to attend the second scrimmage and thought Kaaya looked solid. He definitely goes through he projections. I remember one or two long passes I wish he threw but he still completed to the check downs. I would not be worried about his performance.

I attributed the sacks more towards the offensive line struggling tonight. It seemed like there were a lot of combinations they were trying out. I mean Joe Brown got a lot of reps.

I thought Yearby had a great scrimmage and was also impressed by Tyre Brady on the offensive side. On the defensive side Chick, Gaines, AQM, Perryman, Artie and Crawford all stood out.

Also Heaps was wearing an elbow brace. I was at saturday's practice and he took no hits or contact. So I assume it must be inflammation.

All in all, my impression is that the team looks improved from last year.

Last edited:

They usually won't answer this.

I was looking at some coverage of practices from itu and the first week of practices heaps threw like 7ints.

One day he almost threw 4. 2 was picked the other 2 was dropped.

heaps has thrown 4 pick sixes too. A.Crawford had 2 of them, burns 1, d.Crawford 1.

Advertisement

Yep, I'm sure it couldn't have been the ol getting whipped by the DL?

No it couldn't be. Not according to the guy who watches 20-30 minutes of practice each day. The line gives Heaps plenty of time and he just holds it and doesn't get rid of it. I'm gonna assume the line gave Kaaya plenty of time and he took too long. Why would it be any different for him?

The ones ripping the qb that's not their guy for the job , you do realize they're both UM qb's ?

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 17s
Source close to Heaps said he, like most players, has been dealing with minor injuries in camp but nothing serious. http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...anes-final-scrimmage-brad-kaaya-throws-2-tds/

It's gonna be Heaps, you don't sit him with a minor injury if he doesn't have the job locked up.

But then it seems weird to completely discount a scrimmage.

More reps for the less experienced guys, all the guys. Brad could use the work as well.

Advertisement
I was able to attend the second scrimmage and thought Kaaya looked solid. He definitely goes through he projections. I remember one or two long passes I wish he threw but he still completed to the check downs. I would not be worried about his performance.

I attributed the sacks more towards the offensive line struggling tonight. It seemed like there were a lot of combinations they were trying out. I mean Joe Brown got a lot of reps.

I thought Yearby had a great scrimmage and was also impressed by Tyre Brady on the offensive side. On the defensive side Chick, Gaines, AQM, Perryman, Artie and Crawford all stood out.

Also Heaps was wearing an elbow brace. I was at saturday's practice and he took no hits or contact. So I assume it must be inflammation.

Well then

Gaines? Please, no no no. Please tell me he's not here still? Lol.

Thanks for the insight.

I was looking at some coverage of practices from itu and the first week of practices heaps threw like 7ints.

One day he almost threw 4. 2 was picked the other 2 was dropped.

heaps has thrown 4 pick sixes too. A.Crawford had 2 of them, burns 1, d.Crawford 1.

No he doesn't.

Burns picked off Kaaya(he immediately turned around asking for clarification it appeared). D. Crawford got Kaaya in the scrimmage. Grace got Kaaya this week. Crawford picked off Rosier on a low throw.

Advertisement
Back