There is a scrimmage today?

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 28s

Jake Heaps was held out of the scrimmage to rest his arm, UM says. #Canes

Hopefully that's the case but why would you rest the QB when he's in a battle for the #1 spot? Unless you've made a decision on who the QB will be already(Overreaction thought).

Wondering the same thing...if he was truly resting, does that mean the depth chart will still be undecided?

I hope the LBs keep getting in these passing lanes once the season starts. They seem to be coming up with interceptions and breakups every day, especially Grace and Armbrister. Those type of plays were very rare last year

Hopefully that's the case but why would you rest the QB when he's in a battle for the #1 spot? Unless you've made a decision on who the QB will be already(Overreaction thought).

I think you've hit the nail on the head and Heaps is going to be the starter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got to see the scrimmage.

Kaaya took all the first team snaps. Heaps did not play any snaps and had his right elbow in some kind of compression bandage.

Kaaya was up and down. He completed a td to Stacy Coley in red zone and led an 80 yd drive that ended in a 9 yd pass to Walter Tucker.

But by and large he took a long time to read the play after the snap and was sacked four or five times (touch sack). With that said, when he set himself he was money particularly on a 30 yd thrown to Malcolm Lewis over the middle. The other qbs (Olsen, Rosier and Hoza) looked significantly behind though Rosier has a cannon.

Yearby broke off a 50 yard run and looked shifty. Trayone Gray had some nice runs but did not see a lot from Edwards. In fact Perryman knocked Edwards on his *** for a loss on third down that sounded like a thunderclap.

Secondary largely had tight coverage. Thurston Armbrister got a pick six and Grace nearly had one. Artie Burns ran with the ones a lot.

Defensive line dominated the offensive line (particularly right side) on passing downs resulting in a total of six or seven sacks. Some of that was on Kaaya's slow read on the plays.

Will write more later. From what I saw, the defense won the scrimmage, but there is a lot of work left to do before I feel comfortable predicting a victory against Louisville. Will post more later.

**** it man. No bueno. Just when I was about to put a Benji on those 200/1 odds that UM wins championship

most important practice of camp but he heaps was held out to rest his arm. Yeah stfu

Advertisement
You'll cowards scared the kid is clearly being set up by god to have the greatest true freshman qb year ever

Advertisement

I think you've hit the nail on the head and Heaps is going to be the starter.

I find it hard to believe though even if they've already anointed Heaps. Wouldn't he need as many first team reps as possible- especially in a scrimmage type setting? This is weird.

The one that gave up 500 yards in like 7 straight games down the stretch last year?

Yeah...I'll wait til we play competition with a pulse before exhaling in regards to dat D doe.

But you would have surely used a high scoring scrimmage to support throwing some **** on the Defense.

No I wouldn't...I point to the stat above in addition to the fact we are 1-11 in the only 12 games played during Golden's tenure against teams with a pulse as the support for throwing all the **** in the world at Onfrio and the defense.

There's absolutely nothing to take from these intersquad scrimmages other than hoping nobody gets hurt.

You'll cowards scared the kid is clearly being set up by god to have the greatest true freshman qb year ever

tumblr_ln9g4rWf1k1qztit6.gif

Advertisement
Back