There has always been a talent gap

ND left a good amount of points out there too, imo they actually won both trenches ( decisively). Which surprised me. And their backup put up unreal stats. That being said Clemson will be up and focused like our game and will beat their brakes off. But the first game I thought ND was better in every facet. I cane away impressed with both of their fronts. I don’t see them as 100 % frauds like most times.
Lol

Advertisement
Phillips' playing temperament and emotion on the field is a pretty strong indicator of where his heart is at.

I said GR's ceiling could be David Irving. He was a pretty dominant player when he had his head on straight. 7 sacks in 8 games in 2017.

mann everyone be stealing my stuff this year. If I say something on here you better believe some draft analyst will repeat it 2 months later.

Advertisement
JPPwas a different type of athlete dude was doing like 500000 backflips at his size. Still prolly could do it with that scary movie 2 hand...it wouldn't surprise me.
scary-movie-2-2001-chris-elliott-little-hand.jpg
MY GERMS!!! LMAO

JPPwas a different type of athlete dude was doing like 500000 backflips at his size. Still prolly could do it with that scary movie 2 hand...it wouldn't surprise me.
For sure. GR may be a freak too but JPP plays like an uncaged animal. He throws everything he has at OTs with his unconventional combo of body control+physicality. GR has the former but not the latter.

As I said the path to success for GR is to bulk up and play inside where he can just continue to out-athlete overmatched interior linemen. If he's on the field on early downs it has to be in an aggressive upfield penetrating scheme where he isn't asked to anchor and create knockback. Whereas Phillips can fit any scheme and play inside or outside with his hand down or in a 2-pt stance.

Advertisement
For sure. GR may be a freak too but JPP plays like an uncaged animal. He throws everything he has at OTs with his unconventional combo of body control+physicality. GR has the former but not the latter.

As I said the path to success for GR is to bulk up and play inside where he can just continue to out-athlete overmatched interior linemen. If he's on the field on early downs it has to be in an aggressive upfield penetrating scheme where he isn't asked to anchor and create knockback. Whereas Phillips can fit any scheme and play inside or outside with his hand down or in a 2-pt stance.
Worked with a USF lineman in the past. He told me the #1 thing that made JPP so hard to block was how freakishly long his arms were.

Last edited:

GR isnt even a finished product, i think he can improve more. Usually guys are finished products most of the time physically. He isnt even there yet IMO

Advertisement
Back