There are complaints about the KC/CIN game being fixed by the refs...

Maybe, I guess.

I thought it was a good game. Honestly one would say the play was a bit sloppy from the penalties. I saw some damned good DB play from the Chiefs, considering the Bengals OL was a little banged up, the KC secondary held their own long enough, and Jones was playing like a man possessed on the DL.

Felt really bad the #58 on the Bengals DL, that man played a **** of a game, and all anyone is going to remember is the 15yrd penalty that set KC kicker up for the winning FG.
Yeah pretty much. Dumb decision by a good player.

Advertisement
It was exactly, directly at Perine. It was tossed into the ground that short of Perine because his throwing motion was impeded and it got deflected I believe. Go preach elsewhere to somebody who hasn’t played the game. I could care less about either squad, but that should not have been called when I seen waaaaay more egregious grounding that is not called.

If you have more time though, feel free to also explain how it was really pass interference too..😂😂😂
It was 5 yds short or more of Perine at his ol’s feet. It wasn’t deflected and it was obvious he was just trying to get rid of it. If you do that to avoid a sack, that’s the exact reason the rule is in place

Lol it’s not the 20’s. Both sides have 100’s of millions of them. All the players are multi millionaires. Theres no fixing in major pro sports. College & MMA I can see.

The Chiefs game felt fixed, but only because of that redo play. It was so out of the ordinary and though the ref clearly signaled to stop play, it doesn't seem anyone on the field had noticed. The late number of Bengals penalties were all pretty blatant, but after that redo play, I think everyone was feeling a bias.
How does the fact the ref was attempting to stop the play equate to being biased? The clock wasn’t correct and needed to be adjusted- which is always a reason to stop play. There was nothing wrong with that.

They are also complaining about the grounding call on Burrow. I suggest to go back and review that call too. It was obvious grounding and the video shows why. That was an easy call.

Advertisement
It was exactly, directly at Perine. It was tossed into the ground that short of Perine because his throwing motion was impeded and it got deflected I believe. Go preach elsewhere to somebody who hasn’t played the game. I could care less about either squad, but that should not have been called when I seen waaaaay more egregious grounding that is not called.

If you have more time though, feel free to also explain how it was really pass interference too..😂😂😂
It wasn’t even close to the RB- Burrow launched it directly into the ground and it went between the legs of his OL- all without being hit while throwing it. Go watch the video and you will see it all.

Burrow made zero attempt in getting it close to the RB. Lol. It’s not even debatable.

It wasn’t even close to the RB- Burrow launched it directly into the ground and it went between the legs of his OL- all without being hit while throwing it. Go watch the video and you will see it all.

Burrow made zero attempt in getting it close to the RB. Lol. It’s not even debatable.
here it is

No horse in the race and I only saw the 2nd half but that crew was worse than wrestling referees, it was so horrid.

Advertisement
nation wide gambling with celebrities and athletes pimping sports books, over/under with point spreads mentioned with every game, of course there will always be film flam. BET on it

How does the fact the ref was attempting to stop the play equate to being biased? The clock wasn’t correct and needed to be adjusted- which is always a reason to stop play. There was nothing wrong with that.

They are also complaining about the grounding call on Burrow. I suggest to go back and review that call too. It was obvious grounding and the video shows why. That was an easy call.
I don't think it was, it just gave the appearance of being so, especially combined with the lopsided penalty numbers following that. The grounding was crazy obvious. I was sitting there confused as to why they nobody was mentioning it, before the tv crew finally saw the flag.

I had money on the chiefs. I'm not complaining.

I don't think it was, it just gave the appearance of being so, especially combined with the lopsided penalty numbers following that. The grounding was crazy obvious. I was sitting there confused as to why they nobody was mentioning it, before the tv crew finally saw the flag.

I had money on the chiefs. I'm not complaining.
There are a lot of holding calls at the LOS every game where there is no flag. People get all wound up about that- but quite frankly- the QB would get hit a lot more if they didn’t let some of those slide. OL are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to blocking and sustaining blocks.

Advertisement

While I'm sympathetic, and I like Joe Burrow, he threw away numerous passes like that (thrown directly into the ground). Every time he did it, I kept thinking "one of these times, that's going to be an illegal grounding", and then it was.

Advertisement
There were so many missed end of game FSU kicks over the years I wondered if we had their kickers on our payroll.

Then the Brian Monroe muff happened.

While not as obvious a ***** job as the Cleveland Gary or Terry Porter games the 58 game home streak snapped game against the Huskies kind of had weird officiating. The refs I remember made us kickoff twice in that game at start of game and post half time insinuating that because we said we didn’t want the ball in the second half that we wanted to kick off twice.

The situation was idiotic because I think we came out ready to receive in the second half but had to kick off instead. From what I remember watching on tv it seemed like a big surprise.

Maybe not a big ***** job but an oddly officiated one.

Not that anything was on the line, but that bowl game against Wisconsin a few years ago where the DB tried to pants our receiver, then moved ahead for the interception was pretty egregious.

Not that anything was on the line, but that bowl game against Wisconsin a few years ago where the DB tried to pants our receiver, then moved ahead for the interception was pretty egregious.
Not to mention them tackling our d line on most plays. I thought Richt was gonna stroke out while laying into those refs lol.

Advertisement
Back