There are complaints about the KC/CIN game being fixed by the refs...

fraggle

Senile Senior
Which Hurricane game was blatantly fixed in your view?

The most obvious was the no first down Miami/ ND game but to me the 1995 Miami/ Nebraska Orange Bowl game was the prime example of refs picking the winner.
"Miami placekicker Dane Prewitt scored the first points of the game with a 44-yard field goal to open up a 3–0 Miami lead. Miami quarterback Frank Costa fired a 35-yard touchdown pass to Trent Jones for a 10–0 Miami lead."
I sat in the upper deck of the OB with a great view of the entire field. When Costa hit Jones for a long TD it was obvious Nebraska could not cover our WR's. From that TD forward the Nebraska Defenders were tackling our wide outs with no calls. I was pointing it out to those around me and they all agreed it was a fixed game so Osborne could close out his career with a NC. I taped the game (VHS) and when I replayed the game I was surprised all the camera shots were so close to the LOS anyone watching had no idea why our passing game went into the toilet. I felt bad for Warren Sapp as he played one of his best games.

Any other Canes games? I could mention several.

Advertisement
Which Hurricane game was blatantly fixed in your view?

The most obvious was the no first down Miami/ ND game but to me the 1995 Miami/ Nebraska Orange Bowl game was the prime example of refs picking the winner.
"Miami placekicker Dane Prewitt scored the first points of the game with a 44-yard field goal to open up a 3–0 Miami lead. Miami quarterback Frank Costa fired a 35-yard touchdown pass to Trent Jones for a 10–0 Miami lead."
I sat in the upper deck of the OB with a great view of the entire field. When Costa hit Jones for a long TD it was obvious Nebraska could not cover our WR's. From that TD forward the Nebraska Defenders were tackling our wide outs with no calls. I was pointing it out to those around me and they all agreed it was a fixed game so Osborne could close out his career with a NC. I taped the game (VHS) and when I replayed the game I was surprised all the camera shots were so close to the LOS anyone watching had no idea why our passing game went into the toilet. I felt bad for Warren Sapp as he played one of his best games.

Any other Canes games? I could mention several.
1988 v Notre Dame and the Cleveland Gary BS fumble
2002 National Championship game and the BS PI call

Though I question whether those were fixed as opposed to incompetent officiating. I tend to believe that people are stupid more than anything.

The Chiefs game felt fixed, but only because of that redo play. It was so out of the ordinary and though the ref clearly signaled to stop play, it doesn't seem anyone on the field had noticed. The late number of Bengals penalties were all pretty blatant, but after that redo play, I think everyone was feeling a bias.

The Chiefs game felt fixed, but only because of that redo play. It was so out of the ordinary and though the ref clearly signaled to stop play, it doesn't seem anyone on the field had noticed. The late number of Bengals penalties were all pretty blatant, but after that redo play, I think everyone was feeling a bias.
Wasn't fixed, but officials seemingly lost control at times. Bad look.

Advertisement
The explanation for the redo play was that the clock started prematurely. Replays showed that was the case.

Missed block in the back on that last punt return. What made it so bad was he was the only Cincy defender on that side of the field at the time. Who else could the ref be watching?

Advertisement
Yeah definitely not a good look. The replay issue was the tipping point and then it was just one flag after another in KC's favor. There were some blatant holds on the KC o-line that were missed.

That being said, that game likely goes to OT if the Bengals defender doesn't make a ridiculously late hit out of bounds.

I didnt see any calls that were not legit. Especially after replay confirmed most of them. There were a couple that were a little sensitive to the ruling, and that went both ways. Sometimes refs get flag happy.

Just another case of a group of people *****ing because something did not go their way, IMO.

I had no dog in the fight, not even a single prop bet or anything in that one.

Advertisement
Yeah definitely not a good look. The replay issue was the tipping point and then it was just one flag after another in KC's favor. There were some blatant holds on the KC o-line that were missed.

That being said, that game likely goes to OT if the Bengals defender doesn't make a ridiculously late hit out of bounds.
Everyone knows that blatant holds could possibly be called on literally every down, on both teams.

That redo had no baring on the game though...

Can't remember the outcome of the 3rd down do-over. Did KC get a first down? Go on to score? Guess crowd noise was a factor.

Advertisement
Exactly. In glaring white jerseys and he ignored it. Add in a bad grounding call and PI call they NEVER call in the NFL
You should look up the rules of grounding...it was grounding, and yes it gets called often. Burrow had pressure all night, and his *** was tired of being hit. You cannot throw the ball forward, within the tackle box, and not in the direction of any eligible receiver at all. Perine was in that direction, but down field and passed the LOS, Burrow threw it directly at the ground and not even beyond the LOS.

GROUNDING, lol

Bengals had there chances. They blew it. Game wasnt fixed but Chiefs got some home field cooking on some calls but hey..thats just how it goes. You think the 49ers dont feel like they got dealt the worst hand? Got the 4th string QB out there. Never had a chance to win that game no matter how well they played.

Advertisement
Back