There are complaints about the KC/CIN game being fixed by the refs...

You should look up the rules of grounding...it was grounding, and yes it gets called often. Burrow had pressure all night, and his *** was tired of being hit. You cannot throw the ball forward, within the tackle box, and not in the direction of any eligible receiver at all. Perine was in that direction, but down field and passed the LOS, Burrow threw it directly at the ground and not even beyond the LOS.

GROUNDING, lol
It was exactly, directly at Perine. It was tossed into the ground that short of Perine because his throwing motion was impeded and it got deflected I believe. Go preach elsewhere to somebody who hasn’t played the game. I could care less about either squad, but that should not have been called when I seen waaaaay more egregious grounding that is not called.

If you have more time though, feel free to also explain how it was really pass interference too..😂😂😂

Advertisement
The explanation for the redo play was that the clock started prematurely. Replays showed that was the case.
This is true - but if I recall correctly, the Referee told them to start the play clock AND game clock on his signal.

Edit - which was also erroneous from the start, because the previous play was an incomplete pass IIRC

It was exactly, directly at Perine. It was tossed into the ground that short of Perine because his throwing motion was impeded and it got deflected I believe. Go preach elsewhere to somebody who hasn’t played the game. I could care less about either squad, but that should not have been called when I seen waaaaay more egregious grounding that is not called.

If you have more time though, feel free to also explain how it was really pass interference too..😂😂😂
LMAO, ok.

But thats wrong. I dont preach

Take care

Advertisement
WHY IS FRAGGLE ALLOWED TO START THREADS?

Maudes, I demand an immediate inquiry...

i-want-the-truth-tom-cruise.gif

Last edited:
Which Hurricane game was blatantly fixed in your view?

The most obvious was the no first down Miami/ ND game but to me the 1995 Miami/ Nebraska Orange Bowl game was the prime example of refs picking the winner.
"Miami placekicker Dane Prewitt scored the first points of the game with a 44-yard field goal to open up a 3–0 Miami lead. Miami quarterback Frank Costa fired a 35-yard touchdown pass to Trent Jones for a 10–0 Miami lead."
I sat in the upper deck of the OB with a great view of the entire field. When Costa hit Jones for a long TD it was obvious Nebraska could not cover our WR's. From that TD forward the Nebraska Defenders were tackling our wide outs with no calls. I was pointing it out to those around me and they all agreed it was a fixed game so Osborne could close out his career with a NC. I taped the game (VHS) and when I replayed the game I was surprised all the camera shots were so close to the LOS anyone watching had no idea why our passing game went into the toilet. I felt bad for Warren Sapp as he played one of his best games.

Any other Canes games? I could mention several.

I wish I could say I agreed the fix was in for the 1995 Orange Bowl, but I didn't see it. 50-yard line for that one and all I recall was an poorly-conditioned Miami team that wilted in the second half. I think Corey Schlesinger is still barreling over that tired Canes' defense.
Miami's regression stared in 1993 and 1994 was an extension of that; October 1993 through September 1994 with some brutal outings that were nothing like what we'd seen the previous decade:

#1 Florida State 28, #3 Miami 10
#17 West Virginia 17, #14 Miami 14
#16 Arizona 16, #10 Miami 0
#17 Washington 38, #10 Miami 20

Four losses over that 11-month span from a program whose last four-game span of losses came between October 1989 and January 1993.

Miami wasn't "Miami" in that game against Nebraska. It was usually the Canes who left the Huskers winded.

Also, there was no chatter about Tom Osborne retiring in late 1994. He was back in 1995 and rolled Florida for another title in the Fiesta Bowl, was knocked out of the 1996 title hunt early in the season with a 19-0 loss at Arizona State (who would've won the natty if they got one final stop against #4 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl; instead #3 Florida beat #1 FSU and took it—Arizona State #2 going into that match-up)—and then Osborne got the charity retirement half-title in 1997, split with Michigan in what was his final year.

Frank Costa and an average set of receivers cost Miami that Orange Bowl; the Canes knowing they weren't getting a piece of that title even if they beat Nebraska—as undefeated #2 Penn State beat #9 Oregon in the Rose Bowl and Miami already had the Washington loss.

Just like there was "nothing to play for" in the previous Fiesta Bowl against "Desert Swarm" era Arizona, Miami didn't want it as badly as Nebraska did in that 1995 Orange Bowl game for the 1994 season.

This is true - but if I recall correctly, the Referee told them to start the play clock AND game clock on his signal.

Edit - which was also erroneous from the start, because the previous play was an incomplete pass IIRC
I honestly wasn’t paying that close attention at that time and was relying solely on the refs explanation and replay.

Advertisement
Miami-Penn State "fatigue" game was fixed...not going any further into it...IYKYK.

Last night's game was a classic case of too many penalties...set the tone early in the game of how it will be officiated and stick with it unless it's a big one. The PI is a great example of that, you leave that alone.

All in all...I didn't see the game as fixed, and I saw the block in the back as a ticky tack foul because the defender was engaged with another player and the KC player barely touched him...I'd like to see another replay but that's my take on it watching it live. Has to create an advantage for it to be a foul 9/10 times...or be safety related.

Of course. It just seemed a lot more holds (offense and defense) were called on Cinci. The refs didn't cost the Bengals the game, but they definitely helped sway the momentum a bit.
Refs make bad calls sometimes
Players make bad plays lots of times

Whos really to blame, in a 3 point game?

In the NFL, you can call a penalty on every single play. Holding, illegal contact, etc. Most times the refs only call blatant ones. In this game, it got the feeling of something more bc of how lopsided the calls got in the 4th quarter with 5 against Cincy and 1 against KC, especially when you include the redo 4th down.

Some fans felt the same about SF and Philly, with SF having 11 vs Philly’s 4.

Advertisement
Lmao at fans complaining this was the game that woke them up about how lopsided officials have been this year. NFL had instant apology letters week after week for Chicago.

Advertisement
Cin fixed the game against themselves.

Had the ball with all TOs and 2 minutes left and 2nd & 3 and threw two passes and punted.
And there it is. Right in front of their eyes. But instead they focus on the excuses.

I think we're in agreement here. The question was "Was the game rigged?" and I said no, though there may have been some momentum sway.
Maybe, I guess.

I thought it was a good game. Honestly one would say the play was a bit sloppy from the penalties. I saw some damned good DB play from the Chiefs, considering the Bengals OL was a little banged up, the KC secondary held their own long enough, and Jones was playing like a man possessed on the DL.

Felt really bad the #58 on the Bengals DL, that man played a **** of a game, and all anyone is going to remember is the 15yrd penalty that set KC kicker up for the winning FG.

Advertisement
Back