MEGA There’s Still Hope for the ACCCG/CFB Playoffs Mega Merge Thread

That’s my fear. But how does Bama get in if their resume is a loss to FSU, Oklahoma, and a 20+ point loss in SECCG? If it close, they’re in regardless. I just don’t see how you reward that without taking insane backlash
 
I really think that if Duke wins the acc and they’re ranked lower than than a G5 conf winner that G5 team gets in under the highest ranked bowl winner bids and that also meets the guaranteed G5 team getting in which would open up one more slot. Miami jumps byu and Miami and ND are both in.
 
They take the top 5 highest ranked conference champions. If Duke wins I would guess its American and Sunbelt.
I mean realistically I think Duke would still be above JMU given JMU lost to UVA and Duke would have to beat UVA to win the conference...
 
Ima laugh like **** when they change the rule to it has to be a CG winner and the highest ranked conference team to get an autobid in the future.

Duke/UVA about to destroy the CFP credibility. All because conferences have gotten so big and teams dont play each other. And we have to result to some obscure *** tie breaker (I know this could happen in the past with divisions, just more likely now).

They need to figure out this format ****. So much complaining at this point...move to 24 teams. If you can't make too 25, you shouldn't be in. Let the teams play it out on the field.

The committees decision making plus the set up is just too flawed in its current state.
 
But Trumpycane wants to know why happens if they’re unranked also
The committee "ranks" the unranked teams and picks the two highest conference champions. Similar to how they had Memphis in the first CFP rankings as a G5 rep despite being unranked.
 
Back
Top