Theo Johnson TE

Hey while were on this subject did anyone else notice this commercial? The SEC bold man LMAO.

Advertisement
wow.... Just saw an interview Wiltfong did this week with Theo Johnson after his OV to UGA last weekend. This paragraph really caught my attention....

“Coach Hartley was saying to me they don’t want me they need me because of the numbers and how they’re losing two guys this year,” Johnson recapped. “Coach Smart was just saying he thinks it’s a good fit for me but you have realize that yourself. One thing he did say that stood out to me, he asked me what my brother’s plan is after football. I said he wants to be a coach. He said he’d be interested in putting my brother on in a QC or GA role if he decides he wants to go straight into coaching after he’s done taking his shot at the pros. I thought that was pretty cool he said that. He said that would be good to have somebody in your family close by. He said at some point you’re going to get homesick that’s part of going away. It stood out that he said that.”

Sorry, guys, this is business. It's not illegal, not a violation and has been going on since the days of Rockne. Happens all the time in college basketball/football with HS coaches or a relative landing on a staff. If you think back, suspect Miami has done it at some point in the past. And if they're not doing it, then shame on them.

Advertisement
Sorry, guys, this is business. It's not illegal, not a violation and has been going on since the days of Rockne. Happens all the time in college basketball/football with HS coaches or a relative landing on a staff. If you think back, suspect Miami has done it at some point in the past. And if they're not doing it, then shame on them.

For parity's sake, this sort of stuff needs to be squashed via salary caps and staff size limits. Would be better for college football as it has gotten out of hand.

wow.... Just saw an interview Wiltfong did this week with Theo Johnson after his OV to UGA last weekend. This paragraph really caught my attention....

“Coach Hartley was saying to me they don’t want me they need me because of the numbers and how they’re losing two guys this year,” Johnson recapped. “Coach Smart was just saying he thinks it’s a good fit for me but you have realize that yourself. One thing he did say that stood out to me, he asked me what my brother’s plan is after football. I said he wants to be a coach. He said he’d be interested in putting my brother on in a QC or GA role if he decides he wants to go straight into coaching after he’s done taking his shot at the pros. I thought that was pretty cool he said that. He said that would be good to have somebody in your family close by. He said at some point you’re going to get homesick that’s part of going away. It stood out that he said that.”
Eventually, the primadonna's will destroy your locker room

Advertisement

Clearly a major violation of ncaa rules. You can't offer extra benefits as a condition of a commitment. But the ncaa will turn a blind eye when we are talking about an SEC school. Oh well! The ncaa is a corrupt entity that needs to be dismantled and send Emerett to prison. It will never happen.

Advertisement
Clearly a major violation of ncaa rules. You can't offer extra benefits as a condition of a commitment. But the ncaa will turn a blind eye when we are talking about an SEC school. Oh well! The ncaa is a corrupt entity that needs to be dismantled and send Emerett to prison. It will never happen.

Can you site the specific NCAA rule regarding this? TIA!

If you aren't saying the right things to sign the kids up, you aren't doing your job.

Advertisement
Didn't the NCAA put in a rule to stop stuff like that? Someone that close to a player has to be hired as an on the field coach in order for this to happen?

Advertisement
Back